GoDuBois.com
katman

National TV Show was in the local Area.

Wife and J had to go to Brookville today so took back road came out on Route 322 at Brookville Wood Products, took 322 to Brookville. In Emerckville, Jefferson County, right near the road The Crew from "Barwood Builders" was tearing down an old barn. It is a TV program where this group from West Virginia go all over taking old barns apart board by board and reuse them to build barns and cabins for people that want the old would used for their project.  Did a news search online for the story. The ONLY place I found the story was the Derrick Newspaper. I do not subscribe online to it so could not share it. But in our own back yards and no local coverage that I could find.

51 minutes ago, etsaunt said:

My husband loves that show.  He watches it every Sunday evening.  We will have to keep any eye out probably next season.  

My wife and I are the same way, we never miss it. One of our favorite shows. 

18 minutes ago, katman said:

My wife and I are the same way, we never miss it. One of our favorite shows. 

We actually look at barns and try to figure out if they are the kind they look for. Always thought the one that was just brought down in Rockton would have been a good one.  

14 hours ago, katman said:

Wife and I had to go to Brookville today so took back road came out on Route 322 at Brookville Wood Products, took 322 to Brookville. In Emerckville, Jefferson County, right near the road The Crew from "Barwood Builders" was tearing down an old barn. It is a TV program where this group from West Virginia go all over taking old barns apart board by board and reuse them to build barns and cabins for people that want the old would used for their project.  Did a news search online for the story. The ONLY place I found the story was the Derrick Newspaper. I do not subscribe online to it so could not share it. But in our own back yards and no local coverage that I could find.

POSTED BY: CLARIONEXTRA.COM JUNE 14, 2019

By RANDY BARTLEY
Staff writer

Recycling is big right now, and you can’t find anything bigger to recycle than a barn.

That is exactly what the crew of the DIY Network’s “Barnwood Builders” show has been doing.

Nothing can be recycled without raw material, and in this case the raw material is the 1888 Schuckers family barn on Route 322 in Pine Creek Township, Jefferson County.

The Barnwood Builders website says the show “follows six fun-loving West Virginians who salvage antique log cabins and barns. The show celebrates the American pioneer spirit, and pays tribute to the hard work and craftsmanship that built our nation. “

“My son called them and they sent someone up to measure the barn. They contacted my son Jim and they said they were interested,” said Norma Schuckers.

“It has been a bittersweet adventure,” she said. “That barn has been here since 1888 but it had some rotted beams. They were going to reconstruct it the way it was but I think they may make a covered bridge out of it.”

Kelly Hartman, a production coordinator with Silent Crow Arts in New York City, said, “We are shooting an episode of “Barnwood Builders” for the DIY Network. They take down older buildings and repurpose them into something else. Mark Bowe, the owner of the company, will decide what that purpose might be.”

Bowe, who is the host of the show, worked his way through West Virginia University as a coal miner, earning a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He is a craftsman, businessman and historian and also holds a master’s degree in safety management from West Virginia.

He founded his company, Antique Cabins and Barns, in 1995, and the company website says he and his longtime crew have reclaimed more than 400 pioneer-era structures.

Bowe says he is “passionate about honoring the craft of America’s pioneer ancestors and is devoted to ensure their hard work lives for centuries to come.”

Hartman said 10 crew members and six cast members have been working at the site in Emerickville since Sunday.

No date has been set for when the episode will air.

52 minutes ago, raisin said:

20181001_101539.jpgI missed my calling. Here is my camp. In 2003 I dismantled a barn built in 1896 and re erected it as our family camp. 

You did miss your calling! That is beautiful! :good: