What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
mr.d

SHOCKING NEWS : Man's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Was Missing Peanut Butter

By Caitlin O'Kane CBS News June 26, 2018, 4:28 PM

Reese's sends care package to a man whose Reese's cup was missing peanut butter

Alex Hentges of Dubuque, Iowa, opened up a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup a few months ago only to find there was no peanut butter inside. The company got wind of the fiasco and sent Hentges a care package to make up for it.

Alex Hentges

Hentges took to Reddit to share his experience. "My Reese's Peanut Butter Cup had no peanut butter," he wrote as the caption to a photo showing the solid chocolate cup. As more proof, Hentges even posted a video of himself breaking open another Reese's cup from the package, only to find no peanut butter inside. The images went viral and received a barrage of comments. "Somewhere out there someone is getting an all peanut butter Reese's cup," one commenter wrote. 

"If you sent that photo to them they would bombard you with gifts. For real.., I know from first hand experience working for companies similar to them," one person commented on the Reddit post. It's unclear if this inspired Hentges to write to Reese's, but he eventually did.

"Yo Reese's what gives? Where's me peanut butter? April Fools was almost 2 weeks ago!" Hentges wrote, sharing the photo on Reese's Facebook

Well, a few weeks later, Hentges got another, much more pleasant surprise from Reese's. The company saw his photo of the no-peanut butter fiasco, and sent him a replacement. In fact, they sent Hentges an entire care package full of Reese's products to make up for the snafu. 

0cy146do6xcobyfvizxmvglm6b82d0nemv5du0ck9k0-1.jpg

Reese's sent Alex Hentges a care package full of Reese's products after he shared a photo of his peanut butter cup with no peanut butter inside.

Alex Hentges

The package also came with a note.

"Here's enough chocolate AND peanut butter to to make everything cool between us," the company wrote.

Hentges updated his Reddit to show the results of his complaint. "Reese's replied to my peanut butter-less cup," he wrote. The photo of the care package soon went viral as well.

"I need to find me some peanutbutterless cups and post pics on reddit," one person commented. Others thought it might've been Reese's plan all along: "Reese's was totally hoping this guy to share this on social media and get free advertisement," someone commented.

"They sent you $20 of chocolate and got $100,000 worth of free advertisement, you can't beat that return on investment. I'll be back, I'm craving some peanut butter and chocolate," one person wrote. Others just shared similar stories of food misfortunes that turned into freebies.

Hentges accepted Reese's gift with open arms and a hungry stomach -- although he says he did share some of it with his coworkers.                                                                                                                            https://www.cbsnews.com/news/reeses-sends-best-care-package-to-a-man-whose-reeses-cup-was-missing-peanut-butter/

Eat them like they were candy.

O WAIT.

Marty wants a Mello Cup.

Greatest FIX in the world.  Alternating peanut butter cup with Mello Cup until your sick.

If your tough, add a bag of good old Wise chips and a bag of Snyder's pretzel sticks.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Went to the University health clinic today for my annual "get a break on health care costs" pseudo-checkup.   There was mostly good news but I'm on that watch your sweets and carbs track too.  I feel for you!

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

2 minutes ago, bob_rx2000 said:

Went to the University health clinic today for my annual "get a break on health care costs" pseudo-checkup.   There was mostly good news but I'm on that watch your sweets and carbs track too.  I feel for you!

I've adapted pretty well and my wife has joined the fight so being good is required due to her diligence.  I am testing daily and doing well there and have lost nearly 20 pounds which is long overdue.  Just another day as we trudge forward toward whatever the day brings.

45 minutes ago, hipower said:

All this talk of Reese's makes me sad.  Recently exceeded the pre-diabetic threshold and now fight the sweet tooth battle daily while trying to do all of the things my doctor says will keep me off medication.  That eating healthy is a challenge sometimes.

I'm in the same boat, just under the threshold. I asked my doctor why is it that my dad can smoke, snort, or inject any chemical known to man and still not die, but a loaded baked potato could kill me

1 minute ago, LFG said:

I'm in the same boat, just under the threshold. I asked my doctor why is it that my dad can smoke, snort, or inject any chemical known to man and still not die, but a loaded baked potato could kill me

I completely understand.  I asked my Dr how many years I should expect to add to my life if I am suddenly really good.  I said it has taken me 70 years to partially ruin my health so should I expect to live 70 more by doing what I've already done, or can I live to be 200 by being good?

3 minutes ago, hipower said:

I completely understand.  I asked my Dr how many years I should expect to add to my life if I am suddenly really good.  I said it has taken me 70 years to partially ruin my health so should I expect to live 70 more by doing what I've already done, or can I live to be 200 by being good?

Well, since you are reinvesting wouldn't it technically only be 10 years? :lol:

20 hours ago, fedup said:

Eat them like they were candy.

O WAIT.

Marty wants a Mello Cup.

Greatest FIX in the world.  Alternating peanut butter cup with Mello Cup until your sick.

If your tough, add a bag of good old Wise chips and a bag of Snyder's pretzel sticks.

Try Boyer's Jimmy Stix.

Best of all worlds. Peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels all in one!

1 hour ago, NikonSniper said:

Try Boyer's Jimmy Stix.

Best of all worlds. Peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels all in one!

I can't even buy a Mello Cup down here.

Would like to try the Jimmy Stix for a fix.

3 hours ago, LFG said:

It's called "DESIRE"

6 minutes ago, LFG said:

Yeah, but I desire the potato, too. If I die before he does I'm going to be so mad :lol:

I bet you won't be mad at all. 

We all have one shot at life.

Live it, for what IT is.

It's not a game of Monopoly. You can't put it back in the box a try a do-over.

10 minutes ago, NikonSniper said:

Here you go Fed. Order up a Boyer fix!

http://www.boyercandyoutlet.com

I have been thinking about that option. There is a few things I can't buy of the shelf down here.

Purple horseradish and baby corn, to name a few.

Just worried about how the product will be when I get it.

100 degree days and chocolate in a truck might end up mush.

14 hours ago, fedup said:

I can't even buy a Mello Cup down here.

Would like to try the Jimmy Stix for a fix.

If you are near a Cracker Barrel they often stock Mallow Cups.  I don't remember seeing Jimmy Stix there, but I wasn't really looking either.

23 hours ago, fedup said:

I have been thinking about that option. There is a few things I can't buy of the shelf down here.

Purple horseradish and baby corn, to name a few.

Just worried about how the product will be when I get it.

100 degree days and chocolate in a truck might end up mush.

Where do you normally buy purple horseradish? I would send you some, my friend!!

1 hour ago, Bon said:

Where do you normally buy purple horseradish? I would send you some, my friend!!

Thanks but every once in awhile one store here has it. I just have to keep paying attention. I do appreciate your offer though.

purple horseradish. hmmmm never saw it. I am guessing it must have cranberries in it

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom