What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Girl Drowns In Tub After Mother Leaves To Run Errand

Florida girl drowns in tub after mother leaves to run errand

port-st-luce-police-car-1533840925.jpg?c
Florida girl drowns in tub after mother leaves to run errand

A Florida family is mourning the death of a 4-year-old girl who police say drowned in the family bathtub.

Police and crews with the St. Lucie County Fire District responded Thursday afternoon after getting reports of a drowning.

Master Sgt. Frank Sabol said the mother of the victim left the home to run an errand, leaving the victim's 16-year-old sister in charge of the girl.

Sabol said the 16-year-old sister was in the house doing chores when she went to check on the 4-year-old and found the child face down in the master bathroom bathtub.

He said the 16-year-old dialed 911 and administered CPR until rescue and police responded.

Officials said a preliminary investigation indicates this was an accident.

The child was rushed to Tradition Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

Police said at the time of the incident, there were five children inside the house, ages 4 to 16, including the victim.                                                                                                                                                             https://www.wtae.com/article/police-child-drowns-in-tub-when-mother-leaves-to-do-errand/22691256

The title is a little misleading. It looks like she left the girl home alone to run an errand. Leaving her alone with a 16 year old..i would have done that but I would have finished her bath then went on the errand. At 4 i am kind of surprised she drowned in bath water on her own.

This is about par for the course for headlines today. They make the situation sound as bad as possible. A sixteen year old is certainly old enough to babysit and many safely do so. A four year old is old enough to leave in a bathtub alone with checking in a few inches of water. So what did this poor woman do wrong to deserve this type of headline that makes her sound negligent? Reporters should be held responsible for this type of innuendo. 

If it bleeds, it leads.

If it ain't bleeding, stab it with words, until it bleeds.

Edited by fedup

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

12 hours ago, mr.d said:

Sabol said the 16-year-old sister was in the house doing chores when she went to check on the 4-year-old and found the child face down in the master bathroom bathtub

I wonder if this is one of those Garden Tubs. If so, they are like a mini hot tub without the good stuff hitting your back.