DuBois Kiwanis 2019 Diner's Club Coupon Book!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
jaman

New PA Cell Phone Driving Law

28 minutes ago, jaman said:

If they rigorous enforce it. Or be selective.

They haven't rigorously enforced the existing cell phone use in vehicle laws that are on the books now.

I'm on the road many hours every week going to jobs and people could care less about using their phones while driving.

Heck the ones that are supposed  to be ENFORCING the existing cell use laws are just as bad not following them......

12 minutes ago, NikonSniper said:

They haven't rigorously enforced the existing cell phone use in vehicle laws that are on the books now.

I'm on the road many hours every week going to jobs and people could care less about using their phones while driving.

Heck the ones that are supposed  to be ENFORCING the existing cell use laws are just as bad not following them......

Yep.

1 hour ago, NikonSniper said:

When you see a cop down here, make a bet with someone. If you bet the cop is on the phone you will be the winner.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

There is no new law.

It was in the Post Gazette.  I wouldnt have gave notice if it wasnt from a reliable source.  I noticed it isnt their today. Im going to send a note to the PG Editor why? I read the Pittsburgh and State College news everyday.

5 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

Emergency services personnel are exempt from those laws if using it for duty related issues. Example: Police using their mobile data terminal while the vehicle is in motion; or using a phone for job related duties including texting. 

3 hours ago, fedup said:

When you see a cop down here, make a bet with someone. If you bet the cop is on the phone you will be the winner.

They're allowed to be on their phone. I can't find the exemptions for the law but police, fire, and EMS are exempt. 

3 hours ago, fedup said:

Make a bet, if a cop pulls you over for texting and driving, I bet you wont admit to it. 

2 hours ago, jaman said:

It was in the Post Gazette.  I wouldnt have gave notice if it wasnt from a reliable source.  I noticed it isnt their today. Im going to send a note to the PG Editor why? I read the Pittsburgh and State College news everyday.

This one did not get voted on last year.

http://www.theintell.com/news/20180409/pennsylvania-lawmakers-consider-fines-points-for-drivers-using-cellphones

18 minutes ago, DuB814 said:

They're allowed to be on their phone. I can't find the exemptions for the law but police, fire, and EMS are exempt. 

There are hands free devices that our tax dollars could pay for.

17 minutes ago, DuB814 said:

Make a bet, if a cop pulls you over for texting and driving, I bet you wont admit to it. 

First off I only respond to a text. That text has to be work related. I respond while I am setting at a traffic light that takes forever to change. If I can't text what I need to say, I wait for the next red light.

If it is a phone call that I need to answer from one of my vendors I tell them to hang on until I can pull over out of the way of traffic. If that vendor has a problem with that, that vendor is no longer my vendor.

I do have the ability to talk and drive. I can chew gum and walk at the same time.

I just don't want to be on my phone when some idiot hits me.

4 hours ago, fedup said:

First off I only respond to a text. That text has to be work related. I respond while I am setting at a traffic light that takes forever to change. If I can't text what I need to say, I wait for the next red light.

If it is a phone call that I need to answer from one of my vendors I tell them to hang on until I can pull over out of the way of traffic. If that vendor has a problem with that, that vendor is no longer my vendor.

I do have the ability to talk and drive. I can chew gum and walk at the same time.

I just don't want to be on my phone when some idiot hits me.

I applaud you for that because I literally see people all of the time texting while driving. I do get tired of sitting in traffic lights or stops signs for extended periods of time because they are looking at their phone instead of paying attention to the traffic control device. 

2 hours ago, DuB814 said:

I applaud you for that because I literally see people all of the time texting while driving. I do get tired of sitting in traffic lights or stops signs for extended periods of time because they are looking at their phone instead of paying attention to the traffic control device. 

I get very irritated waiting behind people after the light turns green who are texting at traffic lights also.  When this happens, I honk my horn.  I also get upset when someone is swerving back and forth in front of me due to texting!!!

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this