DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
Cacao

DuBois Sears Closing

1 hour ago, jaman said:

I guess Im back to my seasonal trips to Grove City. 2 or 3 times a year.

Outlets are following malls.  Needed a tie for a wedding in Philadelphia last weekend.  Stopped in Lancaster at the Tanger outlets and Rockvale outlets.  Many empty spaces.  Was in Grove City sometime last year and I noticed the same.

36 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Outlets are following malls.  Needed a tie for a wedding in Philadelphia last weekend.  Stopped in Lancaster at the Tanger outlets and Rockvale outlets.  Many empty spaces.  Was in Grove City sometime last year and I noticed the same.

Depends upon the owner/manager's financial stability.  For example, look at the difference between management of properties by Zamias and properties managed by Simon.

Don't for a minute think that online is always cheaper, particularly Amazon.  Online is convenient, but unless you do a lot of repeat ordering of the same goods, I bet that you have more disappointment in goods bought online, than goods purchased in person.

Everything is life goes in cycles, from birth to death.  I'm sure in the mid to late 70's, there was much crowing locally about the death of the downtown business district.  Well, we are seeing the death of malls, succeeded in part by "big box stores" (Lowes, Walmart), outlet centers, small strip centers and, of course, online.  If anyone has a crystal ball, maybe that person can supply the rest of us with insight as to the next big thing.

Anyhow, some food for thought:  do a bit of reading on autonomous and/or shared vehicle predictions for the next decade.  We just may see a resurgence in small town life. 

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

Sears Store In St. Marys To Remain Open

October 18, 2018

The following was posted on Social Media regarding the Sears Hometown Store in St. Marys.

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS ....... be rest assured the recent announcements of the Sears Holdings bankruptcy does NOT include us! We are a separately traded, separately managed company and honestly we have been planning and securing our own future for sometime as SHC’s bankruptcy seemed inevitable.

Ben, the owner of Sears Hometown Store of St. Mary's is calling on our friends, family, and local community members to share this post in order to help us spread the word —- WE ARE SEPARATE AND WE ARE HERE TO STAY! The only impact this will have on us is the bad press and opinions of those who don’t understand that we are independent. The faster we can get the word out the better off we will all be.

If you hear of anyone needing appliances, lawn & garden, or anything else we sell, please feel completely comfortable referring them to us! We appreciate all of your support and love and look forward to serving our community for many, many years to come!

Thank you for your time and understanding and as always... Shop local

On 10/18/2018 at 4:34 PM, Bon said:

Sears Store In St. Marys To Remain Open

October 18, 2018

The following was posted on Social Media regarding the Sears Hometown Store in St. Marys.

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS ....... be rest assured the recent announcements of the Sears Holdings bankruptcy does NOT include us! We are a separately traded, separately managed company and honestly we have been planning and securing our own future for sometime as SHC’s bankruptcy seemed inevitable.

Ben, the owner of Sears Hometown Store of St. Mary's is calling on our friends, family, and local community members to share this post in order to help us spread the word —- WE ARE SEPARATE AND WE ARE HERE TO STAY! The only impact this will have on us is the bad press and opinions of those who don’t understand that we are independent. The faster we can get the word out the better off we will all be.

If you hear of anyone needing appliances, lawn & garden, or anything else we sell, please feel completely comfortable referring them to us! We appreciate all of your support and love and look forward to serving our community for many, many years to come!

Thank you for your time and understanding and as always... Shop local

I wonder if I can call them in about 11 months to come check out our new kitchen appliances under the extended warranty I purchased at the DuBois mall Sears?

11 hours ago, gopsu said:

I wonder if I can call them in about 11 months to come check out our new kitchen appliances under the extended warranty I purchased at the DuBois mall Sears?

Probably not, as Kenmore is organized as a Sears Holding Company wholly owned LLC.  

But, You may want to look at who owns the "extended guarantee", as many times these are held by independent companies.  For example, a company, by the name of Assurion, provides warranties for iPhones.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

On 10/16/2018 at 1:19 PM, Ignatius said:

Depends upon the owner/manager's financial stability.  For example, look at the difference between management of properties by Zamias and properties managed by Simon.

Don't for a minute think that online is always cheaper, particularly Amazon.  Online is convenient, but unless you do a lot of repeat ordering of the same goods, I bet that you have more disappointment in goods bought online, than goods purchased in person.

Everything is life goes in cycles, from birth to death.  I'm sure in the mid to late 70's, there was much crowing locally about the death of the downtown business district.  Well, we are seeing the death of malls, succeeded in part by "big box stores" (Lowes, Walmart), outlet centers, small strip centers and, of course, online.  If anyone has a crystal ball, maybe that person can supply the rest of us with insight as to the next big thing.

Anyhow, some food for thought:  do a bit of reading on autonomous and/or shared vehicle predictions for the next decade.  We just may see a resurgence in small town life. 

Nice catch Back Road Runner, I was thinking about that as I was catching up on this thread. 

Everybody is happy with the new fangled net shopping. No effort, just buy.  Yep, it cheaper right now, but get ready when they corner the market.

YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE THEY OFFER.

No alternative, just pay up.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

6 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Probably not, as Kenmore is organized as a Sears Holding Company wholly owned LLC.  

But, You may want to look at who owns the "extended guarantee", as many times these are held by independent companies.  For example, a company, by the name of Assurion, provides warranties for iPhones.

A Kenmore from Sears is what ended my shopping at Sears. It took them a month to just about rebuild my washer in my house instead of replacing it. Long long story filled with raging stupidity.

O, by the way, I fixed the damn thing myself because I was tired of the service man wondering through my house week after week. He didn't bring the parts. UPS set them on my porch, then I had to call the service man to come and install them.

PURE STUPID, from start to finish.

2 minutes ago, fedup said:

A Kenmore from Sears is what ended my shopping at Sears. It took them a month to just about rebuild my washer in my house instead of replacing it. Long long story filled with raging stupidity.

O, by the way, I fixed the damn thing myself because I was tired of the service man wondering through my house week after week. He didn't bring the parts. UPS set them on my porch, then I had to call the service man to come and install them.

PURE STUPID, from start to finish.

One of the positives of the global economy, is many products are assembled in low cost labor locales, using assemblies and modular components.  If one is a bit handy at trouble shooting where or what the issue is, much can be fixed by the homeowner.

Alas, we have had several decades of "working with your hands" makes you a lesser person.  It is very heartening to see the return of trades as viable careers, with above middle class wage earning potential.  Unfortunately, this nation still needs to bring its drug crisis under control.

48 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

One of the positives of the global economy, is many products are assembled in low cost labor locales, using assemblies and modular components.  If one is a bit handy at trouble shooting where or what the issue is, much can be fixed by the homeowner.

Alas, we have had several decades of "working with your hands" makes you a lesser person.  It is very heartening to see the return of trades as viable careers, with above middle class wage earning potential.  Unfortunately, this nation still needs to bring its drug crisis under control.

You used to be able to walk into a auto parts store and buy the part you needed because it was sitting on a shelf AT THAT store. Now you get to hear, NOON TOMORROW.

Buying parts from the net is like trying to find the outhouse, out back, at 3am on a cloudy night. Then they send you the wrong hole you were looking for.

My, oldself, finds this new process very frustrating.

37 minutes ago, fedup said:

You used to be able to walk into a auto parts store and buy the part you needed because it was sitting on a shelf AT THAT store. Now you get to hear, NOON TOMORROW.

Buying parts from the net is like trying to find the outhouse, out back, at 3am on a cloudy night. Then they send you the wrong hole you were looking for.

My, oldself, finds this new process very frustrating.

Just have to know the right place to look!  Try "eReplacement Parts".   They have exploded drawings, listing part numbers.

2 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Just have to know the right place to look!  Try "eReplacement Parts".   They have exploded drawings, listing part numbers.

Hell man, by the time this old fart figures out the new wave of things I'll be dead.

12 minutes ago, fedup said:

Hell man, by the time this old fart figures out the new wave of things I'll be dead.

Guess you might be right.  A man lives where he has everything he needs, yet he still decides to move to Florida.  Had to be the pursuit of female bussards or something akin to that

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Guess you might be right.  A man lives where he has everything he needs, yet he still decides to move to Florida.  Had to be the pursuit of female bussards or something akin to that

Still searching for the female bussard that ain't on dope.

All is lost.

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I had just about all I needed except a job that paid enough to sustain what I had. Plus I had a azzhole move in next to me that could care less about his existing neighbors.

He ruined it all.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:33 PM, Paradox90100 said:

Perfect location to put in a Best Buy!

YES!! Best Buy would be a great asset to our community. Perhaps even the old K-Mart building would suffice.

23 minutes ago, Audrey said:

YES!! Best Buy would be a great asset to our community. Perhaps even the old K-Mart building would suffice.

Best Buy just recently opened it`s first new store in seven years. It might be awhile till they get to DuBois.

New Utah Best Buy is company's first U.S. store in 7 years

FARMINGTON — How are they still around?

While the world has witnessed the steady decline and demise of big-box electronics stores since their heyday in the '80s and '90s, Best Buy has continued to navigate a successful path forward in the face of aggressive competition from online retailers.

And now the 52-year-old Minneapolis-based business is doing something else entirely unexpected — opening a brand-new store in Farmington.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900037716/new-utah-best-buy-is-companys-first-us-store-in-7-years.html

3 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Hey...I moved to Florida but the only buzzards I've seen are the ones circling soon-to-be dead folks of a varying kind.

1) "Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

2)  Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

14 minutes ago, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

Speaking of Kmart. There is a new roof going On to it. Something may be happening there yet

Your dream has come true!!!  Olive Garden.

1) "Take off is optional....landing is mandatory"

2)  Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

9 hours ago, Basset3 said:

Your dream has come true!!!  Olive Garden.

Heard it is a "Super Olive Garden".  Heard it has many dining stations throughout, featuring more foods than Italian, and throughout the day, the maitre-d goes around with a pole, with a flashing blue light, to signify the hourly "blue plate special".

On 10/20/2018 at 3:54 PM, fedup said:

Still searching for the female bussard that ain't on dope.

All is lost.

Lost, or not, is certainly questionable.  I'm not even looking and see nothing in my future that would change that, but the female buzzards whom I see in my travels who aren't on dope still come with lots of other baggage.  Being completely candid, I am certain that works the other way too.   I think it was Johnny Lee who had a song out years ago about "Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places" .  Rings true today as it did then, but I'm not sure there are any right places.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:14 PM, JimmyPete said:

I also think website's are going to go slowly down.    I can buy most of my name brand stuff from Amazon without going to each manufacturers website.

This is my online shopping priorities.

Amazon

Target

Lowe's  and home Depot.

Select hardware items from Ace (going to store)

Walmart online.

Any others special items I'll travel before I look online if not on Amazon. 

And others.  

Most of my buying is by price then service. 

I just bought a pump for my dishwasher off Amazon.  I was $35 dollars cheaper than buying from the Frigidaire website plus free shipping.  So for $85 and a great brother in law I have my dishwasher that otherwise would have cost more to fix than replace through Lowes.