DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Wisconsin Teen Missing Since October, Found Alive

Jayme Closs, Wisconsin teen who went missing in October, found alive

•  

Minneapolis — Jayme Closs, 13, who went missing almost three months ago from her Wisconsin home, was located alive Thursday evening, according to the Barron County Sheriff's Office. Police said a suspect is in custody.

The sheriff's office posted on Facebook: "A suspect was taken into custody in regards to this case. We do not [have] any other details at this time as this is a very fluid and active investigation. We will not be answering any questions or taking calls on this tonight."

CBS Minnesota spoke to Jayme's aunt Sue on Thursday evening, who said her niece was currently in the hospital.

"There was rumors earlier today, and I prayed and prayed and they come to not be true," said Jayme's aunt, Sue. "And I just shut myself totally down. I thought today was going to be the day, and then I find out two hours later that she's found and I just cannot believe this."

Closs disappeared Oct. 15, 2018, the same day her parents — James and Denise Closs — were found shot to death inside their Barron home.

CBS Minnestoa reports that up until Thursday, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said investigators had not received any credible leads in this case, despite thousands of tips.

A 911 call with garbled audio was made from Denise Closs' cellphone at about 1 a.m. on Oct. 15. Police arrived four minutes later to find her and her husband dead. There was no sign of Jayme inside the home.

Investigators will discuss the case with the media Friday morning at 11 a.m. ET at the Barron County Sheriff's office.

News that Closs had been found came hours after Fitzgerald debunked a report she had been found alive near Walworth County — which is hundreds of miles away from Walworth County where Closs was found.

Sheriff searching for missing Wisconsin teen believes she's still alive

CBS News January 11, 2019, 7:08 AM

Missing teen Jayme Closs appeared "unkempt" and in men's shoes, says 911 caller

The nearly three-month long search for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs is over as the mystery over what happened to her and her parents deepens. The Barron County Sheriff's Office said Jayme was found alive Thursday afternoon in Gordon, Wisconsin, about 65 miles north of where she went missing from her home in Barron. Local sheriffs will only say a suspect is in custody.

Jayme had not been seen since her parents were murdered there on October 15. Closs is expected to be reunited her extended family Friday.

When Peter Kasinskas answered the pounding at his front door on Thursday, the first words he heard were "This is Jayme Closs" and "Call 911." It was his neighbor and the missing girl who vanished without a trace almost three months ago.

Kasinskas told CBS News his neighbor was walking her dog in a remote and woodsy area of Gordon, Wisconsin, just after 4 p.m. on Thursday when she ran into Closs. She immediately brought her to the Kasinskas' home to call authorities.

"She saw this girl screaming 'help me, help me,'" Kasinskas said. "It was literally like we were seeing a ghost, because we have seen the billboards and the commercials and all that stuff, and there she is in my kitchen, you know."

According to Kasinskas, Jayme appeared thin and ragged. Wearing what looked like leggings, a sweatshirt and oversized men's tennis shoes. He said she was quiet while they waited for police to arrive, 15 minutes later.

"She looked the same as in all the photos and little thinner. Her hair was still the same color and length. She just looked a little unkempt like she hadn't been able to take care of herself or something," Kasinskas said.

According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, 11 minutes after police arrived, a suspect was taken into custody.

Jayme's aunt was relieved her niece had been found alive – nearly three months after the teen's parents were murdered and Jayme disappeared.

James and Denise Closs were found shot to death in their Barron home on October 15. Police say a mostly inaudible 911 call from Denise Closs's cell phone around midnight. Police arrived four minutes later to find the front door kicked in and the parents dead. Jayme was gone.

For months, police and volunteers conducted an extensive ground search. Her tight knight community kept the faith over the holidays, holding a Christmas tree vigil for her. There were very few promising leads but Jayme's family never gave up hope.

Police say this is a fluid, active investigation and have not yet released the name of the suspect. They will hold a presser Friday morning, hopefully shedding some more light on this investigation. Jayme was kept overnight at a hospital and is expected to be reunited with her family today.

Kasinskas believes Jayme had been held in a home about half a mile from his. He said the people who lived there kept to themselves and were "different." 

Police took Jayme to a hospital in Duluth, Minnesota. She's expected to be reunited with her family on Friday.           SEE VIDEO REPORT ;     https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin-jayme-closs-teen-missing-since-october-found-alive-today-2019-01-10/

Of course people are already saying she killed her parents. Why people say things like that with no detail of that happening is beyond me. If she was traumatized for the past 3 months like Elizabeth Smart then the people drawing their own conclusions the day she is rescued should be very ashamed.

I wouldn't think she was involved, at least wanting to run off with him, as she was found dirty, matted hair, skinny with the wrong shoes on.  But the chances of a total stranger coming into her house for no reason abducting her and killing her parents is rare and doubtful. He came to the house for her. He knew where she lived.  Some how he had to have come in contact with her and became infatuated wether she knew it or not.  So he somehow saw her before and became infatuated without her knowing anything about it.  He stalked her without her knowing.  Or she also liked him at first and then things went too far and she was then held against her will.  

21 minutes ago, buschpounder said:

I wouldn't think she was involved, at least wanting to run off with him, as she was found dirty, matted hair, skinny with the wrong shoes on.  But the chances of a total stranger coming into her house for no reason abducting her and killing her parents is rare and doubtful. He came to the house for her. He knew where she lived.  Some how he had to have come in contact with her and became infatuated wether she knew it or not.  So he somehow saw her before and became infatuated without her knowing anything about it.  He stalked her without her knowing.  Or she also liked him at first and then things went too far and she was then held against her will.  

I had read a news article that he worked at a factory with her parents. 

17 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

I had read a news article that he worked at a factory with her parents. 

I  didn't know that.  That would explain the connection then.  If she is telling the truth saying she doesn't know him then he must have seen her sometime and became infatuated and stalked her.  I would like to think she's telling the truth.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

According to https://abc7chicago.com/this-is-jayme-closs-call-911-wis-teen-missing-since-murder-of-parents-found-alive/5052767/ 

"Patterson worked for one day in 2016 at the same Jennie-O turkey plant in Barron as Jayme's parents, Jennie-O Turkey Store President Steve Lykken said. Patterson quit, saying he was moving from the area, Lykken said. But the sheriff said it did not appear Patterson interacted with the couple during his brief time there."

Amazing news...so happy for this family. And Jayme for being such a brave young girl. Everyone will say what they want, but until all the questions are answered. No one knows for sure...it did state he only worked there one day...not having any contact with the family or Jayme at that time, no social media...either. He will be going to trial, so it will come out. 

Let's keep her in our prayers and thoughts for her recovery. For her what she must have went though. I am so happy for Jayme....you are the hero here!

Well the truth is coming out...He confessed to the murders and kidnapping. What Jayme went thru for 3 months was unbelievable.  He confessed he watched her at the bus stop..said "that is the girl I am going to take". And watched were she lived and who she lived with. Because he followed the bus to her home. 

We never know who is lurking around and watching our children. It is so scary...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this