Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
jaman

Weekend Bowls

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jaman said:

A lot of major teams are laying "eggs". It may reflect the style of there conference.

I think many players peaked at the conference championship games. If they are playing  in a non significant game it is hard to get excited about it. I think Michigan had a few players sit out of their bowl game so they could prepare for the NFL draft.  QB from WVU did that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I think many players peaked at the conference championship games. If they are playing  in a non significant game it is hard to get excited about it. I think Michigan had a few players sit out of their bowl game so they could prepare for the NFL draft.  QB from WVU did that too.

ND, South Carolina, Purdue,West Virginia(Yes it was QB related), Oklahoma got caught in the first quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaman said:

ND, South Carolina, Purdue,West Virginia(Yes it was QB related), Oklahoma got caught in the first quarter.

SC drives me nuts. 600yds of offense vs Clemson, then lay down vs VA.

 Now we are right where we were in early September, waiting to see who is better, Clemson or Alabama 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LFG said:

SC drives me nuts. 600yds of offense vs Clemson, then lay down vs VA.

 Now we are right where we were in early September, waiting to see who is better, Clemson or Alabama 

CLEMSON!!!


 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

 

-- Jack Lambert --

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, steelnut said:

CLEMSON!!!

 Everybody in the country hates Alabama, but Clemson is the only team that has a real shot at beating them.  Should be a great match up, both teams are very deep with skill players on both sides of the ball. Even though I'm from South Carolina, I am an SEC fan. Roll Tide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LFG said:

SC drives me nuts. 600yds of offense vs Clemson, then lay down vs VA.

 Now we are right where we were in early September, waiting to see who is better, Clemson or Alabama 

Now on tuesday it will Wildcats vs Lions. Wildcats are usually  faster than lions. But Lions are  bigger and stronger. In this case its no different. We will see.:o:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jaman said:

Now on tuesday it will Wildcats vs Lions. Wildcats are usually  faster than lions. In this case its no different. We will see.

KY was very overrated early in the season. They were undefeated in the weakest division in college football. They are a very one dimensional team. Stop Benny Snell and you stop the Wildcats. That's easier said than done, but doesn't PSU have some pretty stout linebackers? Isn't that kind of a tradition up there? Spread the field out and their defense won't be able to keep up. I expect PSU to win this one. I always love to see the SEC win over the Big10, but that Gator beatdown of the Wolverines was more than satisfying :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LFG said:

KY was very overrated early in the season. They were undefeated in the weakest division in college football. They are a very one dimensional team. Stop Benny Snell and you stop the Wildcats. That's easier said than done, but doesn't PSU have some pretty stout linebackers? Isn't that kind of a tradition up there? Spread the field out and their defense won't be able to keep up. I expect PSU to win this one. I always love to see the SEC win over the Big10, but that Gator beatdown of the Wolverines was more than satisfying :rofl:

You know we'd try harder but decided against it. It isn't worth it . Everybody knows it takes all y'all forever to get over loosin'.:yes:

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lupara said:

You know we'd try harder but decided against it. It isn't worth it . Everybody knows it takes all y'all forever to get over loosin'.:yes:

giphy.gif

Not really. As a Gamecock, I've gotten used to saying "Just wait til next year" by week 6... :Sad_014:

What really hurts is watching your arch rival play for a national championship every year. This is the worst Carolina has been in years. I hated the Muschamp hire, and he's just been extended through 2024. He was a loser at FL, and he's a loser here even when the other programs are down. Now FL is rebuilding, KY has a program, and it's only a matter of time before TN is back on the scene. We will be back to the days where finishing 3rd in the conference is a win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LFG said:

Not really. As a Gamecock, I've gotten used to saying "Just wait til next year" by week 6... :Sad_014:

What really hurts is watching your arch rival play for a national championship every year. This is the worst Carolina has been in years. I hated the Muschamp hire, and he's just been extended through 2024. He was a loser at FL, and he's a loser here even when the other programs are down. Now FL is rebuilding, KY has a program, and it's only a matter of time before TN is back on the scene. We will be back to the days where finishing 3rd in the conference is a win

I was at PSU in 82 when they took it to the "Dawgs" and Herschel Walker for the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, LFG said:

Not really. As a Gamecock, I've gotten used to saying "Just wait til next year" by week 6... :Sad_014:

What really hurts is watching your arch rival play for a national championship every year. This is the worst Carolina has been in years. I hated the Muschamp hire, and he's just been extended through 2024. He was a loser at FL, and he's a loser here even when the other programs are down. Now FL is rebuilding, KY has a program, and it's only a matter of time before TN is back on the scene. We will be back to the days where finishing 3rd in the conference is a win

As a kid growing up, I was a Raider fan. Lamonica, Stabler, Bellitnekoff. As the years went by they I just found myself just warming up to the Steelers. Not a choice just felt that way. If your a regular at a sandwich shop or hot dog place and they start selling bad food, you'll take your business elsewhere. They have to put out a good product. I was waiting for some biker with his head painted silver to hold up a sign in the Oakland Coliseum that read "Just Die Baby"

I don't know what it's like down there but it's a little strange up here. You have an old high school buddy you haven't seen in years. You hear he got divorced. You run into him and don't even bring up the fact he's divorced. Those things happen. But find out he's changed football teams and it's the end of the world.  Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changing the subject a bit, NFL head coaches are dropping like Custer's men at the Little Big Horn! What is it at least 3 if not 4 since yesterday?


"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFG said:

Not really. As a Gamecock, I've gotten used to saying "Just wait til next year" by week 6... :Sad_014:

What really hurts is watching your arch rival play for a national championship every year. This is the worst Carolina has been in years. I hated the Muschamp hire, and he's just been extended through 2024. He was a loser at FL, and he's a loser here even when the other programs are down. Now FL is rebuilding, KY has a program, and it's only a matter of time before TN is back on the scene. We will be back to the days where finishing 3rd in the conference is a win

Richt  at Miami gave it up quick. Sounds like his heart isnt into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jaman said:

Richt  at Miami gave it up quick. Sounds like his heart isnt into it.

I hate that, too. I like Richt, and thought he got a raw deal at GA. 9 wins isn't enough for the SEC teams that expect to compete for a championship every year. I haven't given up on him at Miami yet, though, he just needs a few good recruits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lupara said:

 

As a kid growing up, I was a Raider fan. Lamonica, Stabler, Bellitnekoff. As the years went by they I just found myself just warming up to the Steelers. Not a choice just felt that way. If your a regular at a sandwich shop or hot dog place and they start selling bad food, you'll take your business elsewhere. They have to put out a good product. I was waiting for some biker with his head painted silver to hold up a sign in the Oakland Coliseum that read "Just Die Baby"

I don't know what it's like down there but it's a little strange up here. You have an old high school buddy you haven't seen in years. You hear he got divorced. You run into him and don't even bring up the fact he's divorced. Those things happen. But find out he's changed football teams and it's the end of the world.  Weird.

We're just not passionate about the pro teams down here, so I can't empathize there, but I have seen children written out of wills for attending the wrong university

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LFG said:

If we had beaten FL, PSU would have gotten us in a bowl game. I would have never lived that down here :lol:

What is a Belk anyway? I know what an orange is . I know what citrus is. Cotton. I like cotton.  It breathes. I know what a rose is. Belk? The Belk Bowl? Was "Just When You Couldn't Feel Any Worse About Your Season Bowl" already taken? It's not some celebratory Southern delicacy is it? If it is, you don't have to share. We're good. Its all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lupara said:

What is a Belk anyway? I know what an orange is . I know what citrus is. Cotton. I like cotton.  It breathes. I know what a rose is. Belk? The Belk Bowl? Was "Just When You Couldn't Feel Any Worse About Your Season Bowl" already taken? It's not some celebratory Southern delicacy is it? If it is, you don't have to share. We're good. Its all good. 

Belk is to the south what JC Penny's would be to the north, so yeah, the bowl sucks. In the SEC, anything below Peach is just an extra game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LFG said:

Not really. As a Gamecock, I've gotten used to saying "Just wait til next year" by week 6... :Sad_014:

What really hurts is watching your arch rival play for a national championship every year. This is the worst Carolina has been in years. I hated the Muschamp hire, and he's just been extended through 2024. He was a loser at FL, and he's a loser here even when the other programs are down. Now FL is rebuilding, KY has a program, and it's only a matter of time before TN is back on the scene. We will be back to the days where finishing 3rd in the conference is a win

There are no longer any more miracle coaches who have the ability to come in for 2-3 years and build a National Champion. You have to give them at  least 4 years until their first recruits are seniors.  Then if they stink, you fire them immediately. The coaches would have 4 full years of players who should know the system by then. You got some coaches out their making a million bucks that are consistent losers. And Im not big on recycling coaches 3 or four times. If they lose at two places. They aint going to win anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaman said:

There are no longer any more miracle coaches who have the ability to come in for 2-3 years and build a National Champion. You have to give them at  least 4 years until their first recruits are seniors.  Then if they stink, you fire them immediately. The coaches would have 4 full years of players who should know the system by then. You got some coaches out their making a million bucks that are consistent losers. And Im not big on recycling coaches 3 or four times. If they lose at two places. They aint going to win anywhere.

Recycling has become the status quo at Carolina. It started with Slobberin' Lou, but at least he had a certain cache. Spurrier had a few good seasons left in him, and took the Gamecocks to places they had never been, but Muschamp is a proven loser in this division. I just don't understand that hire at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...