What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
Gator11

A little info please

that is if you know the answer.

A friend of had these in his yard. They are the original Monkey Bars from CG Johnson school. I grew up playing on these 40 plus years ago.

He had to replace all the bolts but the bars are still in excellent shape. He replaced one piece of pipe maybe two. The top one that run across the top curve. That says a lot about US Steel from that era. 

He has had it for a few years and he wants to paint it the original color it was when it was first at the school. There a many layers now most are worn off.

So if you remember these bars and can remember the color let me know. I believe they were silver or grey. At first I thought they were not painted but I can't remember

bars.jpg

bars2.jpg

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

These bars looked so big back then but now I would have to duck to walk between them and hold my legs up if I were try and swing across with my arms. I probably could not go all the way across today. LOL

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

Also this is just one not two different ones. 

I just re-read my original post and I said "these" instead of this

Scrap off some of the current color and you should still be able to find the original color underneath someplace.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Those are the monkey bars I fell from in 1972 and got a concussion!!!  Always wondered what happened to them.  It also may explain some of my craziness 😨

Life is what happens to you, when you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

6 hours ago, Petee said:

Scrap off some of the current color and you should still be able to find the original color underneath someplace.

LOL this is not my first rodeo Petee.   Just funnin' with ya Petee.

We already tried that but with years of wear and tear most of the pain is blended together and you cant tell the colors except for the last couple of paint jobs.

5 hours ago, block said:

Those are the monkey bars I fell from in 1972 and got a concussion!!!  Always wondered what happened to them.  It also may explain some of my craziness 😨

You were on them before me. I was living in Peoria Illinois in 1972

5 hours ago, block said:

So what color stars did you see?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Never went to school at that school but monkey bars were not painted when they were originally put in. I still remember the odd smell of the metal on my hands and that was considerably  before the '70s and was true of any monkey bars I ever saw as a kid.   I suspect that the silver/gray was the metal itself and they were only painted later  when they spruced up the playground. I'm betting Gator's first thought was correct.  

13 hours ago, Gator11 said:

LOL this is not my first rodeo Petee.   Just funnin' with ya Petee.

We already tried that but with years of wear and tear most of the pain is blended together and you cant tell the colors except for the last couple of paint jobs.

As was stated elsewhere, maybe they weren't painted in the beginning so when you got down to bare metal, that was it!  :huh:  Your first intuition was probably right, silver or gray, the color of metal.

Albert Einstein

On 8/11/2018 at 2:56 PM, block said:

In 1972, you didn't have a concussion...it was called "getting your bell rung." ;)

On 8/12/2018 at 1:22 AM, lavender said:

Never went to school at that school but monkey bars were not painted when they were originally put in. I still remember the odd smell of the metal on my hands and that was considerably  before the '70s and was true of any monkey bars I ever saw as a kid.   I suspect that the silver/gray was the metal itself and they were only painted later  when they spruced up the playground. I'm betting Gator's first thought was correct.  

That is what I said also. I told him I did not think they were painted. He is going to paint it Bridgeport grey