GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Victoria's Secret Plans To Shut Down At Least 53 Stores

Victoria's Secret plans to shut down at least 53 stores

The lingerie store giant said it would be shutting down operations at least 53 stores. Company officials cited a “decline in performance” as the reason behind the closings, according to Business Insider.
Photo by Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The lingerie store giant said it would be shutting down operations at least 53 stores. Company officials cited a “decline in performance” as the reason behind the closings, according to Business Insider.
SOURCE: Photo by Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images

Victoria's Secret plans to shut down at least 53 stores

Victoria’s Secret announced this week it plans to close dozens of its stores by the end of the year.

The lingerie store giant's officials said it would be shutting down at least 53 stores. The locations of these stores have not been announced yet. Company officials cited a “decline in performance” as the reason behind the closings, according to Business Insider.

The move would shrink the company's square footage in North America about 3 percent, according to Bloomberg.

Victoria's Secret, owned by L Brands, is still the biggest player in the lingerie business, but it has bled market share lately. The company has lost 3.8 million customers over the two past years to rivals such as Amazon and Aerie, according to an estimate from Neil Saunders, analyst at GlobalData Retail, according to CNN.

L Brands' forecast for 2019 disappointed Wall Street, sending its stock down 7 percent in early trading Thursday. It has plunged more than 40 percent in the past year.

"We are taking a fresh, hard look at everything in the business," Burgdoefer said of planned changes to fix Victoria's Secret. Victoria's Secret still has more than 950 stores in the United States.

Aerie officials reported a 32 percent increase in its third quarter, according to Business Insider.

On Monday, Target officials announced its new bra and underwear brand for women and teenage girls called Auden. Its bras will cost $22 and under.

CNN reports other retailers, including Walmart and Best Buy, have performed strongly in recent months, as well. And the economy is strong. But Victoria's Secret and its teen brand, PINK, have struggled.

At the end of 2018, the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show took a hit on ratings, tanking to 3.3 million viewers from 5 million in previous years, according to data sent to Business Insider from the ABC network.

The company did not rule out ending the fashion show or using more inclusive marketing. But shifting its identity could prove difficult, said Janine Stichter, analyst at Jefferies.

"People identify Victoria's Secret with what it's been for the last 20 years — very sexy and airbrushed models," she said. "If they were going to pivot now, I don't think it would come off as authentic. They don't have a great option."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         https://www.wtae.com/article/victoria-secret-plans-to-shut-down-at-least-53-stores/26570273

OH NO, say it ain't so, Joe.

Where are the creepers going to go to pretend they are buying something for their hot wives?

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

I wear an XL in their lingerie hoodies.  Every time I would go to their stores out of town, I would look for a cute hoodie in that size.  Well, either they were picked over, or they just don't make many XL's.  Even in the ones I found, the styles available weren't nearly as cute as the smaller sized ones.  So, they just don't seem to cater to us "normal sized" girls!  Maybe that's some of their problem!  Make clothing for real people and see what happens!

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

16 minutes ago, Polo said:

I wear an XL in their lingerie hoodies.  Every time I would go to their stores out of town, I would look for a cute hoodie in that size.  Well, either they were picked over, or they just don't make many XL's.  Even in the ones I found, the styles available weren't nearly as cute as the smaller sized ones.  So, they just don't seem to cater to us "normal sized" girls!  Maybe that's some of their problem!  Make clothing for real people and see what happens!

Most, if not all, of their hoodies are in their PINK line which caters to teens and are sized accordingly. Anyone who isn't a teen or who wants a relaxed fit would be shopping for the L/XL which would put them in limited quantity. 

13 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Some of us creepers do have hot wives.

And my hot wife hates the stuff I've brought home from Victoria's Secret. I've decided that their hook was they figured out that men would pay outrageous prices for terribly uncomfortable undergarments that looked hot. At least they didn't have to be worn long :good:

46 minutes ago, LFG said:

And my hot wife hates the stuff I've brought home from Victoria's Secret. I've decided that their hook was they figured out that men would pay outrageous prices for terribly uncomfortable undergarments that looked hot. At least they didn't have to be worn long :good:

Well there's the problem! SHE is supposed to wear 'the stuff', NOT YOU!  No wonder it's uncomfortable! :duh::P 

1 hour ago, LFG said:

Is it my fault she can't fit into a 52-A?

Regretfully, I pictured you squeezing into a thong and push up bra...:shock1: IF you could find a 52A at VS, you MIGHT have been more comfortable.....although, I sincerely doubt that your wife would have been.....:lol: 

13661.jpeg

4 minutes ago, sapphire said:

Regretfully, I pictured you squeezing into a thong and push up bra...:shock1: If you could find a 52A at VS, you MIGHT have been more comfortable.....although, I sincerely doubt that your wife would have been.....:lol: 

13661.jpeg

You didn't think the skin so soft was just for mosquitoes, did you? 

13 hours ago, LFG said:

My gal loves VS.  Occasionally I'll take her along with me when I do field work in Cambria and/or Somerset Counties.   My job is to measure between telephone poles, or whatever else, she will pick me up at the far end so I don't have to walk back to my car, and I try to make it worthwhile for her too.   So, she'll often opt for a stop into Victoria's Secret instead of $$ for saving me some time/walking.

She likes their stuff, and far be it for me to disagree.  :) Her only complaint is that they often don't have bras big enough for her.  (another win for me ;) )

Occasionally she'll wear a corset out, as pictured below.

IMG_20161029_233539.jpg