GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Petee

FOUND KITTEN at DRMC Main Street

I had to run hubby to the hospital for some stitches after he attempted to table saw a thin board without a feather board.  Didn't work!  I was yelling at him to use one as he went out the door to cut it. :no:

As I pulled up to the Emergency Room entrance I saw a cute little butt pointed into the air beside one of the big concrete construction barriers.  It turned out that a nurse was trying to get a small kitten out from under it where it had gotten itself stuck.  They put it into a box and passed us in the Emergency Room Triage area.  I brought the kitten home to find it's old family or a new family.

It's 6-8 weeks old, a yellow stripy, looks healthy but needs a bath. It isn't aggressive and seems to be well fed so I assume it may belong to someone in that neighborhood.  I didn't check to see if it's a male or a female but we can if necessary.  Right now it's in the cat area of our wood shop and our other 3, going on 4, are all eager to check it out.  Not gonna happen!  We're full up and this little critter needs a home.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

I hated to see the nurses stuck with it.  I was headed home and they weren't.  This little kitty is a cutie and will be beautiful when it's all grown up.

Hubby has 7 stitches in his thumb pad.  He has PTSD and any kind of a shock can make him hysterical.   I  had to drive, keep him from doubling over and fainting.  Then didn't a doe run right across in front of us on Maple Avenue.  I was telling him to stop panting and start breathing properly.  Then he was going to throw up and I was having none of THAT!!  I threatened to leave him out of the car and drive away.  I finally had to grab his arm and squeeze for all I was worth for the whole drive to take his mind off of the thumb.  He'll probably feel it tomorrow. Once I got him into the hospital and washed away all of the blood he could see, then he calmed down. Vietnam strikes again. 

It's been quite a while since he had his last meltdown, but he stayed as calm as he could.  He's fine now, and we just came back inside from visiting the turkeys.  One of them gobbled for the first time today and they are starting to grow wattles and snoods.  As far as we can tell, there are 2 gobblers and three hens. I was weed whacking and didn't see which one gobbled but I heard it over the weed whacker noise.

https://sciencing.com/tell-between-male-female-turkeys-5810985.html

We also added three Ameraucanas (Easter Eggers) into the flock yesterday.  I got them as chicks but they haven't been with the older hens till now.  I hope they come out of their sleeping box before they starve to death!  https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/americanas.html

One of them is (I think) a Blue, and the other two have a lot of yellow in their feathers.  https://pethelpful.com/farm-pets/our-ameraucana-chickens

That means that 3-4 of the older hens will be headed to freezer camp in the next week or so.  They have had a great life and their end will be at the hands of a professional who knows exactly what he is doing to make it quick.  I have a really hard time with this end of having poultry, but these birds will never know the problems of growing old.  You just have to buck up and do what's necessary.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

What a day! I am glad you didn't hit the deer...more blood! My husband once had an accident with a power tool and injured his hand. This happened in the days before cell phones were common. I was at work so he drove himself to the hospital. When I got home there was blood everywhere. It started on the doorknob, trailed through the living room, the kitchen and the bathroom. I tiptoed around looking for a body or a murderer! I am not sure what I would have done with either one! Lol Just when I was wondering whether to call the police, the phone rang. It was my husband letting me know he was leaving the hospital with stitches. 

Yep, rarely does a day of my life pass without some kind of excitement.  Yesterday was kind of forgotten by evening.  When I went to Walmart last night, another deer flew across in front of me again.  Normally we don't see many deer on the DuBois-Rockton Road any more, because most of them in this area have already been killed. When we moved out here 43 years ago, there were dead deer along the highway almost every day, and sometime 2-3, and occasionally bears.  

Hubby went to work today with a fat white thumb, and all is normal except for the kitten in the wood shop.  I have to make a sign to tack up on Main Street in case someone is looking for it and doesn't post here.  Our son came out to help finish the framework for the air conditioner.  What a blessing he is.

Yep, a trail of blood.  A couple years ago when we were building the chicken coop, hubby dropped a board and it pushed my hand up into the saw blade which was still moving.  I was terrified to look, and had to scream hubby down to get him to call am ambulance.  He was hysterical and more terrified than me.  It took two surgeries but the hand is almost as good as new.  My watch stopped the blade from going clear through my hand.  There were pie pan sized pools of congealed blood the whole way to the road where we were to meet the ambulance that we had to call twice.  Now that slowed me down!  

Anyone who is bored needs to follow me around for a couple of days.

Albert Einstein

Guest Miss B
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, Petee said:

Yep, rarely does a day of my life pass without some kind of excitement.  Yesterday was kind of forgotten by evening.  When I went to Walmart last night, another deer flew across in front of me again.  Normally we don't see many deer on the DuBois-Rockton Road any more, because most of them in this area have already been killed. When we moved out here 43 years ago, there were dead deer along the highway almost every day, and sometime 2-3, and occasionally bears.  

Hubby went to work today with a fat white thumb, and all is normal except for the kitten in the wood shop.  I have to make a sign to tack up on Main Street in case someone is looking for it and doesn't post here.  Our son came out to help finish the framework for the air conditioner.  What a blessing he is.

Yep, a trail of blood.  A couple years ago when we were building the chicken coop, hubby dropped a board and it pushed my hand up into the saw blade which was still moving.  I was terrified to look, and had to scream hubby down to get him to call am ambulance.  He was hysterical and more terrified than me.  It took two surgeries but the hand is almost as good as new.  My watch stopped the blade from going clear through my hand.  There were pie pan sized pools of congealed blood the whole way to the road where we were to meet the ambulance that we had to call twice.  Now that slowed me down!  

Anyone who is bored needs to follow me around for a couple of days.

Have you found the kitty a home?

Not yet.  I'm not too surprised since this is kitten season for those who do not neuter or spay their animals.  There's a good clinic that is relatively inexpensive over near the BBQ place beyond Clearfield and near the Walmart Warehouse.  

We cannot keep this kitty, so if it doesn't get a home then it will have to go to the SPCA.  I'll give it a few days, but it can't stay in the cat area of our woodshop forever.  It's separated from the work area by a big cage, and normally our cats can go inside and out via a cat door, but we temporarily have it locked so the kitty can't escape or actually get into the wood shop. It has food and water, a comfy bed, and occasional visitors, but it needs a real home and someone to love, snuggle and spoil it.  I'm sure our other cats will want to go in at some time to get out of the weather and for safety at night.

Albert Einstein

I wish you all the luck finding poor Kitty a home. Just to let you know though alot of the shelters are all full with kitties so I'm not sure if you will have any luck there. I didn't anyway, I am trying to find homes for some also 

Unfortunately, being taken to the SPCA is almost a death sentence for the poor little thing.  They pretty much sort them out at the door according to how many they already have and the health and behavior of the cat.  If a cat is sick, injured or poorly behaved around humans, then it is euthanized the same day.  The only option is for people to get their cats neutered or spayed before 6 months of age.  Otherwise, this is the result.

We were getting out of the car this evening and could hear it meowing for us.  We can't get attached because we already have 3 adult cats, and a new one coming this month. They all live outdoors and are neutered except for my son's 2 male cats which will be done very, very soon if they are to live here.

Albert Einstein

A lovely lady who rescues other cats and let's them live in her barn will be taking the kitten unless someone who would like it for a pet would want it before she takes it.

Unfortunately she also has a growing kitten population, and in a few months, this little one will make an even larger burden.

If you would be willing to help her with the costs of neutering and spaying, then I'll ask Steve how we could reimburse her for it.  I'm willing to give her some money to help, but I think one kitten in Clearfield is a little under $100 for everything.

Albert Einstein

WOW!  Thank you. I can give her the money for this kitten!

Albert Einstein

It's a different price for males and females but not by much. I looked and it's sold out for the July 11 clinic so have her keep checking the spca website for another clinic. They are always Thursdays. If she has Facebook she can like their page and she will see each time there is a clinic. I have liked their page so that's how I see the clinics.

The kitten has landed in a very good home and I'll bet it will have the time of it's life!  I just received this message from the new owner,

"Hi, thought I'd let you know the kitten is doing well. He's still in the large wire cage, with the smaller carrier inside it for a hidey place. He loves to be held and cuddled and have his neck rubbed. He has a really loud purr. He's becoming familiar with the other cats but the cows scare him. Hope to release him within the next day or two, as he becomes more used to the cattle. He has decided his share of the morning omelet is delicious."

How much better than that could it get!  

Albert Einstein