GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Shots Fired In Ridgway Bar

Shots fired at a local Elk County bar

dd56bfe4-ec04-43f4-8dea-26eb4af6a568-lar
Shots fired at a local Elk County bar. (MGN)
facebook.svgtwitter.svgemail.svg

UPDATE:

The Elk County Coroner Michelle Muccio-Krise released information on the incident in Elk County.

Muccio-Krise said a 42-year-old male was involved in a shooting at Cully's bar in Ridgway. He was trasnported to Penn Highlands Elk for his injuries and was pronounced dead around 5 a.m.

Muccio-Krise said the cause of death was multiple gunshot wounds to the abdomen and chest.

Officials said the investigation is continuing and an autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

ORIGINAL STORY:

Police responded to a call about shots fired in Elk County.

A man identifying himself as the owner of Cully’s bar in Ridgway told 6 News that the incident took place late Saturday night.

On the phone, he said surveillance footage showed a man approach another man in the bar and take what looked like a swing at him. Then, a couple of shots were heard. The bar owner told 6 News that a man was injured and was taken to the hospital and the other man was arrested.

The Elk County Coroner’s Office said a release on the incident will be available soon, and that the coroner was called, but not called to the bar.

Stay with 6 News as we continue to bring you the latest details.                           https://wjactv.com/news/local/shots-fired-at-a-local-elk-county-bar                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

A reliable source says the incident happened as a result of a woman allegedly seeing another man.  Whether she was already broken up or divorced from the shooter, I don't know.  Surely won't be the first time and won't be the last.  So sad.  Will probably be a crime of passion, unless there had been threats prior.  It'll all come out soon, I'm sure.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

1 hour ago, Polo said:

A reliable source says the incident happened as a result of a woman allegedly seeing another man.  Whether she was already broken up or divorced from the shooter, I don't know.  Surely won't be the first time and won't be the last.  So sad.  Will probably be a crime of passion, unless there had been threats prior.  It'll all come out soon, I'm sure.

Fortunately in PA, there is no crime of passion exemption.

I'll never understand the person who was cheated on taking out their rage on the person who was 'seeing' their significant other. Unless they were kidnapped, their 'whatever' (wife, husband, GF, BF, significant other, etc) was willingly participating too. And do they really want someone they can't trust back in their life?  :duh: It's certainly not worth killing someone over. Let it go and move on! SMH

1 hour ago, dubois_15801 said:

Specifically, as such, no. However, if I recall correctly, it would likely be a, if not the, key factor in the determination between first- and third-degree murder changes provided there was no premeditation. 

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

3 hours ago, sapphire said:

I'll never understand the person who was cheated on taking out their rage on the person who was 'seeing' their significant other. Unless they were kidnapped, their 'whatever' (wife, husband, GF, BF, significant other, etc) was willingly participating too. And do they really want someone they can't trust back in their life?  :duh: It's certainly not worth killing someone over. Let it go and move on! SMH

Disclaimer:  I'm not condoning harm to ex-significant others.

More often than not, that anger is taken out on the wrong person.  However just explaining that if you have a beef with someone, for the most part the 3rd party isn't guilty(unless they knowingly were party to events where the cheater was attached to someone).  

If the breakup occurred prior to 3rd party involvement, then there can be no arguable excuse.

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Specifically, as such, no. However, if I recall correctly, it would likely be a, if not the, key factor in the determination between first- and third-degree murder changes provided there was no premeditation. 

Possibly, but unlikely.   The DA will probably charge with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and voluntary manslaughter and allow the jury to convict which they feel is appropriate. 

6 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Thanks for the info.  This must have been a change in more recent years, though, because I remember of a student where I went to college who killed someone, perhaps her husband? in a crime of passion, and she served her time, then was released on parole and went on with her life.  I know her sentence was based on the "crime of passion."  This was in PA, and was a publicized case near our area.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

14 minutes ago, Polo said:

Thanks for the info.  This must have been a change in more recent years, though, because I remember of a student where I went to college who killed someone, perhaps her husband? in a crime of passion, and she served her time, then was released on parole and went on with her life.  I know her sentence was based on the "crime of passion."  This was in PA, and was a publicized case near our area.

You can pretty much argue any justification in court, but whether it helps is debatable.   The Common Law system allows for differing levels of punishment, suitable to the crime that took place.  Unlike Civil Law where X crime get X punishment regardless of the circumstances. 

The perp could argue crime of passion, but that doesn't make him innocent of the crime.    If the shooter was the initial aggressor, he is toast.    The moment you approach another person causing physical hostilities you pretty much lose all legal justification(certain exceptions).