GoDuBois.com

Black Eyed Susan Vine

2 hours ago, lavender said:

Hey steelnut,  these pictures are from Hanzely's greenhouse. Here are your black eyed Susan vines. Note the white ones. I've had mixed colors but don't remember ever having seen a white one. 

60103437_1159728767533218_2631102832454926336_n.jpg

60295840_1159728894199872_3961942051628515328_n.jpg

Thank you so much Lavender. I'll go out tomorrow. And I will threaten hubby dire straits if he dares to get rid of them again without saving the seeds. :)

Edited: I forgot, I've had all colors in the past including white. I've been told that you don't know what color you'll get, I love them all!

Good luck with them! I'm back to using the ornamental sweet potatoes in the downtown pots. The black eyed Susan vines wanted to climb rather than dangle. They are pretty though. 

They aren't my pictures but are from Hanzely's facebook page. Some nice picture there. 

On 5/11/2019 at 9:22 PM, lavender said:

Good luck with them! I'm back to using the ornamental sweet potatoes in the downtown pots. The black eyed Susan vines wanted to climb rather than dangle. They are pretty though. 

They aren't my pictures but are from Hanzely's facebook page. Some nice picture there. 

I fell in love with the sweet potato vines too, I make a hanging basket of them every year for the middle of our gazebo. I just freaking so love spring time and planting and watching everything grow! And I wanted to say a big thank you to you for all of the help you've given me over the years, so very much appreciated! :)

3 hours ago, steelnut said:

I fell in love with the sweet potato vines too, I make a hanging basket of them every year for the middle of our gazebo. I just freaking so love spring time and planting and watching everything grow! And I wanted to say a big thank you to you for all of the help you've given me over the years, so very much appreciated! :)

Now that they have the sweet potato vines that don't form tubers they are easier to grow in smaller pots. I kind of liked having the tubers to save for the next season but they did take up a lot of room. This is one of the Brady St. lot pots with a red one. I think I got it from Ted Lyons.

pot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SO pretty! So far, so good with all of my flower beds. We dug up a large boxful of black eyed Susans for dil on Friday, they're spreading so much and got out of control.

I don't have my veggie garden completed yet, if it would just stop raining for a few days :)

1 hour ago, steelnut said:

SO pretty! So far, so good with all of my flower beds. We dug up a large boxful of black eyed Susans for dil on Friday, they're spreading so much and got out of control.

I don't have my veggie garden completed yet, if it would just stop raining for a few days :)

Black eyed Susans and coneflowers are great if you have a large area to fill. They are a major pain in a small bed. Tell me about the rain! I have lettuce ready but it is growing far from the garden gate  and requires slogging through a sea of mud to reach. Got all of the spring crops planted but waiting for some dry weather to put in the tomatoes and the summer stuff. Hope everything doesn't rot like it did last year.