GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Brockway Seniors Say Goodbye

BROCKWAY, Pa. (EYT) – The traditional senior walk at Brockway Area Junior-Senior High School led to graduation, as the Class of 2019 said goodbye to both the high school and Brockway Area Elementary School.

A few years ago, when current Superintendent Jeff Vizza came over, the school adopted the “Senior Walk,” allowing soon-to-be graduates to traverse the halls of their old schools one last time.

IMG_20190531_195441183_BURST002.jpg

The Brockway Class of 2019 celebrates the end of their school careers.

Previous years have been accompanied by music over the public address system, but the Class of 2019 walked only to applause and cheers as they moved through the high school and into the elementary, where kindergarten students waited, holding signs and cheering them on.

IMG_20190529_141227057_BURST000_COVER.jp

Seniors Bryce Grecco and Garrett McClintick carry a sign through Brockway Elementary.

“Someday, you will walk through these hallways in your graduation cap and gown,” Elementary Principal Candace Patricelli told the elementary students.

Patricelli also addressed the seniors as they walked through a school they left behind when they transitioned to the high school in seventh grade.

“We are so proud of you,” she said. “Your teachers and administrators have watched you grow up.”

While Patricelli addressed the pride of the school district, the walk was bittersweet to the seniors.

“I felt like I had gone through a major transformation,” Valedictorian Cecilia Manno said. “But I’m excited about the future.”

“It was a rush of relief,” said Kiersten Voccola. “I’m ready to begin my next chapter.”

Devin Snyder found finality in the experience, saying that the Senior Walk allowed him to see clearly that his school career is coming to an end.

The Brockway Area School District encompasses an elementary school and a junior-senior high school right across a parking lot from each other. When the students graduate on Friday, this will mark the ending of 13 years spent in a relatively small area. However, Patricelli told the class of 2019 that she is confident of their success in the future.

Later that week, the seniors went to their graduation ceremony. Brockway graduated 64 seniors during its 126th commencement. Valedictorian Cecilia Manno told her classmates that whatever the future holds, she will hear about them again.

“I heard that people who do great things see each other again,” Manno said.

IMG_20190531_193001570_BURST001.jpg

Valedictorian Cecilia Manno (right) talks to the Class of 2019.

Afterwards, the seniors sprayed each other and Co-Principal Mark Dippold with silly string. They went outside to throw their hats in the air, celebrating the end of this chapter of their lives.                            https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/brockway-seniors-say-goodbye/

4 hours ago, mr.d said:

BROCKWAY, Pa. (EYT) – The traditional senior walk at Brockway Area Junior-Senior High School led to graduation, as the Class of 2019 said goodbye to both the high school and Brockway Area Elementary School.

A few years ago, when current Superintendent Jeff Vizza came over, the school adopted the “Senior Walk,” allowing soon-to-be graduates to traverse the halls of their old schools one last time.

IMG_20190531_195441183_BURST002.jpg

The Brockway Class of 2019 celebrates the end of their school careers.

Previous years have been accompanied by music over the public address system, but the Class of 2019 walked only to applause and cheers as they moved through the high school and into the elementary, where kindergarten students waited, holding signs and cheering them on.

IMG_20190529_141227057_BURST000_COVER.jp

Seniors Bryce Grecco and Garrett McClintick carry a sign through Brockway Elementary.

“Someday, you will walk through these hallways in your graduation cap and gown,” Elementary Principal Candace Patricelli told the elementary students.

Patricelli also addressed the seniors as they walked through a school they left behind when they transitioned to the high school in seventh grade.

“We are so proud of you,” she said. “Your teachers and administrators have watched you grow up.”

While Patricelli addressed the pride of the school district, the walk was bittersweet to the seniors.

“I felt like I had gone through a major transformation,” Valedictorian Cecilia Manno said. “But I’m excited about the future.”

“It was a rush of relief,” said Kiersten Voccola. “I’m ready to begin my next chapter.”

Devin Snyder found finality in the experience, saying that the Senior Walk allowed him to see clearly that his school career is coming to an end.

The Brockway Area School District encompasses an elementary school and a junior-senior high school right across a parking lot from each other. When the students graduate on Friday, this will mark the ending of 13 years spent in a relatively small area. However, Patricelli told the class of 2019 that she is confident of their success in the future.

Later that week, the seniors went to their graduation ceremony. Brockway graduated 64 seniors during its 126th commencement. Valedictorian Cecilia Manno told her classmates that whatever the future holds, she will hear about them again.

“I heard that people who do great things see each other again,” Manno said.

IMG_20190531_193001570_BURST001.jpg

Valedictorian Cecilia Manno (right) talks to the Class of 2019.

Afterwards, the seniors sprayed each other and Co-Principal Mark Dippold with silly string. They went outside to throw their hats in the air, celebrating the end of this chapter of their lives.                            https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/brockway-seniors-say-goodbye/

The tradition was begun by Mr. Collins at DHS years ago...………..it is a good tradition