GoDuBois.com

MANSELL STADIUM'S NAME BEFORE 1964 ??

Made a call to somebody who's  Uncle played in the 50's.  They think it was called "Beaver Stadium".  I was thinking on the lines of Dubois Vo tech Stadium since the school was in the stadium. They also thought stadium was originally built by the  government Civilian Conservation Corp. Hopefully thats accurate and helpful.

1 hour ago, jaman said:

Made a call to somebody who's  Uncle played in the 50's.  They think it was called "Beaver Stadium".  I was thinking on the lines of Dubois Vo tech Stadium since the school was in the stadium. They also thought stadium was originally built by the  government Civilian Conservation Corp. Hopefully thats accurate and helpful.

Thank you !

Yes---it was a 1939-completed project of the WPA......

For the first 6 years it was called "DHS Stadium" by the local paper(1930-35)……….

In the 1940s-50s the local paper nicknamed it the "Beaver Bowl"...…….

Will keep searching.....appreciate your help !

13 hours ago, conservativeman633 said:

Thank you !

Yes---it was a 1939-completed project of the WPA......

For the first 6 years it was called "DHS Stadium" by the local paper(1930-35)……….

In the 1940s-50s the local paper nicknamed it the "Beaver Bowl"...…….

Will keep searching.....appreciate your help !

I saw an article from the 1950's. It was a football all star game at "Beaver Stadium" Dubois Pa. Go to Dubois Courier Express Archives November 15, 1950 pg 2.  I beleive you will get your answer. :) I ran out of the 4 free searches I got before I could access this without subscription. I enjoy local sports history.