What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
Tinyus

Mosquitos

4 hours ago, buschpounder said:

I know someone who uses a handheld device called a thermacell.  It has replacement cartridges that lasts 12 hours of so I believe.  Keeps a 15 by 15 foot area clear of bugs and it's odor free.  Seems to work well.

I have one of those, too, and it works well. The best part is it is so small it will also fit in my purs... tackle box

do you have anything to really fish with in that tackle box.....S.s.s and  a  thermacell?  no lures?

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

Lol, years ago we were going camping and I had heard of Avon's Skin so Soft  as a repellent. I bought a big bottle and shared with everyone. All was well with most, the only two that got chewed up was our son and me. I thought, what the heck? So a few weeks later, we tried it again with the same results. Son and I were bitten so much on both tries, it was like Skin so Soft was a mosquito magnet for us.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

10 hours ago, steelnut said:

Lol, years ago we were going camping and I had heard of Avon's Skin so Soft  as a repellent. I bought a big bottle and shared with everyone. All was well with most, the only two that got chewed up was our son and me. I thought, what the heck? So a few weeks later, we tried it again with the same results. Son and I were bitten so much on both tries, it was like Skin so Soft was a mosquito magnet for us.

Even mosquitoes hate the Steelers 

I would say the same about your team.....oh, that's right....you don't have an NFL team...:P

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

24 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:

I would say the same about your team.....oh, that's right....you don't have an NFL team...:P

Kind of. They tried to pacify us by calling the Panthers "Carolina", but they play in Charlotte and their color is Tarheel blue. They have Cam, though, so NC can keep 'em :good:

That's why college football is so huge in the south. Well, that and the fact that we have real conferences like the SEC and ACC. It's cute watching the lesser conferences like the PAC12 and Big 10 act like contenders until January :cheer:

11 minutes ago, LFG said:

Kind of. They tried to pacify us by calling the Panthers "Carolina", but they play in Charlotte and their color is Tareel blue. They have Cam, though, so NC can keep 'em :good:

That's why college football is so huge in the south. Well, that and the fact that we have real conferences like the SEC and ACC. It's cute watching the lesser conferences like the PAC12 and Big 10 act like contenders until January :cheer:

:tapfoot:

1 minute ago, lavender said:

Yep, and every once in a while someone allegedly sees one roaming around here.  Game Commission calls them alcohol related incidents or bobcats. It's Puma concolor aka the Pitt Panther. 

So the NCAA teams are so bland up there that the two main colleges use the same mascot?

Just now, LFG said:

So the NCAA teams are so bland up there that the two main colleges use the same mascot?

Don't know how people with football on the brain think, sorry. The mountain lion is the largest predator around the area or used to be. Pitt is perched on Panther Hollow and Penn State is Mount Nittany or Nittany Valley. No one wants Bambi as their mascot, I suppose. I'll let the implied insult to be answered by those who have football on the brain. I just do the other stuff. 

1 minute ago, LFG said:

Doesn't matter to me. Only one team has 87,000 people chanting "Go Cocks!"

Wait, it's better than it sounds :D

all in good fun.  We watch alot of college football, more enjoyable the NFL.  (I actually think my husband is a closet Alabama Fan or at least has a man crush on Sabin.) 

11 minutes ago, etsaunt said:

all in good fun.  We watch alot of college football, more enjoyable the NFL.  (I actually think my husband is a closet Alabama Fan or at least has a man crush on Sabin.) 

I can't blame him, Saban is a cute chick.

All in good fun here, too. I'm sick to death of hearing about futbol. If Croatia is in the championship game, what does that tell you about soccer? I'm so ready for College Game Day

Gamecocks-Gameday.jpg

1 hour ago, etsaunt said:

We hired a guy here a while back, his neck is more red than mine, but he talks funny. I just found out he's from a town called Renovo up north. I googled it to see where it was. No wonder I get along with most of y'all so well :funny4: