GoDuBois.com
etink3908

Old sub shops in dubois

50 minutes ago, etink3908 said:

Where was sids? Did we have a sids? Not sure why that sticks out to me so much 

Yes, we had a Sids.  Wasn't it in the same spot as Original Hoagie?  Not sure which one was there first.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

1 hour ago, jaman said:

I was a regular at Original Hoagie. They were awesome. I sure miss them.

When I worked in DuBois , every Friday all of us Guys /Gals ordered Hoagies from Original Hoagie. Had them delivered to the Plant. SO GOOD. I miss them to this day.

No One will come here,,At Night ,,In the Dark

45 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Sid also opened Hooligans where Pappy`s was at the Mall.  

Did not know that-Sid's Subs were great, Hooligans was alright for the nightlife and I never quite figured out what Pappy's was supposed to be!  Pizza or what?

What was the strange bar/restaurant in the building where The Arena was (there was also a short lived Chinese eatery in there)?

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

25 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Did not know that-Sid's Subs were great, Hooligans was alright for the nightlife and I never quite figured out what Pappy's was supposed to be!  Pizza or what?

What was the strange bar/restaurant in the building where The Arena was (there was also a short lived Chinese eatery in there)?

Nickelodeon (I think they gave out free popcorn.)

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Nickelodeon (I think they gave out free popcorn.)

Yes, free popcorn and peanuts, worked there while getting through school. Cleaning that up was a total pita  :)

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Did not know that-Sid's Subs were great

The canadian bacon, toasted with hot pepper relish was my favorite sub OF ALL TIME. I tried it again in Clearfield around 8 years ago and it wasn't even close to the sub made by Sarge in Dubois. Sarge passed away a few years ago. Sarge bought Sids and ran it himself with his wife for about 6 years or so.

4 hours ago, mr.d said:

Sids Subs was at corner of West Long and Main Street,  Now located on South 2nd Street in Clearfield near Hyde light, Octagon Shaped Building.

You're correct on the name, but I'm not sure that there is/was any affiliation between the two. And, if there was a connection, I don't know of any place that made such vastly different subs at two locations under the same banner of ownership.

I was a long-time connoisseur of the one on Main and Long when Sarge and his wife were there (I never knew or bothered to ask if he owned it or just ran the place) and it only me a single order from the one in Clearfield to recognize that it wasn't just a subtle difference.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

1 minute ago, Pompeii said:

The canadian bacon, toasted with hot pepper relish was my favorite sub OF ALL TIME. I tried it again in Clearfield around 8 years ago and it wasn't even close to the sub made by Sarge in Dubois. Sarge passed away a few years ago. Sarge bought Sids and ran it himself with his wife for about 6 years or so.

You beat me by less than a minute. :D

8 hours ago, etink3908 said:

Having a debate with a friend. What was the name of the sub shop that used to be on Brady street in the late 80s. Or the name of the one at the corner of main and west long

Can you narrow the spot on Brady? The only place that comes to mind is when Tasta Pizza moved to the former Sheetz building on the corner of Brady and Dixon in Sandy Twp. that's now a pharmacy. That could have been the early 90s.

18 minutes ago, Vader said:

Can you narrow the spot on Brady? The only place that comes to mind is when Tasta Pizza moved to the former Sheetz building on the corner of Brady and Dixon in Sandy Twp. that's now a pharmacy. That could have been the early 90s.

My friend was thinking the place was where sheetz currently sits. Believes that building was torn down when sheetz built 

3 hours ago, Borninabarn said:

I often think about the place in Sandy at the light... early 70's it's where the vacuum place is or was.. red brick building. .. had pizza and pinball games

Larson’s.... I use to go in there as a kid

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.