GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
jaman

Fish Fry Run

For the last 25 years, jaman and friends every friday during Lent   if nobody is ill, hit up a benefit fish fry. Over the years we attend: St Joesph's in Force. Blessed Virgin Mary in Sykesville. Pulaski Club in Dubois. Falls Creek Eagles, Penfield Fireman's Club.  One year there was one at the Groundhog Club in Punxsy. Our fish group use to have almost 2 dozen people but due to deaths and career moves we are down to handful.  If you have a favorite benefit fry in the Tri County Area ,  church, fire company, or othe rplease let us know. Yes we have went to favorite bars ( and some of the fish was good) also but wed like to patronage community benefits.

Guest Wheezy

St. Joseph's in Force is also our favorite.  They have baked or fried haddock and also jumbo shrimp dinners. Besides the dinner which includes fries or baked potato-coleslaw or applesauce, you also get a cup of homemade potato or clam chowder soup and homemade desert.  Over the years we have tried many fish dinner and have found this to be the best.  Well worth the drive to Force.  Never have been to SO I in Brockway,  but would like to give it a try.

2 hours ago, Petee said:

Could anyone link a map to it?

Come to Brockway from Dubois. Take the left at the light toward downtown. On the corner of 7th and Main is the Fire Dept Billboard on the left. Take the right toward the football stadium. the 3rd building(Brick) on the left is SOI. Behind Keith Brothers Metal and Plumbing which is on  Main Street.

I'm sorry, I meant the church in Force.  Is that the one that looks like it's in the Alps and has a huge cemetery beside it?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, Petee said:

I'm sorry, I meant the church in Force.  Is that the one that looks like it's in the Alps and has a huge cemetery beside it?

About 4 miles north of Penfield on Bennetts Valley Hwy. It looks as you described.

No One will come here,,At Night ,,In the Dark

3 hours ago, junk said:

About 4 miles north of Penfield on Bennetts Valley Hwy. It looks as you described.

Thank you.  What are the hours?

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Guest Wheezy hours for st. Josep
14 hours ago, Petee said:

Thank you.  What are the hours?

The hours of St. Joseph's fish fry in Force are from 12:00 noon to 6:30 p.m every Friday during Lent.

1 hour ago, MIM307 said:

I think the standard 4-7ish, but not positive.  We usually try to order pick-up for 5pm.  (814) 787-4151   is the church's number.  They should be able to provide you with additional info.

Thank you.  This might be an adventure for this Friday!

Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Cacao said:

I find myself in the Pittsburgh area on various Friday evenings and have used this map.  Noticed St. Boniface in Kersey is on it.  Maybe other locations around here can get on this map too.  It's very handy.

https://codeforpittsburgh.github.io/fishfrymap/

St Boniface? Will have to get the details. THANKS.

Steve, could we do a Fish Fry Map of this area?  How about an approval section for the best ones.

Albert Einstein