GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lyndsey33

Amish man sexually abuses daughters

Sicko.

MAHAFFEY — An Amish man is lodged in Clearfield County Jail and his wife is on unsecured bail on charges stemming from the alleged sexual assaults of six of eight biological daughters over a period of about 12 years.

Wallace J. Schmucker, 54, of the 200-block of Harvath Lane in Bell Township was charged on Wednesday at District Judge James Glass’ office by Punxustawney-based state police with multiple felony counts of aggravated indecent assault, endangering the welfare of children and corruption of minors; and numerous misdemeanor charges of indecent exposure and indecent His wife, Sarah A. Schmucker, 52, was charged with four felony counts of endangering the welfare of children.

According to the criminal complaint, on July 13, 2018 a report of suspected child abuse was provided to Childline and Clearfield County Children and Youth Services regarding allegations of sexual molestation by a group of biological sisters against their father.

Troopers interviewed three of Schmuckers now adult daughters, and attended the forensic interviews of three of Schmuckers minor daughters.

The oldest of the eight daughters who is now 27 told troopers that the alleged abuse began in September 2004 when she was 14. 

She said she was washing her hands in the sink next to the kitchen when her father asked if he could touch her, and he proceeded to lift her dress and touch her inappropriately. At the time, Schmucker was 40 years old.

About a month later, the victim said her father “dropped his pants” in her presence to reveal his private area.

The second-oldest daughter, now 25, told troopers when she was 13, she was in the washroom of the house when her father allegedly pulled up her dress and touched her inappropriately for about 15 minutes. 

She told police that “it made her feel sad that her dad would do something like that.” At the time, she said Schmucker was between 41 and 43 years old.

She told troopers that he touched her six or seven total times until she turned 15, at which time the molestation stopped. The incidents allegedly occurred in the washroom, basement and kitchen. She told troopers that Schmucker liked to watch his daughters shower and he exposed himself by showing his private area at least two times.

A 24-year-old female, who is the third oldest daughter, stated in the summer or fall of 2008 when she was 14, Schmucker touched her inappropriately over her clothing as she finished using the restroom. She alleged that he touched her a second time in the same fashion and there may have been a year between the two incidents. She said after she turned 16, the molestation stopped, and her father was between 44 and 46 years old at the time.

A 17-year-old daughter was interviewed at the Child Advocacy Center and indicated the first time she was molested by her father was in his bedroom when she was 14 or 15. She said it occurred multiple times up until he was burned in a fire on Jan. 1, 2016, and that these events occurred in various locations throughout the home including the basement near the washing machine, near the canning supplies, and by the stairs. On at least one of the occasions, Wallace Schmucker placed her hand on his private area underneath his clothing. At the time of those incidents, he was between 51 and 52 years old.

Troopers interviewed Wallace Schmucker on July 20, 2018. He admitted to engaging in the conduct described by his daughters, stating “his daughters would not lie.”

Also on July 20, troopers interviewed Sarah Schmucker, the victims’ biological mother. She said that in 2004, a daughter admitted to her that her husband touched her inappropriately, and she in turn told her daughter that touchings like that were “not for people who are not married” and “that is not supposed to happen to her.” However, Sarah Schmuckers did nothing to keep her husband from molesting his daughters after being made aware of the allegations.

Additionally, Sarah Schmuckers told troopers that she became suspicious that her husband was molesting the second oldest daughter, and she was unsure as to whether she talked to the daughter about it. She said she confronted her husband about it and he admitted the allegations to his wife.

Sarah Schmucker said she and her husband agreed that she would help him pray that he could control himself in the future — but she took no action to protect her daughters from him.

More recently, Sarah Schmucker was told by one of the younger daughters in 2015 that Schmucker was trying to molest her. She told her daughter “if he tries again, you are going to tell the church elders.”

Sarah Schmuckers said she did not confront her husband about the younger girl’s allegations because she was under the impression that he did nothing more than 

attempt to molest the girl, and she did not take any action to protect her daughter.

When asked by troopers what she thought about all of these incidents between her husband and her daughters, Sarah Schmucker said, “Other than those little incidents, I’d say we had a pretty good life.”

Wallace Schmucker was arraigned on Wednesday in front of District Judge James Glass and is lodged in Clearfield County Jail on $250,000 bail.

Sarah Schmucker was arraigned also and was released on $25,000 unsecured bail.

All she had to do was let the Elders know at the first incident.  They would have dealt with him immediately and well.   The guy obviously has a sickness but at least he didn't deny it.  I think both parents will have time to try out the prayer routine again.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

< 'Sarah Schmucker said, “Other than those little incidents, I’d say we had a pretty good life".' >

'LITTLE incidents'? He assaulted (at least) 6 of his 8 daughters over a 12 year period and she essentially did nothing! :angry: WHO had a good life? SMH WOW! 

46 minutes ago, Petee said:

All she had to do was let the Elders know at the first incident.  They would have dealt with him immediately and well.   The guy obviously has a sickness but at least he didn't deny it.  I think both parents will have time to try out the prayer routine again.

The Elders would not have put him in jail and that's where he belongs. He is no different than a perverted "english" person.  He is Amish not stupid. He knew exactly what he was doing. Jerk.

29 minutes ago, sapphire said:

< 'Sarah Schmucker said, “Other than those little incidents, I’d say we had a pretty good life".' >

'LITTLE incidents'? He assaulted (at least) 6 of his 8 daughters over a 12 year period and she essentially did nothing! :angry: WHO had a good life? SMH WOW! 

Yah "little incidents"caught me too. That is no little incident.  Those girls were probably terrified anytime he went anywhere near them.

1 hour ago, Lyndsey33 said:

The Elders would not have put him in jail and that's where he belongs. He is no different than a perverted "english" person.  He is Amish not stupid. He knew exactly what he was doing. Jerk.

Actually, the Elders might well have sent him to the police to turn himself in.  They do not try to avoid the correct punishment even if it involves jail.  There was no excuse for his behavior.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

14 minutes ago, sapphire said:

Incestuous Amish pedophile in an English jail ..... karma on steroids! 

That is painting an entire culture with a too broad stick.  They do not allow bad things to happen to their children.  I'm so glad the children called the police, and they may well have been encouraged to do so by the Elders if they were told.

Amish children have a wonderful life, but every culture has Satan picking it apart somewhere.

Albert Einstein

35 minutes ago, Petee said:

That is painting an entire culture with a too broad stick.  They do not allow bad things to happen to their children.  I'm so glad the children called the police, and they may well have been encouraged to do so by the Elders if they were told.

Amish children have a wonderful life, but every culture has Satan picking it apart somewhere.

This man is an incestuous child molester who happens to be Amish. I certainly didn't suggest that all Amish men act in this manner. Child molesters are prey for inmates and I can only imagine that some will find the fact that he is a child molester AND Amish to be even more intriguing. 

ETA: If I had to place a bet, my money would be on the adult victims choosing to go to the police in an effort to protect their siblings. JMO

Amish usually have a good knowledge of their community members.  That's why it's hard to understand how he touched all of the girls without any of them saying anything.  I think the Mother was more than a little responsible for the cover-up.  It's good that they nailed her too.  Look at the Duggar family.

This is a worldwide epidemic which has lasted through the ages since the beginning of time through every religion and non-religion.  God's gift is being used to destroy people.  When did it become a curse rather than a blessing?

Women are guilty as are men, and sometimes relative children are the perpetrators. 

I was sitting at the DuBois Diner tonight and was reminded of why I will not be lured to the television.  There was some kind of a popular cartoon adult program on, and the first thing that caught my attention was a grossly fat, completely naked man, no genitals, just fat and naked.  The sound was off, but as I looked up when we were leaving, he was lying on the floor, holding a female dog which had obviously been nursing puppies, and he was fondling the dog's nipples.  That's a great thing for children to see, and also for adults to think of as humorous and for public display.  Now think back to the recent arrest of three men who had been molesting animals.  Gee, do you think they may have thought it had become "not really that important".  

When do we adults start being role models and actually teach our children about good and evil so they can defend themselves confidently?

Albert Einstein

It really doesn't matter that the family was Amish. What matters is that children were molested....in this case,  by a trusted adult. Anyone who sexually abuses a child is diabolical. That's been my stance for years and nothing that I have seen has changed my mind. In fact, it has cemented my belief that anyone who takes a child's innocence and ruins a child's life in this way, doesn't deserve to live. Assuming that castration or any other 'quick fix' will stop this behavior and/or assure the safety of children, when the problem is so much deeper than that is ludicrous. 

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Amish usually have a good knowledge of their community members.  That's why it's hard to understand how he touched all of the girls without any of them saying anything.  I think the Mother was more than a little responsible for the cover-up.  It's good that they nailed her too.  Look at the Duggar family.

This is a worldwide epidemic which has lasted through the ages since the beginning of time through every religion and non-religion.  God's gift is being used to destroy people.  When did it become a curse rather than a blessing?

Women are guilty as are men, and sometimes relative children are the perpetrators. 

I was sitting at the DuBois Diner tonight and was reminded of why I will not be lured to the television.  There was some kind of a popular cartoon adult program on, and the first thing that caught my attention was a grossly fat, completely naked man, no genitals, just fat and naked.  The sound was off, but as I looked up when we were leaving, he was lying on the floor, holding a female dog which had obviously been nursing puppies, and he was fondling the dog's nipples.  That's a great thing for children to see, and also for adults to think of as humorous and for public display.  Now think back to the recent arrest of three men who had been molesting animals.  Gee, do you think they may have thought it had become "not really that important".  

When do we adults start being role models and actually teach our children about good and evil so they can defend themselves confidently?

The Amish community isn't as clean and holy as you think they are. Easy example is head to the nearest State liquor store and watch how many Amish men and women haul put multiple bottles of liquor. Same at the local beer distributors.

7 hours ago, sapphire said:

Anyone who sexually abuses a child is diabolical. That's been my stance for years and nothing that I have seen has changed my mind. In fact, it has cemented my belief that anyone who takes a child's innocence and ruins a child's life in this way, doesn't deserve to live.

The only sure fire cure is "death therapy"  

Those who knowingly permit this aberrant behavior to continue, are as guilty as those who perpetrate the crime.  Part of another's life if taken, never to be returned and punishment, to deter, must equal or exceed the crime, occurring as swiftly as the law permits.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

2 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Well, watching tv can't be blamed on this Amish man's perverted behaviors. If someone thinks they could be persuaded to do bad things by watching t.v. then by all means they shouldn't watch it at all.

Agree!  Our "English" TV habits may make some immune to people like this!  Crimes like this cannot go unpunished.

The lamps are going out all across America and we may never see them lit again in our lifetime....

12 hours ago, Petee said:

A child should never be put into a situation where he or she has to defend themselves "confidently." A child should be protected from such horrors by the adults in his or her life. 

I do speak to my children about what to do if someone touches them inappropriately.  You can believe that I do not expect them to defend themselves from such atrocities.  That's MY JOB. To PROTECT my children.  

Both "parents" failed their daughters. If the Amish Elders were aware of the abuse and did not turn the couple into the police, they are equally to blame. Faith communities "handling" sexual abuse reports hasn't worked out so well for the victims. 

There are no excuses for sexually abusing a child. I don't care what show you watched on TV or what faith you practice. Perpetrators of sexual abuse should be held legally accountable and punished to the highest amount the law permits. 

Society can help those victims of sexual abuse by believing victims the first time they report and supporting them.  

12 hours ago, Petee said:

:goodpost:  I work with kids. And try to set that example. But when you have "Helicopter" parents who dont discipline  and reward its pretty much  tough. TV is 75% garbage anymore.

11 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

The Amish community isn't as clean and holy as you think they are. Easy example is head to the nearest State liquor store and watch how many Amish men and women haul put multiple bottles of liquor. Same at the local beer distributors.

Yes, and they also brew their own wine.  Obviously, it isn't good for them and will definitely lead to other problems such as lowered inhibitions.  They also go other places and watch TV.  THose who adhere to their community beliefs are probably going to be OK, but those who stray are finding out that their hearts and brains go too.

Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, pwacm said:

The only sure fire cure is "death therapy"  

For touching and being touched?  I'm all for a severe and lasting punishment but touching, while it can lead to other horrible actions, isn't as severe.  Note that he did not have intercourse with his children, and I would hesitate to say JUST touching, but there is a difference.  

Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Well, watching tv can't be blamed on this Amish man's perverted behaviors. If someone thinks they could be persuaded to do bad things by watching t.v. then by all means they shouldn't watch it at all.

He learned it somewhere but we will probably never know where or how.  Maybe he was "touched" by someone other than his wife.  

Albert Einstein

45 minutes ago, jaman said:

:goodpost:  I work with kids. And try to set that example. But when you have "Helicopter" parents who dont discipline  and reward its pretty much  tough. TV is 75% garbage anymore.

You are so very right!  Children learn what they see and experience, no matter who is doing the showing.  I can easily see why Homesteaders who do not allow children free rein with technology, but they use it judiciously, will probably have more disciplined children.

Albert Einstein