GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
BigT

Joint Municipal Building

57 minutes ago, Vader said:

If I went around saying that I was an emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

I’ll tell you what’s wrong with you… your heads addled with novels and poems. You come home every evening reeling of Chateau le Tour.””

41 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

:popcorn:

Stick around long enough and you'll get LFG to quote the entire movie. It's like Cartman with Styx's 'Come Sail Away'. Prompt him with the first few lines and he'll have to sing it all.

"Be still, my fingers, be still" - fedup

11 minutes ago, LFG said:

You are all in terrible peril 

I thought I escaped the quoters of all things Monty when I graduated college.  I just never understood the fascination with lame British humor by the American college male student.  It really amounts to nothing more than a male bonding ritual among the guys that can't get girls((I would use a less socially acceptable term, but I am being polite.) Let's face it, the surest way to end a date is to start quoting Monty Python movies....

Maybe if i offer you guys a wafer- thin mint.....

1 hour ago, Illiterate said:

I thought I escaped the quoters of all things Monty when I graduated college.  I just never understood the fascination with lame British humor by the American college male student.  It really amounts to nothing more than a male bonding ritual among the guys that can't get girls((I would use a less socially acceptable term, but I am being polite.) Let's face it, the surest way to end a date is to start quoting Monty Python movies....

My mom introduced me to The Holy Grail :arghh:

I blow my nose at you

15 hours ago, lavender said:

I’ll tell you what’s wrong with you… your heads addled with novels and poems. You come home every evening reeling of Chateau le Tour.””

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

On 5/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, Petee said:

That's true, but normally the township doesn't go hunting for trouble unless they get a complaint.  Zoning regulations have been here for most of my adult life, but I remember when they were instituted.  This stuff is inevitable, but why cause a hubbub for anyone if it isn't necessary?  Common sense, well thought, carefully instituted changes will work for everyone, but a consolidation would really rock some people's boats and cause social commotion?.  Why not just take it slowly and make the changes appropriately as needed?  Other than lining some people's pockets and egos, the same thing will happen, just peacefully.  

Lining pockets and egos are probably the primary reasons consolidation has not occurred.

3 hours ago, Illiterate said:

“And now for something completely different" if it should so please the resident shrubberies?

I think the attraction of British humor is that it is only funny in the delivery. I don't think that anyone not British could pull it off. Anyway I prefer Dr. Who in most of his manifestations. 

39 minutes ago, lavender said:

“And now for something completely different" if it should so please the resident shrubberies?

I think the attraction of British humor is that it is only funny in the delivery. I don't think that anyone not British could pull it off. Anyway I prefer Dr. Who in most of his manifestations. 

My enjoyment of Dr. Who depended entirely on my manifestation at the time of viewing

5 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I really didn't care for the majority of Monty Python. I found most of the humor to be dry and lethargic. However, there was just something about the Holy Grail. A certain 'je ne sais quoi' if you will.

I can already hear the bars of 'Come Sail Away' playing for someone...:D 

4 hours ago, LFG said:

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

18 minutes ago, LFG said:

I apologize, it's out of my system now. Carry on :lol:

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

2 hours ago, Vader said:

I really didn't care for the majority of Monty Python. I found most of the humor to be dry and lethargic. However, there was just something about the Holy Grail. A certain 'je ne sais quoi' if you will.

I can already hear the bars of 'Come Sail Away' playing for someone...:D 

The vast majority of Monty Python was intolerable, but there were 3 classics. Here they are, in order:

1. The Holy Grail

2. The Life of Brian (Which may explain my take on religion)

3. The dead parrot

Ok, I pulled this link to show how funny Monty Python could be, and I watched it again. I'm beginning to think that my enjoyment of Monty Python in my youth may have been prefaced by some slightly illegal debauchery :lol:

1 hour ago, Vader said:

I guess it depends on how often you can fill that prescription. Or if you know a guy that knows a guy.

Just claim of forgetting all the Python quotes gives you high anxiety.  The should be reason enough to get your official and legal 'medical marijuana' card.   On second thought, still quoting them well into adulthood should be reason enough.....