GoDuBois.com

18 hours ago, m michelle said:

FALSECreek, No one was walked out the door... that is the facts!

" Placed on Leave then " ...........we shall see -what we see , as I said all content is subject to dis-agreement ........if I rescind the facts after the media does , so be it . have a good day ya`ll .

On 6/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, Illiterate said:

Based on a relative's recent experience, it depends on how the money was spent.  If spent on needed medical care/necessities, it is unlikely to count against you.  In their case, some of the money the parents got from the house was spent on remolding. Handicap access (ramp, bathroom handicap access, handrails, etc) was not counted.  However, the money spent on other things (windows, carpet, and the like) was counted.

I agree if you have substantial assets, you should have to spend down your assets before state aid takes over.  Your are right in that I, as a taxpayer, should nopt be on the hook just so children and relatives can receive an inheritance.  Although, I would allow for money set aside to fund a child's  or grandchild's college tuition.  Unspent tuition is then the property of the state (so as wealthy grandparents don't try bequeathing $500,000 for each of their grandchildren  to avoid it having to be used for nursing home care!)

I think most just 'quote' the last entry that sparked them to reply.  That is generally how I do it.  Not actual targeting of a specific poster, in most cases.  Heck, most times, I am only vaguely aware of the name of the poster when I reply.

Be very careful, under PA Law Nursing Homes can still come after children to pay any costs.  Just hope that the nursing home you select will  be nice and not. Also, another scenerio is what if a family member has taken the responsibility of caretaking(Parent) for a couple of years  with what quality they do have left to the point they then have to send them to a nursing home..  Sacrificing their life for the benefit of the elderly family member. Are we saying they deserve nothing for the years of sacrifice they made when  that  person is deceased if the deceased wants to bequeath them a little ? And Im not talking about wealthy or even high middle class families. That is why Home Hospice is becoming very popular. If you can "handle" them dying in your home.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, YourBoy said:

They shouldn't. And that's why they have the lookback period as well.  

Anyone that is concerned about this should look into the newer life insurance policies that contain conversion ability to be long term care insurance. 

Good advice if you do it before 45 unless you are a millionaire to pay the big premium at a later date..   Ive talked to 3 people in the field about it. Otherwise its not financially feasible. 

A note on "caregivers"...  If you are NOT the spouse of a person on Medicaid, there is a provision by which the caregiver can be paid by Medicaid for the care given.  Since this is a state-administered function, I'm sure the rules vary by state, but I'd look into it.

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

On 6/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, YourBoy said:

They shouldn't. And that's why they have the lookback period as well.  

Anyone that is concerned about this should look into the newer life insurance policies that contain conversion ability to be long term care insurance. 

the " lookback " may include the financial records of CKM and ag-fair both.......I hope so to clear this up........something other than the ag=barns does`nt smell good !

When this is all settled we will still not know all of the real facts.  Most of what the public thinks we know will be based on information repeated numerous times by people who can't stop themselves from repeating things they heard vs things they actually know.  It's human nature and small town gossip at its worst.

What is the governance structure of CKM?  Essentially, if you have nobody there, what is the interest you have in the place other than taxpayer support, if there is any?  If you have someone there, is their care what is expected and necessary?  If so, then isn't your interest just that the care continues at the same or higher standard?  In short, shouldn't the governance structure itself be taking care of administrative and personnel issues within the laws governing the operation of such facilities?

Is there a reason to suspect nefarious conduct on anyone's part?

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana

The patients are not in danger, everyone is getting paid, all is normal there except for the past financial question.

Why not let it drop till an answer is provided?  I'm sure that the proper authorities are working on sorting it out as we speak.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, bob_rx2000 said:

A note on "caregivers"...  If you are NOT the spouse of a person on Medicaid, there is a provision by which the caregiver can be paid by Medicaid for the care given.  Since this is a state-administered function, I'm sure the rules vary by state, but I'd look into it.

:goodpost:Yes, you are correct. but you have to follow guidelines of course. Which means you have to adapt the house if needed.  That's  NO problem. But  you are open to unannounced on the spot government  inspections .  The reporting paper work is incredible. We have enough  government intrusion.  I dont want government coming in my house and telling me how to live my life and caring for my family member.  And I dont want a government aid  pay check. But some people of course abuse the program and yes, even their family member.

1 hour ago, bob_rx2000 said:

What is the governance structure of CKM?  Essentially, if you have nobody there, what is the interest you have in the place other than taxpayer support, if there is any?  If you have someone there, is their care what is expected and necessary?  If so, then isn't your interest just that the care continues at the same or higher standard?  In short, shouldn't the governance structure itself be taking care of administrative and personnel issues within the laws governing the operation of such facilities?

Is there a reason to suspect nefarious conduct on anyone's part?

There is a board of directors responsible for the "governance" of the facility. The state of course takes an interest in patient care, the maintenance of the facility, etc. There are yearly inspections. These facilities are licensed by the state.  Since the facility takes federal money Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, etc the Federal Government is involved as well. There isn't going to be any covering this up. Consider too that this is an institution that takes donations and memorial contributions. Some of them are quite large and some are not but everyone who has donated is probably interested in where there money has gone. The newsletter lists almost a page of memorial contributions every time it comes out. It is a community organization supported by the community and the catholic church which again takes donations. The interest is understandable. 

On 6/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, jaman said:

:goodpost:Yes, you are correct. but you have to follow guidelines of course. Which means you have to adapt the house if needed.  That's  NO problem. But  you are open to unannounced on the spot government  inspections .  The reporting paper work is incredible. We have enough  government intrusion.  I dont want government coming in my house and telling me how to live my life and caring for my family member.  And I dont want a government aid  pay check. But some people of course abuse the program and yes, even their family member.

So basically like HUD but all fancy?

Dobby

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

If it turns out there was just some bad business decisions  made then the board is under no obligation to release that information to the general public.

I think you will find out it was more than bad business decisions if they ever decide to make it public.