GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bub

How often do you charge your cell phone

I got a new cell phone last fall and I have been charging it to 100% every night as I had with my previous phone for 6 + years. I just read an article that this is bad for the battery life and you should only charge it to 40% to no more than 80% for best results for extended battery life. Article also said this applies to a tablet or laptop. So my question is how do you charge your devices like cell phones, tablets and laptops?

"I am the master of my unspoken words and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken"

3 minutes ago, Bub said:

I got a new cell phone last fall and I have been charging it to 100% every night as I had with my previous phone for 6 + years. I just read an article that this is bad for the battery life and you should only charge it to 40% to no more than 80% for best results for extended battery life. Article also said this applies to a tablet or laptop. So my question is how do you charge your devices like cell phones, tablets and laptops?

I never followed any of the don`t charge the battery gibberish.

Never had a battery  problem with any device 

Verizon told us the battery problem was that their 4G LTE towers arent fully functional yet. Since they arent 100% functional, to get a signal takes double the power until they are all up and running. I got a 2nd battery ready just in case the 1 st one goes bad from all the charging. they said that was safe.

I charge my cell every night to 100% and have never had a problem with any of my phones' batteries. If I only charged to 40% I think I would constantly be charging. :(

ETA: I do shut it off (most of the time) while charging but don't know if that makes a difference or not. It's just my time to disconnect from the world. ;)

There are conflicting ideas I guess.  Just got off chat with my cell provider and they said it is better to not let the battery get to low before charging and it was ok to charge it to 100% but not to use it while it was charging

"I am the master of my unspoken words and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken"

Last thing I do at night is plug it in no matter how high the battery is.  It's usually about 78-80 percent.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

I have drained my Droid to the point it shuts down many times. I also charge it overnight, every night.

Knock on wood, this battery has lasted about 3 years. Best I have had since my first phone. Most only lasted 2 years.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

I have always had Motorola cell phones and always charged them full every night. My last phone was seven years old and and during the final year the battery started giving out. I bought a Kyocera military spec phone this time with non replaceable battery and for the past several months charged it to full every night and will probably continue to do that. I did read however you should not use phone while it is charging and I have been guilty of that many times in the past can't understand why that would be a problem!

4 hours ago, Bub said:

I have always had Motorola cell phones and always charged them full every night. My last phone was seven years old and and during the final year the battery started giving out. I bought a Kyocera military spec phone this time with non replaceable battery and for the past several months charged it to full every night and will probably continue to do that. I did read however you should not use phone while it is charging and I have been guilty of that many times in the past can't understand why that would be a problem!

My husband had a Motorola flip phone for 10 years.  It was dropped in water and dried out in rice twice. I finally made him get a new one because he travels so far for work and I wanted him to have something new.  Long story short a friend of ours need a replacement phone until he got a new one so he has been using it for last 2 months he said he is going to keep using it until it totally dies.  This phone is just a freak. Lol. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this