DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
jaman

Schmoopie

I enjoyed her posts and tended to agree with her on a variety of things.  She once reached out to me and commented that she liked my posts.  I will remember her fondly. She was beautiful.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

9 hours ago, Pompeii said:

Thanks for posting that link, I read the whole thread. What a beautiful young woman, and nice for me to see some of the names I've come to know supporting each other years before I showed up.

One thing that stood out to me was 3olddogg. I love that guy, and he very rarely posts. He was obviously in a lot of pain. What was his relationship to Jennifer, if I may ask?

1 hour ago, LFG said:

Thanks for posting that link, I read the whole thread. What a beautiful young woman, and nice for me to see some of the names I've come to know supporting each other years before I showed up.

One thing that stood out to me was 3olddogg. I love that guy, and he very rarely posts. He was obviously in a lot of pain. What was his relationship to Jennifer, if I may ask?

Way back when (maybe 2012 or so) we had what was called a Go DuBois beer summit.  About six or seven of us got together, and Jen was there, as well as Old Dog (Mike) and a few others.  None of us knew each other prior to the get together, but all became friends afterwards.

A few of us, Schmoop and Old Dog, PM'ed quite a bit and I believe those two developed a close friendship (not romantic).  A year or two after the beer summit Old Dog got very sick, almost meeting his maker, and in the times afterwards, his posting here dropped off.  Schmoop left her husband (she worked at PSU main campus) and relocated to her home near Philly.  It was there that she passed away.

We have had a few others on this forum that has passed on, and another person that always fought the good fight here, was RidgeRider, and she was in her late 50's, from cancer.

All this basically relates to how one dimensional at times an internet forum can be, and how the person behind the screen can be vastly different than how they portray themselves here.  Schmoop and Old Dog (as well as Ridge) were the same in person as on here (Old Dog is still pushing air, and pops in here, every once in a while).

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Way back when (maybe 2012 or so) we had what was called a Go DuBois beer summit.  About six or seven of us got together, and Jen was there, as well as Old Dog (Mike) and a few others.  None of us knew each other prior to the get together, but all became friends afterwards.

A few of us, Schmoop and Old Dog, PM'ed quite a bit and I believe those two developed a close friendship (not romantic).  A year or two after the beer summit Old Dog got very sick, almost meeting his maker, and in the times afterwards, his posting here dropped off.  Schmoop left her husband (she worked at PSU main campus) and relocated to her home near Philly.  It was there that she passed away.

We have had a few others on this forum that has passed on, and another person that always fought the good fight here, was RidgeRider, and she was in her late 50's, from cancer.

All this basically relates to how one dimensional at times an internet forum can be, and how the person behind the screen can be vastly different than how they portray themselves here.  Schmoop and Old Dog (as well as Ridge) were the same in person as on here (Old Dog is still pushing air, and pops in here, every once in a while).

Thank Antonius ;)

I have gotten to post with olddogg a few times, but haven't seen him in a while.

You have mentioned the beer summits in the debate forum, and I'd love to put faces with some of the characters I've come to know on here. Maybe one day the grumpy old man can pick me up on his way back north

3 hours ago, LFG said:

Thank Antonius ;)

I have gotten to post with olddogg a few times, but haven't seen him in a while.

You have mentioned the beer summits in the debate forum, and I'd love to put faces with some of the characters I've come to know on here. Maybe one day the grumpy old man can pick me up on his way back north

That grumpy old man is still pumping dog water, to quote Holden Caufield.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

10 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I had no idea about RidgeRider, so sad.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this