VOTE FOR PROVEN CONSERVATIVE LEADERS ON NOV. 6TH!

GoDuBois.com
fedup

HURRY CANE IS A COMIN'

15 minutes ago, fedup said:

Can't tan the azz. Neighbors would start calling me Brett.

The chickens are safe. I like mine deep-fried covered with my perfect hot sauce.

They just called for mandatory evacuation, starting at 6am tomorrow.  Damn puff won't get here til Wednesday.

Everything shut down including watering holes.

That just ain't right.

McMaster started a mandatory evacuation from the SC coast on a Monday, the storm came through on Sat-Sun. 

3 minutes ago, Bon said:

So whatcha gonna do now?!?!

Gonna have a few more beers listening to the hysterical people. Go home, watch TV then go to sleep. Wake up in the morning and watch TV. Keep tabs on the wind. (They shut down the big bridge at 45mph winds, I think). Get over the bridge to my work place and watch Mother Nature do her thing as I get paid to baby sit the club.

I am looking forward to the experience. 

But then again, everyone listens to the weather channel's, hype for dollars.

I bet this won't be any worse than the local thunderstorms we have all the time.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

3 minutes ago, LFG said:

McMaster started a mandatory evacuation from the SC coast on a Monday, the storm came through on Sat-Sun. 

And that's the problem. Hype and drama sells.

1 minute ago, fedup said:

Gonna have a few more beers listening to the hysterical people. Go home, watch TV then go to sleep. Wake up in the morning and watch TV. Keep tabs on the wind. (They shut down the big bridge at 45mph winds, I think). Get over the bridge to my work place and watch Mother Nature do her thing as I get paid to baby sit the club.

I am looking forward to the experience. 

But then again, everyone listens to the weather channel's, hype for dollars.

I bet this won't be any worse than the local thunderstorms we have all the time.

They're saying there's a chance the warm Gulf waters could turn it into a Cat 3. That's kind of the breaking point for me. I saw the view from your office, a 12 foot storm surge could be a little soggy at high tide. It ain't the wind, it's the water

1 minute ago, LFG said:

They're saying there's a chance the warm Gulf waters could turn it into a Cat 3. That's kind of the breaking point for me. I saw the view from your office, a 12 foot storm surge could be a little soggy at high tide. It ain't the wind, it's the water

My building that I am responsible for was built in 1903. The new addition was built in 1972. I will spend my time in the 1903 side.

It all is protected from the Gulf because it is in a cove. Story has it, pirates used to put in to this cove during bad weather.

The last Hurrycane sucked the water out of the cove. The floating dock sat on the bottom, along with a few boats.  It all depends on which side of the hurry cane we are on. The boat owners were told to get their boats on land this time.

1 hour ago, fedup said:

Can't tan the azz. Neighbors would start calling me Brett.

The chickens are safe. I like mine deep-fried covered with my perfect hot sauce.

They just called for mandatory evacuation, starting at 6am tomorrow.  Damn puff won't get here til Wednesday.

Everything shut down including watering holes.

That just ain't right.

Several years ago, the island we vacation on, had a mandatory evacuation.  We went a few miles on the mainland to hole up and drink.  Worked out great!

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

42 minutes ago, fedup said:

My building that I am responsible for was built in 1903. The new addition was built in 1972. I will spend my time in the 1903 side.

It all is protected from the Gulf because it is in a cove. Story has it, pirates used to put in to this cove during bad weather.

The last Hurrycane sucked the water out of the cove. The floating dock sat on the bottom, along with a few boats.  It all depends on which side of the hurry cane we are on. The boat owners were told to get their boats on land this time.

Get the water sucked out of the cove, and you might find all kinds of treasures!

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

52 minutes ago, LFG said:

Yep, I swear the news channels were hoping for another Houston

YEP, If your bored start writing down their predicted numbers and when they make the prediction.

Then when the storm is over, compare the actual to the hype.

You will be amazed.

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Get the water sucked out of the cove, and you might find all kinds of treasures!

I was looking but I think it's been picked over pretty bad.

40 minutes ago, LFG said:

Strengthening Cat 4, hope you got out, Fed

Looking across the Bay waiting for it.

2 hours ago, LFG said:

I always pictured Fed older, with shorter hair. Who knew?

DependableLegitimateJaguarundi-size_rest

I picture him somewhat resembling a nekkid turkey buzzard.

28 minutes ago, pooltime said:

Fedup---Let us know if you are okay?????????????

To all here, don't take some of our ribbing Fed the wrong way.  We're all as concerned for him as most are.  Plus many of us have friends in the path of the storm.

Fed, I hope you are safe and sound hunkered down with a cold six pack. As soon as you are able, please let us know how you are, prayers sent!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

16 hours ago, Ignatius said:

To all here, don't take some of our ribbing Fed the wrong way.  We're all as concerned for him as most are.  Plus many of us have friends in the path of the storm.

I would say that fed would prefer the ribbing to an emotional outpouring of concern.  I do hope the grumpy old man is OK, that was a strong storm where he was 

20 hours ago, YourBoy said:

Early pictures of damage seem very bad. This wasn't hype. This was the real deal. 

They didn't have 10 days to predict doom and gloom as the storm traveled across the Atlantic. This is why Fed and I raise hell about the over the top hurricane reporting. It makes people complacent. I joked with Fed on Monday about not spilling his beer.

Michael developed out of nowhere last weekend, accelerated all the way across the gulf in just 5 days, and slammed into FL as an intensifying Cat 4. Far, far worse than Florence. GA doesn't get hit from the south by a Cat 3, too much land to cover, that just doesn't happen. Until yesterday. Even in my area, the effects from this storm are twice as bad as what we got from Florence, yet the pre storm predictions were nowhere near as bad until the day before landfall. If they would just give the facts without all the drama, people would be much safer

These storms acted in opposite manners. Florence was strengthening for a long time then weakened while the eye say right of shore before making landfall and moved very slowly which localized wind damage but was bad for flooding.  Michael was still strengthening as it made landfall and flew onto land hitting wide swaths with hurricane force winds.  It's hard to predict either of those things with much accuracy.  If you really watch the weather they had been keeping an eye on this disturbance in the Gulf for two weeks. It blew up into a monster relatively quickly but had been a known entity for longer.  Thing is if a hurricane is coming your way, the safest thing is to leave.  If you stay you run the risk of it being worse than predicted while hoping it isn't.  The Catch 22 is, if they don't predict it is going to be strong, people don't evacuate. Then  if it ends up being worse than predicted and a bunch of people die, who do you think gets blamed? If they over predict, they get blamed for being dramatic.  Hard for them to win either way.