What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
YourBoy

What’s going on in dubois

It was announced a month or so ago that helicopters would be spraying for insect control.

Saw a couple "Huey's" going towards Grampian. Followed a creek leading into Curwensville dam.

"Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

"It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one."

I was in the ER at that time last night. They made several announcements for anyone parked in the lot next to the Chopper Pad to please move their cars at once. They only do that when they have more then one Bird coming in at the same time. Praying for everyone involved.

12 minutes ago, katman said:

I was in the ER at that time last night. They made several announcements for anyone parked in the lot next to the Chopper Pad to please move their cars at once. They only do that when they have more then one Bird coming in at the same time. Praying for everyone involved.

The second chopper hovered around the hospital about 20 minutes waiting to land.

7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

The second chopper hovered around the hospital about 20 minutes waiting to land.

My guess is they were waiting for all the cars to move out of the parking lot so they could land safely. I used to work at the Hospital and have to help Security when this would happen.

I was at the seen.The guy on the bike wasn't wearing a helmet and they lost his pulse by the time the ambulance got there.That guy was dead and the first responders brought him back.I have no idea what condition he's currently in but those people flat out saved his life.Very,very well done.

2 hours ago, beenthere said:

I was at the seen.The guy on the bike wasn't wearing a helmet and they lost his pulse by the time the ambulance got there.That guy was dead and the first responders brought him back.I have no idea what condition he's currently in but those people flat out saved his life.Very,very well done.

That's great and sad all at one time. How was the driver of the car? 

The driver wasn't hurt at all.It was a pretty sobering experience.The guy on the bike wasn't going all that fast but the guy in the car made a left hand turn to pull into the car wash.The guy on the bike skidded probably close to 30 feet before he hit the car.I can't imagine the impact speed was really that high.If he was wearing a helmet,I bet he would have walked away with no more than moderate injuries.It's a pretty helpless feeling when somebody is essentially dying right in front of you and there's nothing you can do.It's been bugging me all day.Those first responders deserve a pile of credit.I can tell you one thing.They don't make nearly enough money.That guy was dead and they brought him back.Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

22 minutes ago, beenthere said:

The driver wasn't hurt at all.It was a pretty sobering experience.The guy on the bike wasn't going all that fast but the guy in the car made a left hand turn to pull into the car wash.The guy on the bike skidded probably close to 30 feet before he hit the car.I can't imagine the impact speed was really that high.If he was wearing a helmet,I bet he would have walked away with no more than moderate injuries.It's a pretty helpless feeling when somebody is essentially dying right in front of you and there's nothing you can do.It's been bugging me all day.Those first responders deserve a pile of credit.I can tell you one thing.They don't make nearly enough money.That guy was dead and they brought him back.Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

I have a friend who is an EMT in Punxsy and no they do not get paid enough or enough credit.  I'm sure the person in the car is horrified. No matter what an accident is just that..an accident. 

Praying that he recovers.  I do wish they would put back into  law the use of a helmet.  You are so right about first responders, they are essentially driving a hospital on wheels.  I also wish vehicles on both sides of the road would pull off,  if you can you certainly should . I'm not sure if this is the law in Pa., but you have to remember they are trying to save someones life.  So very much respect for these men and women.