GoDuBois.com
BigT

Nexstar/DirecTv

Also not happy.  We received an email earlier this week from Direct TV wanting to give us updates to whatever..  I sent them an email  back stating instead of updates how about getting us back our CBS station... Also seriously considering a change in TV service..

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with DirecTv. They will be sending me a unit that will allow me to watch local channels that have been blocked by Nexstar. 7-10 days till FedEx delivers it.

Apparently the unit is coming from China.

4 hours ago, BigT said:

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with DirecTv. They will be sending me a unit that will allow me to watch local channels that have been blocked by Nexstar. 7-10 days till FedEx delivers it.

On SLOW boat from China.

11 hours ago, BigT said:

I don't understand how they could promise you a receiver that will show Nexstar stations as they do not have a contract with Nexstar as of the moment. 

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

3 hours ago, old farm boy said:

I don't understand how they could promise you a receiver that will show Nexstar stations as they do not have a contract with Nexstar as of the moment. 

I told the representative I wanted access to CBS. I don’t care if it’s KDKA or wherever just so we get the network. 

I will keep everyone posted to what happens.

2 hours ago, BigT said:

I told the representative I wanted access to CBS. I don’t care if it’s KDKA or wherever just so we get the network. 

I will keep everyone posted to what happens.

I receive all the networks plus the west coast feeds for each one. 

AT&T-DIRECTV told me that Nexstar is playing hardball with all cable and satellite companies.

I see that Senator Richard Blumenthal is calling on both parties to hammer out a deal.

The Nexstar Media Group cancelled today's (Friday) negotiation session. Maybe tomorrow something will happen.  

I did get a $20 a month reduction in my bill for the next 12 months from DIRECTV.

7 hours ago, justjoe said:

For us looking, what are you using Keyser, and cost

The extra out of market Direct TV network channels cost me $ $3.50 each for both East and West Coast feeds. The Los Angeles feeds frequently have some good freeway chases on them. I have had Direct TV since it came out in 1992. Before that I had a C Band Dish that I installed that  gave me free TV for about 9 years(except for the cost of the dish and the constant replacement of the actuator and then a  Videocipher II satellite descrambler )  

1 hour ago, BigT said:

Good news- FedEx delivered my Local Channel Connector kit today.

Bad news- The only over the air channels I receive are the WPSU digital channels.

It maybe time to say goodbye DIRECTV!

Amazon is selling a nice over the air DVR for their prime days event. 

https://assoc-redirect.amazon.com/g/r/https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Recast-over-the-air-DVR-1TB-150-hours/dp/B074J1GPB8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Amazon+Fire+TV+Recast&qid=1562960034&s=gateway&sr=8-1&tag=cnet-buy-button-20&ascsubtag=ag%3A5cb61190-dd12-4d3c-afd9-b899fc3ffc75|vg%3A949a6bd0-a522-11e9-a630-6fc16f335d63|st%3Adtp

A good friend suggested I get the CBS app. 

We have a RokuTV (smart  tv)and it was easy to get the app for a free 7 day trial. 

If Nexstar and AT&T don’t settle up in a week then I will pay $9.99 a month for the app.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, Keyser Soze said:

The extra out of market Direct TV network channels cost me $ $3.50 each for both East and West Coast feeds. The Los Angeles feeds frequently have some good freeway chases on them. I have had Direct TV since it came out in 1992. Before that I had a C Band Dish that I installed that  gave me free TV for about 9 years(except for the cost of the dish and the constant replacement of the actuator and then a  Videocipher II satellite descrambler )  

Just spoke with the idiots at Direct TV this morning after an hour and 4 minute hold time.  I'm in DuBois and was told channel 391 CBSwHD is not available in my area.  Also told there will be no credits given for us who have been without CBS, told her they were a$$es.  When my contracts up I'm done with them.  I've been a customer for over 5 years and that's the answer you get..."we're in negotiations and will let everyone know when its resolved".   But until that time we are not crediting any accounts for the loss of the channel, you still have local channel 6! Yea I do, but Victor Nikki Hope and Liam aren't on that channel!  Going through soap opera withdrawal here 😁

Life is what happens to you, when you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

51 minutes ago, block said:

Just spoke with the idiots at Direct TV this morning after an hour and 4 minute hold time.  I'm in DuBois and was told channel 391 CBSwHD is not available in my area.  Also told there will be no credits given for us who have been without CBS, told her they were a$$es.  When my contracts up I'm done with them.  I've been a customer for over 5 years and that's the answer you get..."we're in negotiations and will let everyone know when its resolved".   But until that time we are not crediting any accounts for the loss of the channel, you still have local channel 6! Yea I do, but Victor Nikki Hope and Liam aren't on that channel!  Going through soap opera withdrawal here 😁

I was one of their first customers when the company started in 1990. 

I am "grandfathered" these out of market network stations. As long as I have a subscription I will continue to receive them. 

I had forgotten that present day subscribers cannot receive them. Sorry for the misinformation.  

14 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I was one of their first customers when the company started in 1990. 

I am "grandfathered" these out of market network stations. As long as I have a subscription I will continue to receive them. 

I had forgotten that present day subscribers cannot receive them. Sorry for the misinformation.  

It's all good but they really suck!!!

Life is what happens to you, when you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon