What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
junk

Watch the Star Spangled Banner as you never heard it ...

Beautiful and breathtaking.  Those who kneel should realize what they sacrifice when they do so.  

Steve, is it possible to make this one of the top posts on this forum?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Petee said:

Beautiful and breathtaking.  Those who kneel should realize what they sacrifice when they do so.  

Steve, is it possible to make this one of the top posts on this forum?

I pinned, featured and also promoted it on our promotion page.

I love this.  It is the best video I have seen on the flag and the anthem.

However, I do not think less of those who kneel after watching this video.   I do not believe they were disrespecting the flag when they did so, nor do I believe they love their nation less than anyone, including me. 

I understand hate. I have practiced a bunch of it for various reasons.

I understand that we practice freedom in this country. That freedom allows me to hate certain things publicly just like other people.

I just wish everyone could show compassion for our flag and what it stands for and quit using it to show their hatred. B1tch, scream, yell and complain/hate all you want but------

LEAVE OUR FLAG ALONE.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

4 hours ago, fedup said:

I understand hate. I have practiced a bunch of it for various reasons.

I understand that we practice freedom in this country. That freedom allows me to hate certain things publicly just like other people.

I just wish everyone could show compassion for our flag and what it stands for and quit using it to show their hatred. B1tch, scream, yell and complain/hate all you want but------

LEAVE OUR FLAG ALONE.

I would say that also goes for those who use the flag to feign patriotism.  These people can also use the flag to "show hatred" toward others who may not think the same as they do, etc...…….I think it goes both ways......

In fact, I see more self-proclaimed patriots misusing the flag than all the others combined...……..just sayin'....

People need to check the U.S. Flag Code and the basic rules for respecting the flag....

On 7/2/2018 at 6:00 PM, conservativeman633 said:

I love this.  It is the best video I have seen on the flag and the anthem.

However, I do not think less of those who kneel after watching this video.   I do not believe they were disrespecting the flag when they did so, nor do I believe they love their nation less than anyone, including me. 

Agree with you on this one.  They kneeling protestors have said time and time again, it's not a display of disrespect for the military or the flag.  They claim it's about racial inequality in a country that claims "justice for all".  They honor the wars our fathers fought and everything that the flag stands for, they just feel those values are not being upheld and THE MESSAGE OUR FLAG REPRESENTS is not being heard.  What will it take for some to understand this? 

31 minutes ago, brandn18 said:

Agree with you on this one.  They kneeling protestors have said time and time again, it's not a display of disrespect for the military or the flag.  They claim it's about racial inequality in a country that claims "justice for all".  They honor the wars our fathers fought and everything that the flag stands for, they just feel those values are not being upheld and THE MESSAGE OUR FLAG REPRESENTS is not being heard.  What will it take for some to understand this? 

well said......

10 hours ago, brandn18 said:

For myself and nearly everyone I have discussed this with, we all support their right to protest their issues.  We don't however support their choice of venue.  Those who didn't agree with that didn't like any of the protest, period.  It appears that the explanations of the kneeling protestors doesn't ring true with many Americans and I see very little indication of any significant change coming.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, hipower said:

For myself and nearly everyone I have discussed this with, we all support their right to protest their issues.  We don't however support their choice of venue.  Those who didn't agree with that didn't like any of the protest, period.  It appears that the explanations of the kneeling protestors doesn't ring true with many Americans and I see very little indication of any significant change coming.

I feel that most people who do not support "choice of venue" may have trouble fully understanding the issue at hand for those protesting.   This may be fully understandable since being discriminated by race(as blacks in America have been) is not something everyone has experienced.   If the values that our flag stands for are not being upheld, then I can hardly be upset at the choice of venue.  I cannot imagine why any American would be, if this be true...….?

Not sure I understand when you say you "do not see signif. change coming"....??

10 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

I feel that most people who do not support "choice of venue" may have trouble fully understanding the issue at hand for those protesting.   This may be fully understandable since being discriminated by race(as blacks in America have been) is not something everyone has experienced.   If the values that our flag stands for are not being upheld, then I can hardly be upset at the choice of venue.  I cannot imagine why any American would be, if this be true...….?

Not sure I understand when you say you "do not see signif. change coming"....??

Your vision and expectations for the future may be different than mine, but I don't see nearly 250 years of our history changing during the balance of my lifetime.  I don't know anyone living today who has owned a slave nor anyone who has been enslaved.  Minorities and our poorest citizens have been given opportunities that some feel has gone too far and now penalizes what has been considered middle class citizens.  One thing I have heard a number of times was from people who were not accepted for a job or promotion due to minority quotas.  A similar result happens with some colleges when poorer prepared students are admitted over better qualified ones simply to fill quotas.  It's difficult for those who have worked to better themselves, regardless of race or background, to see anyone less qualified getting pushed ahead for reasons other than pure effort.

Everyone can't be a polished, refined individual in the classic sense, but most people expect that any college graduate can form coherent thoughts and talk in some thing resembling a complete sentence.  Unfortunately too many examples of the current protesters are highly paid seemingly uneducated, in some cases, people who have rarely faced any adversity other than getting time with the athletic trainer before practice.  Our current President is a classic example of a poor speaker and looks even worse when he follows one of the best public speakers we have seen as President in my lifetime.  Of course there is the additional debate over the media loved and praised everything about the past administration, while appearing to do just the opposite with this one.  Fact, fiction or just what people believe?  Who knows?  But it isn't getting any better any time soon in my opinion, and kneeling at a venue where you are being paid to do a job is a poor choice  of a place to anything protest in many people's eyes. 

12 hours ago, hipower said:

Your vision and expectations for the future may be different than mine, but I don't see nearly 250 years of our history changing during the balance of my lifetime.  I don't know anyone living today who has owned a slave nor anyone who has been enslaved.  Minorities and our poorest citizens have been given opportunities that some feel has gone too far and now penalizes what has been considered middle class citizens.  One thing I have heard a number of times was from people who were not accepted for a job or promotion due to minority quotas.  A similar result happens with some colleges when poorer prepared students are admitted over better qualified ones simply to fill quotas.  It's difficult for those who have worked to better themselves, regardless of race or background, to see anyone less qualified getting pushed ahead for reasons other than pure effort.

Everyone can't be a polished, refined individual in the classic sense, but most people expect that any college graduate can form coherent thoughts and talk in some thing resembling a complete sentence.  Unfortunately too many examples of the current protesters are highly paid seemingly uneducated, in some cases, people who have rarely faced any adversity other than getting time with the athletic trainer before practice.  Our current President is a classic example of a poor speaker and looks even worse when he follows one of the best public speakers we have seen as President in my lifetime.  Of course there is the additional debate over the media loved and praised everything about the past administration, while appearing to do just the opposite with this one.  Fact, fiction or just what people believe?  Who knows?  But it isn't getting any better any time soon in my opinion, and kneeling at a venue where you are being paid to do a job is a poor choice  of a place to anything protest in many people's eyes. 

I doubt that any of the "middle class citizens" mentioned would trade places with black Americans.   We are paying the bill we owe to the inconceivable damages done to the African American culture in our not very distant past (you need not go as far back as slavery)………Atticus says it well in chapter 23 of "To Kill A Mockingbird"........enough said to cover your first paragraph......

I feel the second sentence is stereotypical and a bit racist in character(first sentence).

The media got the current president elected, plain & simple.  The media loves this guy and makes tons of money off him.  I watch 9 news channels daily and see a good balance between them, but only a few are balanced by themselves(PBS, HLN, NBR)….        I watch the news on the Today Show for 10 minutes, then some CNN, then MSNBC, HLN,   Fox X 2,   WJAC at night,  NBR, PBS News Hour

True and agree with your last sentence,....but many people also feel the opposite.

Thank you for responding with an interesting post.....