GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Rattlesnake, Uranium, Whiskey Found During Traffic Stop

Rattlesnake, uranium, whiskey found during traffic stop

ce39ef4a-95ec-4cf4-8970-6279ebabc662-lar
In this booking provided by the Guthrie, Oklahoma Police Department, Stephen Jennings is pictured. Jennings was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor and driving with a suspended license after police say they found a rattlesnake, a canister of radioactive powdered uranium and an open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey during a traffic stop in Guthrie of a vehicle that had been reported stolen. (Guthrie,Oklahoma Police Department via AP)

GUTHRIE, Okla. (AP) — Police in Oklahoma say they found a rattlesnake, a canister of radioactive powdered uranium and an open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey during a traffic stop of a vehicle that had been reported stolen.

The traffic stop happened June 26 in Guthrie, about 30 miles (45 kilometers) north of Oklahoma City. Guthrie police Sgt. Anthony Gibbs told a local television station that police don't know why the uranium was in the vehicle or how it was obtained, though uranium ore can be bought on Amazon.

Gibbs says police also found a gun in the console and a terrarium in the backseat containing a pet Timber rattlesnake.

Gibbs says the driver, Stephen Jennings, was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor and driving with a suspended license.

Jennings remains jailed in Logan County.

1 minute ago, pwacm said:

The song One Bourbon, one Scotch, and one Beer popped into my head. Only it's one bourbon, one uranium, and one rattlesnake. 

Just me and my pet rattler, driving down an Okie highway, drinking Kentucky's bourbon and snortin' us some dust

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

One is forced to wonder - was it a Copperhead rattler?  (Copperhead Road...)   The canister of uranium is the part that makes me wonder.

Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you...  Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. Aristotle
First God created idiots.  That was for practice. Then He created school boards. Mark Twain
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana