GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
steelnut

NCAA Championship

Saban getting smoked. The announcers said the problem might be that the assistant you like recruited you might be gone next year. Saban has been through 20 coaches in the last 5 years. After the 2nd interception  was evident Saban should have put the 2nd QB Hurts in. The Offensive Coordinator once he accepted another job a month ago should have been told to go.

8 hours ago, jaman said:

Saban getting smoked. The announcers said the problem might be that the assistant you like recruited you might be gone next year. Saban has been through 20 coaches in the last 5 years. After the 2nd interception  was evident Saban should have put the 2nd QB Hurts in. The Offensive Coordinator once he accepted another job a month ago should have been told to go.

As a gamecock it pains me to say this, but that's giving Saban too much credit. Clemson's defense has been that dominant for the last five or six years, all of the credit goes to Venebles.  He had Alabama's offense confused all night.

I will refer you to my post in the bowl game thread, I had a feeling Clemson might win, but I had no idea it would be a beat down.  They need to go ahead and give Trevor Lawrence the 2018 Heisman 

I have to give Clemson credit, they came to play!  They put in the work and it showed.  Saban even said at half that Clemson was playing a lot of "copy cat" moves from other teams so that tells me some one watched lots of Alabama tapes and came up with a great game plan.  Defense looked clueless at times and offense was a total mess.  Now to get the Cowboys to the superbowl to make the hubby happy:D

It was good to see Little Lyin' Nicky get his ass whooped:yahoo: What's he gonna' do now that college football might be getting too tough? Run away to coach high school ball?:kitty2:

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

5 hours ago, Lupara said:

Haven't watched Clemson much this season but what stood out to me when I did was that defense. Not taking away too much from the offense but that defense was stellar.

That defense has been championship caliber for about 5 years now. Venebles is the second Hughes payed coordinator in college football, 2.2 million per year, and has turned down many head coaching offers.

The offense has been getting better, and DeShawn Watson was good enough to give them a championship in 2016. Even with Kelly Bryant starting last year, all eyes were already on Trevor Lawrence. He was breaking all of DeShawn's high school records in GA, and was committed to Clemson. Fans wanted him to start the first game, but Bryant got the early nod. If you kept up with early season drama, you know what happened there.

This kid is for real. Nothing phases him, totally comfortable. He's the most complete college quarterback since Peyton Manning, and he's just getting started. 

Another one to watch is Justyn Ross, #8, the freshman wide receiver making the circus catches. Clemson is building a dynasty down the road, we are truly entering the dark ages for Gamecock fans...

35 minutes ago, LFG said:

That defense has been championship caliber for about 5 years now. Venebles is the second Hughes payed coordinator in college football, 2.2 million per year, and has turned down many head coaching offers.

The offense has been getting better, and DeShawn Watson was good enough to give them a championship in 2016. Even with Kelly Bryant starting last year, all eyes were already on Trevor Lawrence. He was breaking all of DeShawn's high school records in GA, and was committed to Clemson. Fans wanted him to start the first game, but Bryant got the early nod. If you kept up with early season drama, you know what happened there.

This kid is for real. Nothing phases him, totally comfortable. He's the most complete college quarterback since Peyton Manning, and he's just getting started. 

Another one to watch is Justyn Ross, #8, the freshman wide receiver making the circus catches. Clemson is building a dynasty down the road, we are truly entering the dark ages for Gamecock fans...

You are yearning for the "ole Ball Coach" Spurrier to return. Les Miles needed a new coaching gig. All he was doing was cashing in commercials. Dr pepper story was great. And there was Les Miles.   I only wished that they would have had The Boz throw him off the roof after the lightening bolt. Not cut away and have him handcuffed.

1 hour ago, jaman said:

You are yearning for the "ole Ball Coach" Spurrier to return. Les Miles needed a new coaching gig. All he was doing was cashing in commercials. Dr pepper story was great. And there was Les Miles.   I only wished that they would have had The Boz throw him off the roof after the lightening bolt. Not cut away and have him handcuffed.

We rung every good drop out of Spurrier, and I too wish Boz had thrown Miles off the roof. I wanted Kirby Smart, but SC waited too long to hire a real coach and now I'm stuck with Muschamp through 2024 :arghh:

Justin Fields who was at Georgia, now going to Ohio State , at one time early in his recruitment committed to Penn State. Franklin was disappointed.  Too bad for Fields, he past up 2 or maybe 3 years of starting at PSU. he might not start at OSU.