DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Guest Lumberjack

DuBois Streets

Recommended Posts

Guest Lumberjack

With all the money that the City has spent on ballfields, when are they going to fix the streets and roads that are horrible. Unfilled potholes, terrible patch jobs on water leak repairs on City AND State roads. Are we to be expected to pay twice for repairs on State roads if they are made at all, or just let us bounce along and pay for needless repairs to our vehicles??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can only do so much at a time. Could u imagine if they started working on all the bad roads at once. All hell would break loose.  People would be complaining even more. Just be happy they are trying to fix it. I think the are doing the best they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The South has much better roads but you think the northern states by now would have a much better plan in place for fixing roads since they take a beating in the winter.  I know it would be higher taxes in the courupt state but. If we all want better roads all of us would have to grin and bear it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a segment on the news (WTAE) last night about a team from Carnegie Mellon who created an app that municipalities can purchase that will detect potholes BEFORE they occur.  It was very interesting!  Name of the app was "Roadopoly" or something.  North Hundington Twp was the first in PA to use it.  I has helped them plan and organize road projects.  Most importantly, it's helping them save money by attacking areas before they become problems.  Something DuBois should look into.

https://medium.com/@percepsense/intelligent-pothole-detection-879ef635dd38

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cacao said:

Saw a segment on the news (WTAE) last night about a team from Carnegie Mellon who created an app that municipalities can purchase that will detect potholes BEFORE they occur.  It was very interesting!  Name of the app was "Roadopoly" or something.  North Hundington Twp was the first in PA to use it.  I has helped them plan and organize road projects.  Most importantly, it's helping them save money by attacking areas before they become problems.  Something DuBois should look into.

https://medium.com/@percepsense/intelligent-pothole-detection-879ef635dd38

 

DuBois would love the app. They do like anything with opoly in it.  This town is one big monopoly. I know people will say its contracts but if u look into it its really a monopoly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question? So making side walks that lead to the hospital will show travelers that DuBois PA is a thriving city? Is this the only route travelers use whenever they come into DuBois?

Thanks, I am seriously missing something here.


Dobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.) Fields were paid with grant money given to the City of DuBois. They are told what to do/what this money can go to and it was not to fix the streets.

2.) It seems as though Main Street and the surrounding areas is getting newly paved streets, they can't pave every street at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main point is they are making repairs and fixing sidewalks, roads, etc... They have to start somewhere, don't they? Honestly, they could repave every road in DuBois and the same people would still have something negative to say or cry about. The problem with society today is they focus on the negatives instead of the positives. It truly is sad!!! What has Sandy TWP done lately to improve their municipality and the surrounding DuBois area? Just saying . . . Hopefully the moderator doesn't flag me for being too negative; I was already warned previously, so I have to correct my attitude! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jt85 said:

They can only do so much at a time. Could u imagine if they started working on all the bad roads at once. All hell would break loose.  People would be complaining even more. Just be happy they are trying to fix it. I think the are doing the best they can.

Well put

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how much the government does, it will never be enough for a lot of complainers.  Citizens envision their relatively small amount in taxes to be a fortune for the government to waste.  Nothing that is done is ever enough.  Wake up and look at your surroundings.  The city has grown immensely in the last 30 years, but since it isn't State College or Peach Tree City, then it will never be enough.  Problems are part of life that no one wants, but it's reality that nothing will ever be perfect!

 


"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Petee said:

No matter how much the government does, it will never be enough for a lot of complainers.  Citizens envision their relatively small amount in taxes to be a fortune for the government to waste.  Nothing that is done is ever enough.  Wake up and look at your surroundings.  The city has grown immensely in the last 30 years, but since it isn't State College or Peach Tree City, then it will never be enough.  Problems are part of life that no one wants, but it's reality that nothing will ever be perfect!

 

My local taxes are hardly a small amount, and the city can and should do an awful lot better.


The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

My local taxes are hardly a small amount, and the city can and should do an awful lot better.

It is good to constantly challenge our government.  If we don't-----trouble....

I wish more people would respect the media's role in this endeavor.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Population inside of the city means very little with the combined populations that pass through and use it every day.

I never mind paying taxes to live in the society that I do.  I'm safe, I'm free, and that means a lot!  Anyone who feels that their tax money is being wasted needs to attend meetings and pay attention to the budget and reports.  Challenge and monitor, but don't just bark up the tree because you're hoping there's a raccoon up there.

Don't yell about how the wagon rolls if you're not willing to push or steer.

 


"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

It is good to constantly challenge our government.  If we don't-----trouble....

I wish more people would respect the media's role in this endeavor.....

Agreed, and the burden is on the people to understand the difference between news and opinion.

Very few here know much about who is who and less about what opinion they have voiced to governing entities.


The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Agreed, and the burden is on the people to understand the difference between news and opinion.

Very few here know much about who is who and less about what opinion they have voiced to governing entities.

Nail, meet hammer.  Well said.  Even those who know who a poster may be they still rarely know when or how they might interact with those government agencies of persons.

When it comes to news vs opinion it surprises me when I ask some of my friends, or acquaintances if they read something from the op-ed page of our local paper?  Most will say, "I never read that stuff".  Sometimes we just have to look at the other side of things and we might see an issue in a much different way.   This is getting too deep for me this morning, I'm gonna go cut a bagel and drink coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should redo the sidewalks on both sides from the new CVS to the harley shop/ diner


To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

 

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for info on this. I'm not bitching. It looks awesome. I some how thought it was to show travelers what DuBois has to offer...a hospital. Not sure why I thought that was the reason.


Dobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about money. Do you want a cheap quick fix?

Or are you willing to pay for the long term fix?

Your government will hand you the cheap fix and kick the can down the road to the next group of Polly's.

Doing things correctly costs money.

No Polly wants that baggage.

Their re-election depends on the cheap fix.


       THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

       MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

                                      ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the government interacting with the people, I am seeing a blank check written because of a Hurry Cane.

It's down right scary.


       THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

       MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

                                      ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fedup said:

Speaking of the government interacting with the people, I am seeing a blank check written because of a Hurry Cane.

It's down right scary.

You best hurry that skinny-azzed, nekkid bussard butt of yurs to head of the line:  yer a double-whammy:  double displaced, from PA and FL!  Yer likely to get some very special, tender treatment.


The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borninabarn said:

Can anyone explain to me why... we pay 1% of our wages to the city of DuBois when we do not live in the city and we don't work in the city... why doesn't our Township get the 1% 

Hey I even pay to another because my office is located there. When I asked why I was to Because that is why

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borninabarn said:

Can anyone explain to me why... we pay 1% of our wages to the city of DuBois when we do not live in the city and we don't work in the city... why doesn't our Township get the 1% 

How do you know that DuBois gets it?  Let the tax collector know if it is wrong.

 

http://munstats.pa.gov/Public/FindMunicipality.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×