GoDuBois.com
mr.d

High School Junior Makes A Dress For His Prom Date Because She Could Not Afford Dream Gown

High school junior makes a dress for his prom date because she couldn't afford her dream gown

a person in a wedding dress: Incredible: Parker Smith is a junior at Pendleton Heights High School in Pendleton, Indiana. He made his date, Addi Rust, a prom dress for the evening© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Incredible: Parker Smith is a junior at Pendleton Heights High School in Pendleton, Indiana. He made his date, Addi Rust, a prom dress for the evening

A high schooler who never knew how to sew decided to make his date's dream prom dress for the dance. 

The decision for junior Parker Smith to make his date's dress for their prom at Pendleton Heights High School in Pendleton, Indiana, came after senior Addi Rust found the perfect dress — but it was too expensive. 

In February, she jokingly said, 'Parker, why don’t you just make my prom dress!', Fox 59 reports. 

Parker thought about the request and decided he actually wanted to attempt to make the dress for his date. 

'You know what, I think I could actually make your prom dress,' he told Addi.  

The high schooler then worked on the dress for months by teaching himself to sew and seeking out helpful tips from his grandmother. Often he would remake parts of the dress multiple times to get the sections perfect. 

a blue dress: Starting point: During the entire process, Parker confessed to making some sections of the dress multiple times to get them perfect© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Starting point: During the entire process, Parker confessed to making some sections of the dress multiple times to get them perfect

'I’m such a perfectionist that I was up adding more stones to the dress even the night before prom,' Parker told the news site. 

The finished dress was a blue ball gown Addi was able to twirl in when attending prom with Parker. 

a woman standing in a park: Cute: Both Parker and Addi shared pictures online to show everyone how the dress turned out© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Cute: Both Parker and Addi shared pictures online to show everyone how the dress turned out a couple of people that are standing in the grass: Off to the ball! Parker wore a light gray suit to match Addi's blue ball gown for the evening© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Off to the ball! Parker wore a light gray suit to match Addi's blue ball gown for the evening

During the entire creation process, Addi was aware of what the dress would look like through each step. But she confessed to the news site to tearing up when Parker brought over the outfit ahead of prom. 

Addi praised her date on Twitter after the prom for going to such lengths to make her the perfect dress for the dance. 

a screenshot of a cell phone: Impressed: Addi raved about her best friend and commended him on being able to make the dress from scratch© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Impressed: Addi raved about her best friend and commended him on being able to make the dress from scratch

'Taking a minute to brag on this man because I think this is the coolest thing that I’ve ever been a part of,' Addi wrote online. 

'Parker MADE my prom dress. Straight from scratch did the whole thing and I am still speechless. I’m so lucky to have him as my best friend!' 

Her post featured their prom pictures, including one of her twirling the large skirt of the dress to show off the incredible outfit. 

Parker also shared pictures on his own Twitter to let people know about the dress he decided to make for his date. 

a screenshot of a cell phone: Talented: Parker said he intends to study costume design and musical theatre when attending college with the goal to become a Broadway costume designer© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Talented: Parker said he intends to study costume design and musical theatre when attending college with the goal to become a Broadway costume designer

'Quite a journey, but the first thing I’ve ever sewn (a prom dress) has been finished, just in time for the ball,' he wrote. 'Not only did I get the honor of being the Prince Charming to the beautiful @AddiRust, but her fairy godmother as well, haha! I’m so thankful for her. (From scratch).'

The dates played up the idea of Parker being the Prince Charming to Addi as they pretended to have him slip her white heel on her foot for one of the prom pictures, mirroring that of Cinderella. 

a person standing next to a fence: Reenactment: Parker said he felt like Addi's Prince Charming after he was able to create the ball gown of her dreams for the prom© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Reenactment: Parker said he felt like Addi's Prince Charming after he was able to create the ball gown of her dreams for the prom a person in a blue dress: Fancy: The dress creation started in February so Parker would have enough time© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Fancy: The dress creation started in February so Parker would have enough time

The entire experience has now inspired Parker to create more dresses from scratch. 

He intends to study costume design and musical theater when attending college with the goal to become a Broadway costume designer.                                                                                                                    SEE PICTURES, RELATED VIDEO  ;    http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/high-school-junior-makes-a-dress-from-his-prom-date-because-she-couldnt-afford-her-dream-gown/ar-AABlQkX?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

4 hours ago, Dobby said:

WoW who raised this young man?

The article doesn’t say, but does say he asked his grandmother for advice or help with certain parts of the dress. He is going to college to be a costume designer. Remember his name, we might be seeing it in the future!!