DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
jaman

Verizon switch deadline

16 hours ago, sapphire said:

I'm familiar with both but my personal preference is Android. Time will tell. ūü§ě

6 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Same here. I didn't like the Iphone.

4 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I don't like Apple.  They are very adept at trapping you into their 'ecosystem'.  Apple generally does not like to play nice with other platforms.  With Android/Google/Windows it seems their is a lot more ability to pick and choose which apps/products work best for you without having to jump through a lot of hoops.

:arghh:

I happen to be pretty close to a real Verizon store. I get comfy with things that works like I want them too.

I ain't a shopper and my old brain gets confused with too many options.

I think I will carry my Droid into the real store and ask one of the young ens to tell me where I stand with what I have. I just got to be ready with a snow shovel to dig my way out of the snow job I will get.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, block said:

Go to Walmart and switch to Straight Talk.  I've been with them for 8 years now, they use verizon towers.  $45 a month unlimited talk, text and 10gigs of data.  Never have had a problem, never run out of data.  Just make sure when switching you tell them you want a verizon compatable phone, if  you're purchasing a new phone.

I stopped in today to get the info. And called Total Wireless national customer service.  Verizon Towers. Thanks for the great info.

I stopped in Walmart today and quizzed the clerk, who I have gotten good advice from before, on what exactly could be bad about an Iphone.  He said the Android is more user-friendly, and the Iphone is not automatically linked to Google and their App store.   Iphone has an I Store?  I may have gotten that wrong, but it seems like driving a standard car versus an automatic.  You'll still get there but you'll have to do more of the sorting yourself.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, WMJ77 said:

how is this good for verizon?

look at how many are ready to switch just on here:pound:

Verizon sucked during the hurricane. Heard from a friend on the other side of Florida that Verizon sucked during their hurricane that they had.

Verizon's big gift---- 3 months of no charge. But I still have to send them a check for 4 bucks per month.

Two other carriers had SOME limited service after the hurricane around here.

Should I bail? That's the big question.

I doubt if I will.

My phone has become part of my life. Unfortunately 

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, fedup said:

I happen to be pretty close to a real Verizon store. I get comfy with things that works like I want them too.

I ain't a shopper and my old brain gets confused with too many options.

I think I will carry my Droid into the real store and ask one of the young ens to tell me where I stand with what I have. I just got to be ready with a snow shovel to dig my way out of the snow job I will get.

Calling them usually gets a better result.  Store folks are under pressure to make sales.

just asked verizon about switch....they had no clue what I was talking about

You
was told july 1st you must switch to a 4 g phone or your phone wont work

Not at all

Where did you get that information from?
You
verizon is making all people switch to 4G by July 1st or you will be kicked off. And you need a new phone with a Sim to boot.

That is not correect

correct**

All phones will still be able to use on our network

We normally notify our directly if there are changes
You
okay thx

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

this from Verizon

The information is not correct

Verizon is doing no such thing

No need to worry

You can rest assured of this

Other carriers always say these things as well so they can get customers

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

52 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:
this from Verizon

No need to worry

But Jaman is correct. If you try to replace your flip phone, Verizon will not activate it. I see that Verizon Wireless has started to carry a 4G flip phone called LG Exalt LTE. It is $144, but it is out of stock online. It is not a smartphone. 

I just got a Casio GzOne Ravine C751 Flip Cell Phone for Christmas and dialed *228 to activate and it was fine.....that was why I called to see if my phone would work or not after 7-1-19

8 hours ago, WMJ77 said:
this from Verizon

No need to worry

Whomever you spoke to is incorrect.  They are ending both the 2g and 3g networks...by the end of 2019.  It's well documented that they were planning this.  

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

I dont know....my phone works and thats all I'm worried about right now

just chatted with them again and they said if your phone is working now it should be ok or if you can activate a new one like I did it is good to go, he said they already fixed it on their end and things either wont work or cant activate.....take this however you want mine works now.....if it stops in july....i pity the person getting my call

16 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

just chatted with them again and they said if your phone is working now it should be ok or if you can activate a new one like I did it is good to go, he said they already fixed it on their end and things either wont work or cant activate.....take this however you want mine works now.....if it stops in july....i pity the person getting my call

Why would u be ignorant to the person who gets your call? They dont make the rules and it isn't their fault if u have the wrong phone and it doesn't work anymore. 

maybe because this is the 2nd person who said I will be fine with the new phone that I got....that is why I called them....they want to lie to me then I will b i t c h ....if all is good as they say it will be....no prob

On 1/1/2019 at 11:54 AM, WMJ77 said:
this from Verizon

No need to worry

My buddy showed me his notification text. Over the holiday, I went to Verizon Burger King to activate a new flip phone for MOM. Her Verizon Samsung blew up 2 months ago. WE have been customers for over 20 years.  The guy at Verizon Burger King verified it and said my new phone , the same Model Samsung Was 3G and they werent activating . He directly said you need a phone with a SIM . I sent the phone back for a refund and bought the exact same phone they are now advertising on Verizon for $120 Kyocera(4G LTE) for $70 on a  Verizon Ebay wholesaler..  I will be going the beginning of next week to get it activated or not. If they dont I will be telling them something. I think there is a "Run Around going on". It looks like They are trying to make most of their customers buy new phones . Big money grab. They say that verizon gives out free SIM's to customer's for new 4G LTE even though they are cheap. All this crap for someone who just wants a basic phone for emergencies and security.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, Sanibel said:

But Jaman is correct. If you try to replace your flip phone, Verizon will not activate it. I see that Verizon Wireless has started to carry a 4G flip phone called LG Exalt LTE. It is $144, but it is out of stock online. It is not a smartphone. 

Yes, Also they are carrying a Kyocera for $120.    Basically, they are going to make people buy new phones. I dont surf on my phone. I dont text. If people want me they can leave voicemail.  But if I resolve this with anyone but Verizon, I may upgrade.

Got the new verizon flip phone.   Is anybody experiencing a faster drain on their battery than usual? When they are not using.  Called company and they gave me some explanation saying that their new 4G network is not totally implemented and it will be an extra drain because of weak signals which required more battery power until they are finished. I thought it was a bad battery or phone..

Hello All,

I do not post much because I am here to learn.  My last post was about What Happened to the DuBois Taxi.  Sad news there.

I have been following the conversation about Verizon.  I have a Samsung 4 flip phone.  Bought reconditioned from Verizon 2 yrs ago.  So far, all good.  Today I called Verizon customer service and asked about the 1 July situation.  The Customer Service person (nice, polite lady) did not have answer.  Put me on hold for 20 or 30 seconds.  Came back and said that there will be no changes until "sometime in 2020".  Also said Verizon has many inquiries about flip phones.  They MAY bring one out at about the time of the 2020 change over.

5 hours ago, jaman said:

Got the new verizon flip phone.   Is anybody experiencing a faster drain on their battery than usual? When they are not using.  Called company and they gave me some explanation saying that their new 4G network is not totally implemented and it will be an extra drain because of weak signals which required more battery power until they are finished. I thought it was a bad battery or phone..

That's wierd. When I got my galaxy from Total Wireless my battery life actually got a lot better and I have 4G.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó