Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lupara

Lupara's top ten d-9 rankings boys basketball 1/6

Recommended Posts

:thanks: I have been to a few local area  school games. Ecc, Ridgway,  North Clarion, and C-L in the ratings are consistent winners..  When you say Coach Straub(ECC), that's all you need to say over the last 35 years. The program is a winning machine. Im very surprised that DCC isnt winning with a great player, some good athletes, and a decent 6'7"  player at this point.  Coach Shuey at J-Burg is also solid with what talent he gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaman said:

:thanks: I have been to a few local area  school games. Ecc, Ridgway,  North Clarion, and C-L in the ratings are consistent winners..  When you say Coach Straub(ECC), that's all you need to say over the last 35 years. The program is a winning machine. Im very surprised that DCC isnt winning with a great player, some good athletes, and a decent 6'7"  player at this point.  Coach Shuey at J-Burg is also solid with what talent he gets.

I would add Coudy to the list of top tier programs with Coach Furman at the helm. More so than CL or N. Cl. (IMO). CL has done well over the past 5+ years or so. They are down a notch this season however.

I know my fair share of folks in the North Clarion area. Down to earth. Good work ethic. Top school performance grade wise. They kept the drug epidemic at bay compared to other areas. They don't cotton to welfare cases. What's not to like. They do well in the regular season, get a high seed (inflated really), then can't finish. I believe it was 5th or 6th seeded Burg who eliminated them last season with a record a little over .500. This is the best North Clarion team I've seen though and who knows. I think they could beat Burg this season. I look for N Cl to be higher in the D9 Sports Power Ratings tomorrow. I had to give the edge to Cameron County. They took Ridgway to 2 overtimes in Ridgway. The CC/ Coudy rivalry should be interesting this season with CC's size and Coudy's ability to shoot the three. North Clarion just isn't as ready for tough matchups come playoff time. Strength of schedule is as important as win/loss record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lupara said:

I would add Coudy to the list of top tier programs with Coach Furman at the helm. More so than CL or N. Cl. (IMO). CL has done well over the past 5+ years or so. They are down a notch this season however.

I know my fair share of folks in the North Clarion area. Down to earth. Good work ethic. Top school performance grade wise. They kept the drug epidemic at bay compared to other areas. They don't cotton to welfare cases. What's not to like. They do well in the regular season, get a high seed (inflated really), then can't finish. I believe it was 5th or 6th seeded Burg who eliminated them last season with a record a little over .500. This is the best North Clarion team I've seen though and who knows. I think they could beat Burg this season. I look for N Cl to be higher in the D9 Sports Power Ratings tomorrow. I had to give the edge to Cameron County. They took Ridgway to 2 overtimes in Ridgway. The CC/ Coudy rivalry should be interesting this season with CC's size and Coudy's ability to shoot the three. North Clarion just isn't as ready for tough matchups come playoff time. Strength of schedule is as important as win/loss record. 

NC has a football co-op with Clarion.  Next  year Clarion might have both NC and C-L. I agree with strength of schedule. How big is the Mills kid from NC. Every night I see he has 20 pts and at least 10-12 rebounds. Coudy has a kid name Chambers who is lights out my friends tell me.. I read D9  Sports every Saturday. I love going to Tippin Gym for playoffs. THis year who knows where it would be. They are modernizing Tippin. I liked the early 80 NC team that had Weaver brothers and a kid by the name of Fauzey. I played against them in Districts. I go to some games when teams are good even though I didnt go to those schools. I have seen DCC play 3 times. 2-1.  The big kid most of the time is 20 ft from the basket.  Brockway the  last game put at 5'7" on him many of times.  Maybe if they start winning and get in the playoffs they'll prove me wrong. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

42 minutes ago, jaman said:

NC has a football co-op with Clarion.  Next  year Clarion might have both NC and C-L. I agree with strength of schedule. How big is the Mills kid from NC. Every night I see he has 20 pts and at least 10-12 rebounds. Coudy has a kid name Chambers who is lights out my friends tell me.. I read D9  Sports every Saturday. I love going to Tippin Gym for playoffs. THis year who knows where it would be. They are modernizing Tippin. I liked the early 80 NC team that had Weaver brothers and a kid by the name of Fauzey. I played against them in Districts. I go to some games when teams are good even though I didnt go to those schools. I have seen DCC play 3 times. 2-1.  The big kid most of the time is 20 ft from the basket.  Brockway the  last game put at 5'7" on him many of times.  Maybe if they start winning and get in the playoffs they'll prove me wrong. We'll see.

The Co-op with N Cl was huge this year with the Minich brothers from NCl the go to offensive players. Add to that the leading rusher in the district in Clarion Limestone back next year and Clarion will be looking good in football.  N Cl's Kyle Mills is 6' 7 " and can run the floor. 

Cameron Co. has a Caden Beldin. Also all of 6' 7" and the two Brown brothers that can shoot the three.

NCl should run the table in the regular season. ECC has a tougher path playing Ridgway on their  turf. CC will have to face Coudy twice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaman said:

Looks like Coudy. They are pounding teams.

I see the Football co-op with Clarion and CL was approved last night. next year Clarion is going to be tough. Coach Wiser is going to be licking his chops. 

Don't forget Clarion already has North Clarion and now Clarion Limestone. 272 actual boys enrollment and still Double A. Crazy. That's one under Quad A. The Minnick brothers made up over 90% of Clarion's offense. They are from North Clarion. Now they'll have the best offensive lineman and best running back in the district from Clarion Limestone. They will be tough to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lupara said:

Don't forget Clarion already has North Clarion and now Clarion Limestone. 272 actual boys enrollment and still Double A. Crazy. That's one under Quad A. The Minnick brothers made up over 90% of Clarion's offense. They are from North Clarion. Now they'll have the best offensive lineman and best running back in the district from Clarion Limestone. They will be tough to beat.

Basically Clarion now has control of 70% of  clarion County. Is that all 3 schools boys? If not, you are right  At least 4A.   The Minichs and the Mills brothers. 4 out of the starting 5 in basketball. Like I said before. If brockway really wanted to push the issue, they could get players from Brookville, Clearfield, Dubois, Punxsy.  Just as long they go to Dubois CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaman said:

Basically Clarion now has control of 70% of  clarion County. Is that all 3 schools boys? If not, you are right  At least 4A.   The Minichs and the Mills brothers. 4 out of the starting 5 in basketball. Like I said before. If brockway really wanted to push the issue, they could get players from Brookville, Clearfield, Dubois, Punxsy.  Just as long they go to Dubois CC.

All three school's boys enrollment are now the Clarion  Bobcats in football. You only count one half the boys enrollment of the two guest schools and all of the host's to determine classification. The three schools classification enrollment is 190.  Their actual total enrollment is 272.

The parameters for football are:

AA are 132-198

AAA are 199-272

AAAA are 273-384

Brockway/DCC's total enrollment  is 179. Still within AA. Ridgway/Johnsonburg total also within AA at 180. Brookville is 178. 

You can see the new Clarion/Clarion Limestone/North Clarion co-op has nearly a hundred more kids than the other AA schools they'll be competing against. They would be the largest AAA school in the district and tied for the largest AAA school in the state of Pennsylvania.

As I said earlier, they're going to be tough to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaman said:

 Like I said before. If brockway really wanted to push the issue, they could get players from Brookville, Clearfield, Dubois, Punxsy.  Just as long they go to Dubois CC.

The issue with that is the tuition.  That would be tough on families.  I know several students who inquire about this very thing and tuition holds them back.  They assume that Brockway will pick up the tab and that is not the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, Lupara said:

All three school's boys enrollment are now the Clarion  Bobcats in football. You only count one half the boys enrollment of the two guest schools and all of the host's to determine classification. The three schools classification enrollment is 190.  Their actual total enrollment is 272.

The parameters for football are:

AA are 132-198

AAA are 199-272

AAAA are 273-384

Brockway/DCC's total enrollment  is 179. Still within AA. Ridgway/Johnsonburg total also within AA at 180. Brookville is 178. 

You can see the new Clarion/Clarion Limestone/North Clarion co-op has nearly a hundred more kids than the other AA schools they'll be competing against. They would be the largest AAA school in the district and tied for the largest AAA school in the state of Pennsylvania.

As I said earlier, they're going to be tough to beat.

What is your current top 10?   Clarion an CL are coming to brockway next week. I want to see CL. Their starting  5  I imagine if they get a could lead probbably wont play more than a half or so. Their point guard is healing now from and ankle. What happened to the big kid, Solnosky from DCC? havent. seen anything in 2 weeks. the North Clarion-DCC sounded like a decent game. Im guessing your top 4 will stay the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jaman said:

What is your current top 10?   Clarion an CL are coming to brockway next week. I want to see CL. Their starting  5  I imagine if they get a could lead probbably wont play more than a half or so. Their point guard is healing now from and ankle. What happened to the big kid, Solnosky from DCC? havent. seen anything in 2 weeks. the North Clarion-DCC sounded like a decent game. Im guessing your top 4 will stay the same.

I don't remember a season with so many unexpected upsets all across the district. Its hard to know if its due to injury or a team isn't showing up every night. 

1. Coudy

2. ECC

3. Ridgway

4. CL

5. Dubois

6. N Cl

7. J Burg

8. Cam Co

9. Brookville

10. Red Bank Valley

I'm giving nod to Coudy at 1. They play ECC right now I give a slight edge to Coudy. These rankings aren't any better than D9Sports. Its just been an "anybody's guess" kind of season.

Single A is by far the most intriguing this season although it's ECC's to lose. The next 3 or four teams in Single A... CL, N Cl, Burg. and CC would all be nice matchups. Sadly, once again, it looks like Cl and N Cl will be on the same side of the playoff bracket while ECC and Burg will be on the other. That would be the third time ECC played Burg and the third time Cl faced N Cl. I wish teams from different leagues could face off more readily in the playoffs. Much more entertaining  and the true top four teams are decided on the floor. Right now, if the play offs were being seeded, Burg would have a lower seed than Galeton. Look for that to change though.  If you haven't seen Burg yet, they'll be in town tonight to play the Rovers. This will provide  some insight when you watch C L next week. C L can score as always but watch Burg defend if you get a chance.

Red Bank Valley came out of nowhere. I don't know if they figured something out or opposing teams were hamstrung. Moniteau seems overrated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont bet against ECC.  Moniteau got slaughtered at home by Brockway. Coach Shuey at JBurg a good underrated coach. Coach bennett at Dubois has them on a streak.  He finally has the big kid starting to play to his potential. He was a great coach at PSU Dubois. But Dubois plays at a level which is extremely tough come playoffs.. DCC trying to stay above .500  And dont know about the big kid? I think when they had him they under performed as a team. Brookville is up and down. Galeton is unknown to me. Im trying to pick a playoff darkhorse. I may go with Keystone. I like long term coaches, Clarion who is on a streak is at Brockway Monday.

I have heard nothing for awhile where the Districts will be held. Tippin not ready. The Rec Center doesnt have the seating. The college games are getting poor attendance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lupara said:

I don't remember a season with so many unexpected upsets all across the district. Its hard to know if its due to injury or a team isn't showing up every night. 

1. Coudy

2. ECC

3. Ridgway

4. CL

5. Dubois

6. N Cl

7. J Burg

8. Cam Co

9. Brookville

10. Red Bank Valley

I'm giving nod to Coudy at 1. They play ECC right now I give a slight edge to Coudy. These rankings aren't any better than D9Sports. Its just been an "anybody's guess" kind of season.

Single A is by far the most intriguing this season although it's ECC's to lose. The next 3 or four teams in Single A... CL, N Cl, Burg. and CC would all be nice matchups. Sadly, once again, it looks like Cl and N Cl will be on the same side of the playoff bracket while ECC and Burg will be on the other. That would be the third time ECC played Burg and the third time Cl faced N Cl. I wish teams from different leagues could face off more readily in the playoffs. Much more entertaining  and the true top four teams are decided on the floor. Right now, if the play offs were being seeded, Burg would have a lower seed than Galeton. Look for that to change though.  If you haven't seen Burg yet, they'll be in town tonight to play the Rovers. This will provide  some insight when you watch C L next week. C L can score as always but watch Burg defend if you get a chance.

Red Bank Valley came out of nowhere. I don't know if they figured something out or opposing teams were hamstrung. Moniteau seems overrated.  

Just an FYI - Galeton wouldn't figure into the D-9 playoffs at all. They're D-4. They simply play as part of the North Tier League


"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...