What is "MY LOCAL MENUS" All About?? >> CLICK HERE

GoDuBois.com
Dobby

Mold outbreak at DuBois Area High School

School closed down today because of mold epidemic. Many students suffering from increased temp & upper respiratory s/s. This information is only on DAHS website & hasn't been in the news yet.

JUST AN FYI FOR ALL AREA RESDENTS

Dobby

Why do all area residents need to know. The only ones who really need to know are the ones who work there or have kids who go there and all parents received the auto call from the school today and we also had an auto call regarding the air quality before today.  2 news stations have had it online but there isn't much to say. They closed the school till the problem is fixed. 

1 hour ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Why do all area residents need to know. The only ones who really need to know are the ones who work there or have kids who go there and all parents received the auto call from the school today and we also had an auto call regarding the air quality before today.  2 news stations have had it online but there isn't much to say. They closed the school till the problem is fixed. 

Because the school is the property of everyone who pays property taxes, not just those who have kids there.  It's also a good reminder to check your own home for black mold in damp corners, basements or attics.  Once you find it, clean it with bleach, toss baking soda on that area and keep a ceiling fan running in that area.  Keep furniture away from the walls and check the bottom of closets where clothes might be piling up.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

I am aware that the school is property of the tax payers but I dont know what people expect as far as it being reported. I already saw it in the courier online earlier today and it has been on at least 2 news stations that I have seen plus various radio stations this morning and throughout the day. What more do people want?? CNN breaking news? The school is dealing with it.

A while back, there was a school on the eastern side of Pennsylvania that was having mold issues also. The reason I know this is from reading it on the Courier website.

I would think that kids from other districts should be told .. basketball, volleyball, & whatever reason the kids needed to be in there.

You can't always run a fan in certain parts of the building! I know for a fact there were other places that got wet and not just damp either the stuff that was in this closet was soaked! Luckily the parents were able to get the stuff dried