GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Hershey's Is Changing Their Iconic Chocolate Bars

Big changes are coming to Hershey’s chocolate bars this summer. For the first time in their 125-year history, those delectable chocolate squares are getting a new look. While the outer wrapper has seen a lot of changes over more than a century—the first version of Hershey’s classic block letters on a brown background appeared in 1912—the inner milk chocolate bar has looked the same since it was first sold to the public in 1900. Over the decades, squares of milk chocolate with “Hershey’s” etched into the center have become iconic. But this summer, Hershey’s will be selling a new version of their milk chocolate bars for the first time ever. Image courtesy of Hershey's© Provided by Meredith Corporation Image courtesy of Hershey's
Instead of the logo in the center of each square, Hershey’s is featuring some of the most popular emojis carved into rich chocolate. This summer, you’ll be able to bite into chocolate bars featuring 25 different emojis, including the smiley face, heart eyes, winking face, peace sign, and thumbs up. You’ll be able to find a few wackier emojis to snap off and share too, including the Vulcan salute emoji, the ghost emoji, and a cowboy hat-wearing smiley face. According to a Hershey's press release, each emoji stamped into the chocolate was carefully chosen by parents and kids to feature meanings that would help spark conversations.
a close up of a logo: Image courtesy of Hershey's© Provided by Meredith Corporation Image courtesy of Hershey's
The 25 emojis will be featured across six emoji packaging designs, and you’ll be able to find them in the standard bar size, snack size bag, and five-pack snack sizes. But don’t worry, Hershey’s isn’t changing over to emojis forever. These fun new chocolate bars will only be available for a limited time through the summer. Related: 4 Health Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolate While Hershey’s has been around for 125 years—Milton S. Hershey first introduced Hershey’s cocoa to the world in 1894—their milk chocolate bars were first developed and sold to the public in 1900. Other popular Hershey’s products were then developed through the years, with Hershey’s Kisses arriving in 1907, and chocolate syrup being sold in stores in 1926. The milk chocolate bars have been sold in 18 different wrappers throughout the years, but 2019 is the first time the actual bar is getting a fun new (temporary) design.

Related video: Weird new Hershey's flavors: See Hoda and KLG try barbecue PayDay bars [provided by Today]                                                                                                                                                                 SEE PICTURES , RELATED VIDEO  ;    http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/hersheys-is-changing-their-iconic-chocolate-bars-for-the-first-time-in-125-years/ar-AABlOJc?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

2 hours ago, Lupara said:

Its working. They've sparked the conversation already.:sarcastic:

True.  But does that conversation equate into sales of Hershey bars?  Probably not.  In fact, the negative feedback is probably helping the consumer switch to a competitive brand or an all together different snack. 

17 minutes ago, Bon said:

Pretty sad if you need a candy bar to spark a conversation within your house.

Now if they were making drastic changes or cutting back production of Reese's Cups that maybe a very serious issue to consider. Don't get me wrong I like Hershey Chocolate Bar, but I like Reese Cups better.

15 hours ago, Cacao said:

True.  But does that conversation equate into sales of Hershey bars?  Probably not.  In fact, the negative feedback is probably helping the consumer switch to a competitive brand or an all together different snack. 

Not me. I don't care about the change. I won't switch from Hersheys. 

2 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Not me. I don't care about the change. I won't switch from Hersheys. 

You're not their target.  You're considered a "base consumer", they really want "incremental consumers" here and usually get them through promotions & innovation.  It's a growth driver.  Trick is to convert those incremental consumers into base consumers.  

3 hours ago, mr.d said:

Now if they were making drastic changes or cutting back production of Reese's Cups that maybe a very serious issue to consider. Don't get me wrong I like Hershey Chocolate Bar, but I like Reese Cups better.

Clark bars rule!  Boyer has brought them back.  The also are now making Clark Bar cups, which also includes those point cards.....

I like Reese Cups, but Clark Bar cups just blow them out of the water....

15 hours ago, Dobby said:

Why f'up a good thing? How bout having them wrapped in Hershey PA & not China!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, jaman said:

Are these the chocolate bars that are being made in MEXICO?

No, individual Hershey bars are produced in the US.  They are produced at the West Hershey plant in Hershey (same with Kisses).  China's plant does not produce product sold in the US...they produce for Asia and South Pacific.  The Mexico plant mainly produces the higher piece items (i.e. Halloween packs, bags of Reese's,).

22 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Clark bars rule!  Boyer has brought them back.  The also are now making Clark Bar cups, which also includes those point cards.....

I like Reese Cups, but Clark Bar cups just blow them out of the water....

Also like the Zagnut bar.  Matter of fact anything that is peanut butte.

19 minutes ago, mr.d said:

Also like the Zagnut bar.  Matter of fact anything that is peanut butte.

LFGal bought some of those Reese's Pieces Eggs at Easter, I eat those dadgum things by the handful. I can sit down with a glass of cold milk and eat a whole bag. Just thinking about them I start sweating and shaking...

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, LFG said:

LFGal bought some of those Reese's Pieces Eggs at Easter, I eat those dadgum things by the handful. I can sit down with a glass of cold milk and eat a whole bag. Just thinking about them I start sweating and shaking...

giphy.gif

Sounds like you have become an addict.

5 minutes ago, LFG said:

The Reese's Pieces are too small to do that to me, but those aigs pack a punch :lol:

Now if you could only get your hens to start laying them! Wait....maybe if you brought in a male Easter bunny?:dance:

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"