Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Pa. Teens Killed By Lightning At Westmoreland County Park

Recommended Posts

Teenagers killed by lightning at local park

Westmoreland County Coroner identified 18-year-old victims

Teenagers killed by lightning at local park

Westmoreland County Coroner identified 18-year-old victims

 
 
 
 
0:26
/
1:33
Loaded: 0%
 
1:05
0:26
Progress: 0%
Stream TypeLIVE
-1:07
 
1x
Hide Transcript Show Transcript
MARCIE: THE CORNER IS ON THE SCENE. HE HAS CONFIRMED A MALE AND A FEMALE WORST ROCK. THEY ARE BOTH DECEASED. IT HAPPENED OVER HERE. THIS IS THE LINK AT MAMMOTH PARK IN MOUNT PLEASANT TOWNSHIP. IT HAPPENED ON THE ISLAND AROUND THE LAKE. WE WANT TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT THIS HE LOOKS LIKE. THE CORONER’S ON SCENE, TRYING TO DETERMINE WHAT HAPPENED. IT IS UNCLEAR WHAT THEY WERE DOING AT THIS POINT. WE GOT SOME GROUND VIDEO FOR YOU. THE CALL CAME IN AT 3:59 P.M.. WE SPOKE WITH THE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS FOR WESTMORELAND COUNTY. THIS IS WHAT HE WAS ABLE TO TELL US. >> IT IS AN UNFORTUNATE AND TRAGIC ACCIDENT. TWO INDIVIDUALS WERE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING. >> THE CORONER CONFIRMS IT IS A MALE AND A FEMALE. HE IS STILL HERE ON THE SCENE INVESTIGATING.
 
 
Two teenagers have died after being struck by lightning at Mammoth Park in Mount Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County, on Thursday afternoon. The Westmoreland County Coroner identified the victims as 18-year-old Brendan McGowan of North Huntingdon Township and 18-year-old Kaitlyn Rosensteel of Donora.Officials said they were on the island at the lake when they were struck by lightning around 4 p.m. Mammoth Park is closed and an investigation is underway. Tap the video player above to see where Pittsburgh's Action Weather Meteorologist Alex Alecci pinpointed the lightning strikes.

Two teenagers have died after being struck by lightning at Mammoth Park in Mount Pleasant Township, Westmoreland County, on Thursday afternoon.

The Westmoreland County Coroner identified the victims as 18-year-old Brendan McGowan of North Huntingdon Township and 18-year-old Kaitlyn Rosensteel of Donora.

Officials said they were on the island at the lake when they were struck by lightning around 4 p.m.

Mammoth Park is closed and an investigation is underway.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DLE1950 said:

Tragic story , but you would think if you worked with a news service you should be able to spell and put together full sentences.

If you are referring to the part in all caps, that's the transcript of the live reporting (speech to text). 'Speech to text' can be very unpredictable and almost always contains errors but is an easy way to create a record of the report.   ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sapphire said:

If you are referring to the part in all caps, that's the transcript of the live reporting (speech to text). 'Speech to text' can be very unpredictable and almost always contains errors but is an easy way to create a record of the report.   ;)

Those get pretty hard to follow at times.  Easier to skip them and read the actual written report, but there are times even those don't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hipower said:

Those get pretty hard to follow at times.  Easier to skip them and read the actual written report, but there are times even those don't make sense.

Totally agree! I honestly think the transcripts are more for their records than for public consumption. I do see some use for them if you are looking for something specific in the 'on the spot' reporting and don't have the time or the inclination to 'Google up' the video and can 'read between the lines'. :P

I've also read some written reports that leave me wondering if the writer slept thru EVERY class that had ANYTHING to do with the written word. Sometimes, the ability to write a coherent sentence doesn't seem to be a qualification for the job.  :duh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sapphire said:

Totally agree! I honestly think the transcripts are more for their records than for public consumption. I do see some use for them if you are looking for something specific in the 'on the spot' reporting and don't have the time or the inclination to 'Google up' the video and can 'read between the lines'. :P

I've also read some written reports that leave me wondering if the writer slept thru EVERY class that had ANYTHING to do with the written word. Sometimes, the ability to write a coherent sentence doesn't seem to be a qualification for the job.  :duh:

Often seems like English wasn't their first language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...