GoDuBois.com

Flea and Tick Meds

Petee

It's best to buy quality treatments for your pets, but avoid the vet!  We bought a summers worth of treatments for two large dogs for $274.  I told them then that I might be returning it if I found it cheaper.  Well, I checked Chewy, and saved $146.  That wasn't even with a coupon, and it's the identical same manufacturer and medication.  The Bravecto was even higher.

Now I'm wondering if I should shop around for prices for vet care.  We have just taken our lumps and avoided the vet whenever possible because sometimes there simply isn't enough money.  

Maybe if it wasn't such a huge cost, more people would give good homes to rescued dogs.

I checked around for a vet for my livestock and dogs. Huge price difference and I was still very satisfied with the care my animals received. $40 for an after hours farm call by one vet compared to $100 + mileage that another vet wanted. Similar comparison when I've had dogs that needed porcupine quills removed. One vet charged $160 to remove quills and the staff acted like I did it to the poor dog, next time another vet charged $100 and the staff was very sympathetic to me and the dogs.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, blueangel said:

I checked around for a vet for my livestock and dogs. Huge price difference and I was still very satisfied with the care my animals received. $40 for an after hours farm call by one vet compared to $100 + mileage that another vet wanted. Similar comparison when I've had dogs that needed porcupine quills removed. One vet charged $160 to remove quills and the staff acted like I did it to the poor dog, next time another vet charged $100 and the staff was very sympathetic to me and the dogs.

Did you find one vet that was more reasonable for just routine dog care?