DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Ohio Radio Station Stops Playing Holiday Song Because Of Lyrics

1 hour ago, LFG said:

I still call it Christmas. It makes me sick to see the left trying to attack Christians at every opportunity, and Christmas is full of opportunity. I refuse to say Happy Holidays, I say Merry Christmas. I don't have the faith that I grew up with, but I still don't want to see Christ taken out of Christmas..

I do, however, still enjoy celebrating the spirit of the holiday. The tone of your post makes it sound as though you believe only Christians should be allowed to celebrate Christmas. Kinda selfish, don'tcha think? 

No, sorry it wasn't meant to be at all selfish. I just really hate to see the true meaning of Christmas go by the wayside.   It is like all the bunnies and eggs at Easter.  It seems so many want to remove Christ from our lives.   Each one is free to celebrate whatever they wish in any way they wish. That is what it is to live in a free country.  I do not try to take away others beliefs and would hope others would not try to take Christ away from His believers.   Do you understand what I am trying to say? Maybe I am not explaining my feelings very well.  

Jesus came to teach and demonstrate peace and sacrifice for others.  Regardless of what the world has named the process, it's good for every single one of us, no matter what your religion.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Jay said:

No, sorry it wasn't meant to be at all selfish. I just really hate to see the true meaning of Christmas go by the wayside.   It is like all the bunnies and eggs at Easter.  It seems so many want to remove Christ from our lives.   Each one is free to celebrate whatever they wish in any way they wish. That is what it is to live in a free country.  I do not try to take away others beliefs and would hope others would not try to take Christ away from His believers.   Do you understand what I am trying to say? Maybe I am not explaining my feelings very well.  

You are, and what I want you to understand is not all non-believers want to take Christ out of Christmas. Most of my holiday time is spent with Christians, LFGal is a Christian, and even though I don't believe any more, I never want to push my beliefs on someone else. I think true belief and true faith are beautiful things, I just have personal reasons for believing what I do now. 

I love Christmas. The time with family, the memories it stirs from when I was a child and the world was all unicorns and rainbows, the smell of a live tree in the house, all of that gives me a solid 3-4 weeks of a peace that only Christmas can bring. You don't have to be a believer to enjoy the season

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I know exactly what you mean. I cannot see why anyone would be offended by a nativity scene, a Buddha, a menorah or any religious symbol that someone holds in true reverence. I am more offended by people using them outside their religious context. Keep Christ in Christmas or celebrate it as a season of peace and goodwill. Just don't try to make everyone do it your way. When someone says Merry Christmas they aren't insisting that you believe in Christ. They are wishing you the joy of THEIR season and offering to share.  Take it as it was meant. By the way that is the universal "you" after the first one. Don't take it personally. 

On 12/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, Lyndsey33 said:

I just read how people are now wanting the saying bring home the bacon banned. How can u ban a saying.

No way bacon will be banned here.  Specially when camping, bacon is a main staple for breakfast.

PETA asks people to stop using 'anti-animal speech'

by MCKENZIE STAUFFER, KUTV

Wednesday, December 5th 2018

0b83c24e-af65-4243-a1d1-ef7a31f7e57c-lar

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) held a demonstration against fur during Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. Sept. 11, 2012. Credit: WENN

(KUTV) — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) caused quite a stir on social media after asking the world to stop using anti-animal language.

The organization urged people to stop using common phrases like:

• Kill two birds with one stone
  • Be the guinea pig
  • Beat a dead horse
  • Bring home the bacon
  • Take the bull by the horns

Instead, the animal advocacy organization wants people to start using phrases that eliminate speciesism, like:

• Feed two birds with one scone
  • Be the test tube
  • Feed a fed horse
  • Bring home the bagels
  • Take the flower by the thorns

While some animal advocates were happy with the request, others were not as impressed.

After receiving major backlash for the request, PETA tweeted the following:

"To the haters: with so much negativity in the world, why not lighten up and use language in a way that encourages being kind to animals? To everyone else: add your own anit-speciesist phrases below! Curiosity thrilled the cat (not killed). Eat snow (not crow)."                                                                                                                        SEE TWEETS ;   https://wjactv.com/news/offbeat/peta-asks-people-to-stop-using-anti-animal-speech-found-in-common-phrases

26 minutes ago, mr.d said:

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) held a demonstration against fur during Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. Sept. 11, 2012. Credit: WENN

(KUTV) — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) caused quite a stir on social media after asking the world to stop using anti-animal language.

• Be the guinea pig
  • Beat a dead horse
  • Bring home the bacon

Instead, the animal advocacy organization wants people to start using phrases that eliminate speciesism, like:

• Be the test tube
  • Feed a fed horse
  • Bring home the bagels

While some animal advocates were happy with the request, others were not as impressed.

"To the haters: with so much negativity in the world, why not lighten up and use language in a way that encourages being kind to animals? To everyone else: add your own anit-speciesist phrases below! Curiosity thrilled the cat (not killed). Eat snow (not crow)."                                                                                                                        SEE TWEETS ;   https://wjactv.com/news/offbeat/peta-asks-people-to-stop-using-anti-animal-speech-found-in-common-phrases

I would, however, like to take the PET out of PETA :arghh:

1 hour ago, mr.d said:

• Be the guinea pig
  • Beat a dead horse
  • Bring home the bacon

• Be the test tube
  • Feed a fed horse
  • Bring home the bagels

I just got done reading this on Facebook..ugh 

Bringing home the bacon just got easier with vending machine at Ohio State

by Falycia Campbell

c002bb81-c683-4078-80e8-7e6512215dec-lar

(Ohio Pork Council)

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Come get your bacon, hot out of the vending machine!

The Ohio Pork Council announced they are launching their own Bacon Vending Machine. Yeah you read that right, a Bacon Vending Machine. The vending machine is located in the Animal Science Building at the Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, and will be available for students until December 13th. Inside you'll find bacon strips and bacon bits.

The bacon was donated by Hormel, Sugardale, and Smithfield, and all the money made from the machine will go towards the meat science program.

“The Bacon Vending Machine is a unique and fun way for the Ohio Pork Council to support Ohio State students and promote the pork industry at the same time,” said President-Elect Dave Shoup, Ohio Pork Council.

So how much will it set you back? A dollar per bacon item.

So if you're a parent concerned with your child cramming during finals week and not eating, no worries, now they can fill up on bacon.                                                                                                                                                                            https://wjactv.com/news/offbeat/bringing-home-the-bacon-just-got-easier-for-students-at-ohio-state

On December 4, 2018 at 8:03 PM, Lyndsey33 said:

And now The Veggie Tales are racist too. Seriously people!!! My friend shared that today from a news report and I about spit out my coffee.

I finally took the time to read the article about the Veggie Tales racist claim. It turns out it was just one student's project for a college assignment. It wasn't even a paper, just a short little poster. I once had a college English class and got advice from a person who had just taken it. She said, "Relate every poem study to sex or death and you will get an A!" She was right. We're those my true feelings about the meaning of the poem? Nope! Sometimes a poem is just a poem. Lol

6 hours ago, Sanibel said:

I finally took the time to read the article about the Veggie Tales racist claim. It turns out it was just one student's project for a college assignment. It wasn't even a paper, just a short little poster. I once had a college English class and got advice from a person who had just taken it. She said, "Relate every poem study to sex or death and you will get an A!" She was right. We're those my true feelings about the meaning of the poem? Nope! Sometimes a poem is just a poem. Lol

You must have read a more in depth article than I did. That's good to know at least. I was so irritated about that. Veggie Tales are so cute.

24 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

You must have read a more in depth article than I did. That's good to know at least. I was so irritated about that. Veggie Tales are so cute.

I'm so out of touch on the children's tales. The last controversy I remember was the gay Teletubby

4 hours ago, LFG said:

I'm so out of touch on the children's tales. The last controversy I remember was the gay Teletubby

Haha the best part of Teletubbies was when the phones popped out of the ground and a voice said " time for Telly bye bye" that meant the dumb show was over. My kids both just loved it. Veggie Tales are Christian based and they are dancing and singing vegetables and they have movies and tv shows. It's actually cute even though it doesnt sound like it lol. My favorite character is Larry the cucumber. 

Screenshot_20181206-224311.png