What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
mr.d

'American Pickers' Discover Areosmith's Van In Mass. Woods

'American Pickers' discover Aerosmith's van from 1970s in Massachusetts woods

The stars of History Channel's “American Pickers” never expected to come across a hunk of rock and roll history, specifically a piece of Aerosmith’s history, while filming their hit show.

Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz of “American Pickers” were astonished to find the dilapidated vanduring filming in Chesterfield, a town about 100 miles west of Boston. The episode aired on July 30.

The property owner said the 1964 International Harvester Metro van was there when he bought the land from someone with a connection to Aerosmith.

The reality show stars were able to get in contact with Ray Tabano, a founding member of Aerosmith, who confirmed it was the van the rockers used in the 1970s before they hit it big.

"It certainly looks like it. Oh my goodness gracious," Tabano said. "I'm afraid to say how long it is, but it's been like 40 years since we were in this thing. It was like a touring hotel... This is definitely the van. You found it."  

The pickers paid $25,000 for the van Wolfe called a “piece of American rock and roll history.”

"We just got a piece of American rock and roll history," Wolfe said. "If you had the opportunity to buy one of the biggest and most iconic pieces of rock and roll history for $25,000 — hell yes you would."    http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/08/american-pickers-discover-aerosmiths-van-from-1970s-in-massachusetts-woods.html

4 hours ago, LFG said:

Can you imagine what all was found in that van? 

Steven Tyler's original lips?

Pablo Escobar's premium powder?

Joe Perry's Big 10 Inch?

Love letters from Mick Jagger?

A saddle?

Kings? Queens? Guillotines?

Toys in the attic?

One thing's for sure, if they didn't find something then they should stop all that jivin' and....:D

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

23 minutes ago, Vader said:

Kings? Queens? Guillotines?

Toys in the attic?

One thing's for sure, if they didn't find something then they should stop all that jivin' and....:D

On your way, get along?

6 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I much preferred "The Jungle", though I enjoyed both books.

I'm sorry, I'm from South Carolina. I can't make vague references to books 

13 hours ago, Ignatius said:

This is a thread about Aerosmith?  I first read that book at age 8 or 9!

That must be a regional thing, we read  Deliverance at that age. In history class 

21 minutes ago, LFG said:

That must be a regional thing, we read  Deliverance at that age. In history class 

Did you squeal like a pig?

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

Just now, Ignatius said:

Did you squeal like a pig?

I'm not sure, everything got fuzzy after I finished my Juicebox… 

No lie, I have a signed copy of Deliverance at home. James Dickey was a professor at USC 

5 hours ago, LFG said:

I would think you would have been a extra in the movie.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

21 minutes ago, fedup said:

I would think you would have been a extra in the movie.

I have a feeling more from here, than Tighty Whitey (LFG), would have been extras!  There is a whole class of us here that would have qualified!

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

10 minutes ago, LFG said:

I was the stunt double for this guy

giphy.gif

Funny thing is, when the movie came out, I had a friend that was the spitting image of him.  

14 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Funny thing is, when the movie came out, I had a friend that was the spitting image of him.  

He could be half of my cousins. There are a handful that are so inbred they are related to themselves

1 hour ago, LFG said:

He could be half of my cousins. There are a handful that are so inbred they are related to themselves

Tell them to quit going to family reunions looking for a date.

1 hour ago, LFG said:

I was the stunt double for this guy

giphy.gif

I knew you were on the porch.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:36 AM, LFG said:

I'm not sure, everything got fuzzy after I finished my Juicebox… 

No lie, I have a signed copy of Deliverance at home. James Dickey was a professor at USC 

That is pretty cool!!

I bought the movie for SOB one Christmas, she had never seen it before. She wishes she could unsee now!!! 😂😂😂😂