GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Punxsy Man Charged With Ethnic Intimidation

13 hours ago, lavender said:

ichthyology

I know you thought you had me on this one, but for many years I had quite a collection of LPS, SPS, and various and sundry acanthurus, paracanthurus, etc...

One crash wiped out about $3500, and I just didn't have the heart to rebuild :Sad_014:

20 hours ago, LFG said:

That is so effing funny on so many levels :rofl:

1. I can see you doing that 

2. You know the cat has been through it before

3. It was such a cleverly disguised dig at me that I can't help but appreciate it :arghh::funny4:

Hope she can achieve the proper usage of her word of the day.  I'm already crippled by it, I can't even pronounce it.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Regardless of the context, it was not something a potential president should have said.  Pointing a finger at a peaceful people because of their stability, contributions to the the country's welfare, and religion isn't OK.  Long term country Pennsylvanians are laid back but will defend themselves if attacked.  

BO made the error of forgetting that many Americans might be too undereducated to understand the context of what he said------it happens.  IMO what you just posted proves his point in what he said......no offense, it is just reality.....in that light, you are correct---he should not have said it as a politician....(perhaps)

1 minute ago, conservativeman633 said:

BO made the error of forgetting that many Americans might be too undereducated to understand the context of what he said------it happens.  IMO what you just posted proves his point in what he said......no offense, it is just reality....

Are you suggesting that we should overlook those of us who are educated and were offended?  Looks like more bias to me.

1 minute ago, hipower said:

Are you suggesting that we should overlook those of us who are educated and were offended?  Looks like more bias to me.

nope-----------but Conman is not totally convinced that an 'educated' person would have been offended from those remarks.  They would have been offended from irresponsible action, or inaction, on their part, IMO

12 minutes ago, conservativeman633 said:

nope-----------but Conman is not totally convinced that an 'educated' person would have been offended from those remarks.  They would have been offended from irresponsible action, or inaction, on their part, IMO

If you're keeping score then you can mark me and many others of my acquaintance as educated and offended.

1 hour ago, hipower said:

Hope she can achieve the proper usage of her word of the day.  I'm already crippled by it, I can't even pronounce it.

Hell, look back where I quoted her. I can't even spell it and she wrote it for me :lol:

2 hours ago, LFG said:

I know you thought you had me on this one, but for many years I had quite a collection of LPS, SPS, and various and sundry acanthurus, paracanthurus, etc...

One crash wiped out about $3500, and I just didn't have the heart to rebuild :Sad_014:

My condolences on the loss of your fish. Had to google. Don't know one fish from another unless it is on my plate.

I once knew a paleoichthyologist though. The fossil fish were great then they brought a bunch of catfish back from some river in the Congo and guess who got to reduce them to bone? The odor of really dead fish is hard to live with. 

1 hour ago, conservativeman633 said:

BO made the error of forgetting that many Americans might be too undereducated to understand the context of what he said------it happens.  IMO what you just posted proves his point in what he said......no offense, it is just reality.....in that light, you are correct---he should not have said it as a politician....(perhaps)

What happened to conman's contention that he defends those who need defending? Even if it was a dispassionate, academic remark, which I don't think it was, shouldn't we be offended on behalf of those bible loving, gun toting neighbors that he maligned? It was a nasty, condescending remark made against those who defend this country, raise kids who don't riot and loot and who (more or less) obey the law.  Donald Trump's crude remarks are a major annoyance but this remark of Obama's insults the very fabric of the country. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, conservativeman633 said:

That comment was and is taken out of context.     Obama made it as an anthropological observation, and it was somewhat accurate.  His mother was an anthropologist. etc...……..it was an observation any intelligent & educated person might say in a  discussion about Trump voters at the time----and now Trump supporters are making the same point Obama did about themselves...…...

I agree.  I loved the comment because I am proud of it...

1 hour ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Yah. If it's true why be offended!!

I agree but it must be universal. We can't expect some people to let ethnic, regional or racial comments that might be considered derogatory to slide while prosecuting others for making similar comments.

4 hours ago, lavender said:

What happened to conman's contention that he defends those who need defending? Even if it was a dispassionate, academic remark, which I don't think it was, shouldn't we be offended on behalf of those bible loving, gun toting neighbors that he maligned? It was a nasty, condescending remark made against those who defend this country, raise kids who don't riot and loot and who (more or less) obey the law.  Donald Trump's crude remarks are a major annoyance but this remark of Obama's insults the very fabric of the country. 

Lavender does not think it was, whereas Conman KNOWS it was....big diff...……..

…….as Conman said, you may not understand the context------from your comments Conman will deduce that you do not, in this case at least....

1 hour ago, lavender said:

I agree but it must be universal. We can't expect some people to let ethnic, regional or racial comments that might be considered derogatory to slide while prosecuting others for making similar comments.

I let it slide the first time because sometimes it's just fun to get you to say words like erudititude, but I strongly disagree with you here.

You cannot compare someone calling you a bit*h or me a redneck to calling a black person a monkey. If you were arguing about someone being offended by black vs colored vs African American, then I would be right there with you, but there are certain words for certain ethnicities that carry far more weight than anything you could ever say to a white person or a woman.

My very best friend is Mexican, and we will say horribly insensitive things to each other in jest, but I would never, ever call him a wetback. That term implies too many things that aren't true about him. Same thing for calling a black person a monkey, or all of the extremely derogatory terms for Jews, Arabs, etc... I'm not going to go all conman and say I'm defending truth, justice, and the American way, but calling me a redneck is not even in the same realm as the terms that have been invented for other people

59 minutes ago, LFG said:

I let it slide the first time because sometimes it's just fun to get you to say words like erudititude, but I strongly disagree with you here.

You cannot compare someone calling you a bit*h or me a redneck to calling a black person a monkey. If you were arguing about someone being offended by black vs colored vs African American, then I would be right there with you, but there are certain words for certain ethnicities that carry far more weight than anything you could ever say to a white person or a woman.

My very best friend is Mexican, and we will say horribly insensitive things to each other in jest, but I would never, ever call him a wetback. That term implies too many things that aren't true about him. Same thing for calling a black person a monkey, or all of the extremely derogatory terms for Jews, Arabs, etc... I'm not going to go all conman and say I'm defending truth, justice, and the American way, but calling me a redneck is not even in the same realm as the terms that have been invented for other people

"You cannot compare someone calling you a bit*h or me a redneck to calling a black person a monkey."

Yes, I can. :P

5 minutes ago, LFG said:

Well, ok, you can...

What a bi....

Oops

OK as I was saying until interrupted. Genetically I share 96% of my genes with chimpanzees. The genetic similarity to dogs is there but to a much lesser extent. Maybe calling me some sort of primate would be more accurate.