GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
jaman

Fish Fry Run

We met friends at the Fish Fry in Forse tonight.  It is very well organized, and they had both fish and shrimp.  You got your drink, a choice of Potato Soup or Clam Chowder, Cole Slaw or Applesauce, rolls and butter, baked or fried fish, a baked potato or french fries, and a whole table of homemade desserts of all kinds!  I had the prettiest bread pudding I have ever seen, and the baker was sitting at the table next to us!  The pieces were huge, no skimping, and the priest came around to meet every table of people.  They were remarking on how many people came tonight, and they said they got on some kind of a list!  Gee, I wonder where that was? 

We're probably going to try the one in Kersey next Friday.  It's kind of fun to go for a ride and get dinner.  Everyone was so very friendly, and they even deliver dinners.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Petee said:

We met friends at the Fish Fry in Forse tonight.  It is very well organized, and they had both fish and shrimp.  You got your drink, a choice of Potato Soup or Clam Chowder, Cole Slaw or Applesauce, rolls and butter, baked or fried fish, a baked potato or french fries, and a whole table of homemade desserts of all kinds!  I had the prettiest bread pudding I have ever seen, and the baker was sitting at the table next to us!  The pieces were huge, no skimping, and the priest came around to meet every table of people.  They were remarking on how many people came tonight, and they said they got on some kind of a list!  Gee, I wonder where that was? 

We're probably going to try the one in Kersey next Friday.  It's kind of fun to go for a ride and get dinner.  Everyone was so very friendly, and they even deliver dinners.

Father Mark use to be for years at Sykesville Blessed Virgin mary Church. Let us know about St Boniface in kersey.

Went to the Assumption fish fry last Friday (take out).  HUGE portions for $10.  Two 10 inch pieces of battered fish, tons of crispy french fries, Mac n Cheese, Haluski, Stewed Tomatoes, Bread Roll, and cake.

It exceeded expectations.  Fish and fries were crispy and not mushy.  Mac n Cheese was very good.  Cake was moist.  Only negative, the Haluski needed more salt and pepper (this Pollock is picky with his Haluski) .  Better than too much, though.  I recommend it to anyone thinking about going.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, Cacao said:

Went to the Assumption fish fry last Friday (take out).  HUGE portions for $10.  Two 10 inch pieces of battered fish, tons of crispy french fries, Mac n Cheese, Haluski, Stewed Tomatoes, Bread Roll, and cake.

It exceeded expectations.  Fish and fries were crispy and not mushy.  Mac n Cheese was very good.  Cake was moist.  Only negative, the Haluski needed more salt and pepper (this Pollock is picky with his Haluski) .  Better than too much, though.  I recommend it to anyone thinking about going.

Tomorrow is the last Fish Fry of the Lenten season at Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Sykesville.

We may have to do one more Fish Fry!  That sounds good and it certainly supports a good cause!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein