GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lupara

Game of the night

Tonight's game of the day is Johnsonburg vs Elk County Catholic. Two AML North rivals who have been dominating the north for some time now. Two of the best coaches in the district as well with Shuey and Straub. ECC hasn't played yet. Its at ECC (tough venue). You can listen here at 7 pm. http://houndcountry.com/  . ECC improves nicely throughout the season. The best time to get them is out of the gate. I'll give a slight edge to Burg. I'd ask for predictions but at this point, I'd settle for a pulse.:)

Sorry, I have never gotten into basketball on any level...just not my sport. I am enjoying your reports on the local high school scores though.

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

ECC looking great out of the gate this season. Clearly the team to beat in single A. 

Dubois 3-0 is off to a great start as well. ECC will be in town this Tuesday to see who remains unbeaten. Marquee matchup this Tuesday. I'll take ECC because when I pick a team to win, its the kiss of death. Go Beavs. 

Ridgway 4-0 dodged a couple bullets in a tough early season schedule. Cameron County will make some noise this season. Gave the Elkers all they could handle as did St Joe's Academy (Boalsburg)  coming off an impressive win against perennial powerhouse Bishop Carrol. 

What else can you say about Coudy? They'll steam roll through the North Tier League with the possible exception of Cameron County. Coudy edges out Ridgway as the top team in 2A IMO. It's a shame Coudy and ECC won't face off this season.

Kane has a new head coach. They are much improved this season. Not elite level yet but look for that program to improve in the coming years. 

Brockway's early season record leaves one wondering which Rover team is showing up any given night. Still watch for them to be in the mix come playoff time. The Rovers compete.

Brookville, like Kane and Dubois is doing what it takes to compete year in and year out. They're developing younger talent and should do well this season. The best in 3A.

The KSAC consistently has very competitive girls teams. They'll be the first to remind you of this when you start talking about the boys. The boys always have some stellar athletes, they just don't consistently win out across the entire district. Clarion Limestone and North Clarion the two to watch in this league. You never know. C-L and Ridgway face off this Friday. Ridgway will need to fire on all cylinders to come away with a win.

The upcoming Elk County Holiday Tournament like always, will have St. Marys' "Dutch Oven" standing room only, rock'n with great basketball. 

Good luck to all.

Dubois has the size and athletes to hopefully make winning run this year. It has always perplexed me over the last 25 years why they havent had consistent competitive mens basketball. Very good new coach in Coach Bennett. .ECC is ECC with Coach Straub.   Every year regardless of talent or not ECC has been there the last 36 years. When February comes  ECC goes to another level.  Brockway has No size.  That will catch up for the Rovers. Ridgway has a good system also with Coach Allegretto. C-L should be a team watch. And the sleeper is Johnsonburg. Coach Shuey is a coach who gets the most out of what he has without any stars. 

Big one tonight Beavers! Last season Coach Straub alluded to ECC's lack of aggressiveness ie  rebounding and fighting for loose balls. If the game against Johnsonburg is any indication, the Crusaders have reversed that trend. Dubois will need to get hungry to win this one. Fight for every possession. Crash the boards. Foremost is to be confident you can do it. It's probably been quite a while since you beat ECC. Tonight can be the night. Not sure what radio station will be airing for the Beavers but I know it will be streaming on  the River 98.9

Another big game is in the KSAC North division. Clarion Limestone vs North Clarion is an important one for league standing and future playoff seeding.

Good luck boys.

18 minutes ago, Lupara said:

Big one tonight Beavers! Last season Coach Straub alluded to ECC's lack of aggressiveness ie  rebounding and fighting for loose balls. If the game against Johnsonburg is any indication, the Crusaders have reversed that trend. Dubois will need to get hungry to win this one. Fight for every possession. Crash the boards. Foremost is to be confident you can do it. It's probably been quite a while since you beat ECC. Tonight can be the night. Not sure what radio station will be airing for the Beavers but I know it will be streaming on  the River 98.9

Another big game is in the KSAC North division. Clarion Limestone vs North Clarion is an important one for league standing and future playoff seeding.

Good luck boys.

Even though I don't follow H S Basketball, I'll go out on a limb and pick ECC. Anyone know when D9 wrestling is scheduled to start? I looked on their web site and all they have is a preview for this season written on 12/6. I would assume they will start sometime in January?

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

12 minutes ago, old farm boy said:

Even though I don't follow H S Basketball, I'll go out on a limb and pick ECC. Anyone know when D9 wrestling is scheduled to start? I looked on their web site and all they have is a preview for this season written on 12/6. I would assume they will start sometime in January?

http://www.pa-wrestling.com/hs/district9/weekly_schedule.htm

This was all I could find.

1 hour ago, Lupara said:

Looks like they start this week then....thanks:)

12/29/18. The stage is set for another epic final at the Elk Co. Holiday tournament. ECC 6-0 won going away last night vs St. Marys. Ridgway 8-0 also had a decisive victory of Johnsonburg. Both teams are playing at an exceptional level. Look for both to be ranked in the top ten in the state as the season unfolds. There are rivalries but few to match ECC and Ridgway. They have a bit of history. It will be standing room only in a 750 seat capacity gymnasium. Scheduled tip off is 8 pm. Broadcast on hound country radio. http://houndcountry.com/