GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Accident - 84 Eastbound - I-80 - EXIT 81 Closed

Reported accident (tractor trailer into barrier) in area of 84 mm Eastbound on I-80. Roadway CLOSED in Area.  Time 8:15 AM.  St.10 and ambulance to respond.  Use caution in the area. For now traffic to get off at EXIT 81 Eastbound.

5 hours ago, mr.d said:

Reported accident (tractor trailer into barrier) in area of 84 mm Eastbound on I-80. Roadway CLOSED in Area.  Time 8:15 AM.  St.10 and ambulance to respond.  Use caution in the area. For now traffic to get off at EXIT 81 Eastbound.

Brockway is backed up in traffic.

Just now, dubois_15801 said:

Lots of traffic still in Brookville.   The kid just came home from work and said all the stop lights are blinking yellow/red, yellow for 322 threw-traffic.

Yep. Tractor trailers going down Jenks-Valley street.  Thats kind of unusual. 

Interstate 80 Reopens After Tractor-Trailer Crash, Fuel Spill

I-80-crash-3-2.jpgBROOKVILLE, Pa. (EYT) – Interstate 80 East between Brookville and DuBois reopened Tuesday evening following a tractor-trailer crash and a subsequent fuel spill.

A Jefferson County 9-1-1 dispatcher said the accident happened around 8:30 a.m. near mile marker 81 when a tractor-trailer hit multiple barriers in a construction zone resulting in a fuel spill of approximately 100 gallons. A Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) team was dispatched to the scene.

The roadway remained closed between Exit 81 (PA 28 – Hazen) and Exit 97 (U.S. 219 – DuBois/Brockway) for approximately 10 hours before it reopened around 6:30 p.m.

A detour was in place directing motorists off Interstate 80 at Exit 81 onto Route 28 and then onto U.S. Route 219 and back onto Interstate 80 at Exit 97.

Traffic was gridlocked throughout Brookville and surrounding areas due to the overflow of vehicles exiting Interstate 80 to avoid the accident and the already heavy traffic from the Laurel Festival.

Although Interstate 80 has reopened, delays continued to be reported in the affected area as of 7:40 p.m.