DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
mr.d

DuBois City Park Vandalized, Closing For Winter

Dubois City Park vandalized; some facilities closed for winter

by Travis Gary

Thursday, October 25th 2018

Dubois City Park was vandalized, causing some of its facilities to be closed, according to police. (WJAC)

DUBOIS, Pa. (WJAC) — Dubois City Park was vandalized, causing some of its facilities to be closed, according to police.

Officials said the vandals damaged hand dryers and toilet paper holders and set small pieces of toilet paper on fire.

Although the City Council was considering leaving the pavilions and restrooms near the pool open for the winter, they have now decided to close those facilities.

City Manager Herm Suplizio said it’s a shame the city had to take these measures.

“We know it’s not everyone and it’s just one of these problems. You know, just because of a couple people, it’s ruining it for everyone,” Suplizio said. “So we’re at the point now, if you see something, you got to say something."

Officials are asking anyone with information to call Dubois police.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               SEE VIDEO REPORT ;        https://wjactv.com/news/local/dubois-city-park-vandalized-some-facilities-closed-for-winter                                                        

Attending April baseball games, those bathrooms were a finger & toe saver!  They were heated and I'd go in there to warm up.

The pavilions needed to "close" a long time ago.  I believe they should be taken out of the park or moved to an area that is not as secluded.  Only people I see using them are local zombies who are up to no good.  Check out the bathrooms next to the pavilions...it's a year round haunted house.  

Just close the whole park down. Saves money and their precious fields will last forever.  Why have the bathrooms and all open for the winter. I dont think many people go to the park in the winter. Seems like wasted money to me. And for the people that are destroying they will catch you. You think u can hide and no one will find out but they always do so just turn yourself in and be done with it. I bet the kid or kids wouldnt like their game system smashed or their precious bike or skateboard. Some kids and their parents need a good old time butt kicking. 

The park is a beautiful place to walk if you are a person who does not want to use the walkway because of dogs and dog owners who do not clean up after their dogs. 

And it’s a nice place for families to take children to enjoy the playground areas. It’s an asset for the city and it’s too bad vandals have to ruin it for others who appreciate it. 

44 minutes ago, Cacao said:

That's probably the dumbest thing ive seen in a long time. South park is even more dumb then the people that run our "city". And why the hell would I be jealous of a park and field I don't ever go to? I could care less about what they do to this town because none of it actually brings money into our town. You want people to come and live in this town then start bringing real jobs in.  So jealous no. Irratated because this town waste so much money yes.

4 hours ago, jt85 said:

Just close the whole park down. Saves money and their precious fields will last forever.  Why have the bathrooms and all open for the winter. I dont think many people go to the park in the winter. Seems like wasted money to me. And for the people that are destroying they will catch you. You think u can hide and no one will find out but they always do so just turn yourself in and be done with it. I bet the kid or kids wouldnt like their game system smashed or their precious bike or skateboard. Some kids and their parents need a good old time butt kicking. 

It isn't always kids who are the issue. A lot of crapy adults are vandals too.

Let me see...

Install a weather-proof, vandal-proof video camera, the appropriate power and monitoring lines, the hardware and software to retain the video for at least 5 days (holidays, etc., don't forget...) and if it is proposed I can hear the same folks screaming about their taxes...

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

6 hours ago, Cacao said:

Attending April baseball games, those bathrooms were a finger & toe saver!  They were heated and I'd go in there to warm up.

The pavilions needed to "close" a long time ago.  I believe they should be taken out of the park or moved to an area that is not as secluded.  Only people I see using them are local zombies who are up to no good.  Check out the bathrooms next to the pavilions...it's a year round haunted house.  

I would go a step further and rid the park of the skateboard area, if it hasn't been removed already.  I don't go near there much, but when I do, I see the same zombies.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

28 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

It isn't always kids who are the issue. A lot of crapy adults are vandals too.

A lot of adults that are acting like they're kids!

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

2 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I would go a step further and rid the park of the skateboard area, if it hasn't been removed already.  I don't go near there much, but when I do, I see the same zombies.

Zombie overflow from the pavilion.  Seriously, I haven't seen too many zombies hanging out the skate park.  I like the skate park and would like them to expand it (says a guy who grew up skateboarding).  I've seen a lot of younger (8-12 year olds) kids on it and was nice to see.

42 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

A lot of adults that are acting like they're kids!

There you go, talking about me again.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

42 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Well Fed, a few weeks ago, you, self admittedly, failed to get out of the rain!

TA-DAH

Didn't fail, it was a decision.

6 minutes ago, fedup said:

TA-DAH

Didn't fail, it was a decision.

Can't skip through life thinking there's an Abba-Dabba-Doobie hiding behind every tree, waiting to lop off your head!

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Can't skip through life thinking there's an Abba-Dabba-Doobie hiding behind every tree, waiting to lop off your head!

2 thoughts.

Grab the bull by the tail and face the situation.

Grab what your facing and growl.

1 hour ago, fedup said:

2 thoughts.

Grab the bull by the tail and face the situation.

Grab what your facing and growl.

Tried grabbing a rattler once by the tail.  Damn near tagged me!

23 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Tried grabbing a rattler once by the tail.  Damn near tagged me!

But it took you out of every day life, didn't?

Made you think about normal and how complacent you have become.

We all need a dose of humility from time to time.

48 minutes ago, fedup said:

But it took you out of every day life, didn't?

Made you think about normal and how complacent you have become.

We all need a dose of humility from time to time.

Not at all!  Made me realize that if I'm going to grab a rattler, my senses need to be sharper than his (and alcohol free!).