GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Police Warn Of Phone Scam In Jefferson County

Police warn of phone scam in Jefferson County

Police in Jefferson County have issued a warning about a phone scam in which the caller is asking for donations. (WJAC)

Police in Jefferson County have issued a warning about a phone scam in which the caller is asking for donations.

The Punxsutawney Police Department says several residents have been receiving phone calls.

They say someone is asking for monetary donations to support your local police department.

Police say they are not associated with the caller and would not call to ask for donations.

They say the phone number being used in the scam is 484-664-1730.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            SEE VIDEO REPORT ;     https://wjactv.com/news/local/police-warn-of-phone-scam-in-jefferson-county

I've gotten calls from Police about collecting donations both at my home and business.  Over the years, though, we have always gotten called from the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge, based in Brookville, and as far as I know, it is legitimate.  So, what is the story?  Should I be concerned about the FOP?

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this