GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bon

Assault Leaves DuBois Man On Life Support

SPONSOR:  

CLARION CO., Pa. (EYT) – A DuBois man is on life support following an assault that occurred in Clarion County.

According to Clarion-based State Police, on August 10 around 4:42 p.m., officers were dispatched to 231 Sunset Drive in Lucinda, Knox Township, Clarion County, for an assault in progress.

Upon arrival, it was determined that 34-year-old Jason Confer, of DuBois, singed the hair of 29-year-old Adam Matthew Kriner, of Bristol, Tennessee, with a lighter.

Kriner waited approximately 20 minutes to retaliate and then punched Confer in the face with a closed fist. Confer then fell and struck his head off the concrete sidewalk, according to police. 

Confer had to be life-flighted to Allegheny General Hospital for his injuries. It was later learned that Confer had to be placed on life support and medically induced into a coma.

Kriner was taken into custody and arraigned in Magisterial District Judge Timothy P. Schill’s office at 7:38 p.m. on August 10 on the following charges:

– Aggravated Assault, Felony 1
– Simple Assault, Misdemeanor 2
– Disorderly Conduct Engage In Fighting, Misdemeanor 3
– Harassment – Subject Other to Physical Contact, Summary

Kriner was placed in Clarion County Jail on $10,000.00 monetary bail.

He was released on August 13 after a surety bond was posted by a professional bondsman.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on August 27 with Judge Schill presiding.

My question is why Mr Kriner didnt say at the moment lets settle it right now. He waited 20 minutes which I would call premeditated.   That 20 minute wait  will get him in court. He better hope the guy isnt permanently disabled or worse dies. If I was the judge regardless of bail, I wouldnt let him leave the state.

Guest Knowsbetter

Time for those to boys to grow the heck up.  Not in high school anymore.  One is as guilty as the other.... 

On 8/24/2019 at 5:38 PM, jaman said:

My question is why Mr Kriner didnt say at the moment lets settle it right now. He waited 20 minutes which I would call premeditated.   That 20 minute wait  will get him in court. He better hope the guy isnt permanently disabled or worse dies. If I was the judge regardless of bail, I wouldnt let him leave the state.

Answer: Alcohol

On 8/24/2019 at 4:27 PM, Gold Brick said:

It sounds like Confer started this in motion, sorry to see him in bad shape, but I don't think he shouldn't be held responsible also.

I'd be curious to hear why he singed this guy's hair though. They left quite a bit of information out. Could it have been accidental? This was at an annual picnic for a hunting club, so I'm envisioning tons of long haired, drunk men, probably stumbling too close to each other, lighting cigarettes every few minutes... obviously I'm reaching here but just a thought.

Lighting someone's hair on fire, unless completely accidental, could certainly be chargeable.  I mean you never know what someone has on them and how flammable a person might be.  Cologne, hair products, clothing, bug spray~I could go on, but you get the drift.   

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

50 minutes ago, lavender said:

Sometimes people just deserve each other and I suspect that the police and medical personnel get tired of dealing with them. 

YEP, the same special people with their special problems over and over. I have no idea how the cops can deal with it.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

20 minutes ago, falsecreek said:

let all the facts come out at the hearing , I see already false info is being given on here .......FACT !

Bon posted a verifiable source. You are asking us to believe your unsubstantiated word. Not only that you are condemning us for our comments based on Bon's source and asking Steve to shut us up on the basis of your unsubstantiated word. I'd say that that deserves a thumbs down. 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, Bon said:

was released on August 13 after a surety bond was posted by a professional bondsman.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on August 27 with Judge Schill presiding.

I wonder if he called "Dog the Bounty Hunter" to bail him.:angry:

1 hour ago, falsecreek said:

let all the facts come out at the hearing , I see already false info is being given on here .......FACT !

close this thread until after the preliminary hearing is held.......too much wrong info is already posted on this NEW thread ......a pity .

There is a simple solution to your concerns.

You claim to know the facts so let us all know the facts that you know to be true.

Your problem is solved.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

close this thread until after the preliminary hearing is held.......too much wrong info is already posted on this NEW thread ......a pity .

What wrong info? Nobody is claiming to know facts. The only facts presented were from the original news article...

Why don't you point out exactly what is false and why?

18 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Lighting someone's hair on fire, unless completely accidental, could certainly be chargeable.  I mean you never know what someone has on them and how flammable a person might be.  Cologne, hair products, clothing, bug spray~I could go on, but you get the drift.   

Not sure why 2 people down-thumbed this, but this is factually correct.   It would certainly fall under 18.27.2701 Simple Assault, maybe 18.27.2702 Aggravated Assault, and possibly 18.27.2705 Recklessly Endangering Another Person if certain conditions were just right.

Well i was not there however i knew about this within an hour or so of it happening by some of the kids that were there and witnessed it. The time lapse between the incident and the actual punch is something that needs to be considered.

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""

18 hours ago, spaghettiwasted said:

I'd be curious to hear why he singed this guy's hair though. They left quite a bit of information out. Could it have been accidental? This was at an annual picnic for a hunting club, so I'm envisioning tons of long haired, drunk men, probably stumbling too close to each other, lighting cigarettes every few minutes... obviously I'm reaching here but just a thought.

So a hunt club picnic hired a photographer ?? I think not !...........she summoned help !

4 hours ago, spaghettiwasted said:

...what? I mentioned nothing about a photographer.

can`t read or don`t wish to ?.........you called it hunt club , I called it a reception w/photographer...........you enjoy spreading lies ? or do you have the dog in this race ?......see who`s spot on and/or who can`t understand what is printed when the hearing reveals all I have said !......facts ? I got them , ....you want them .....keep wanting!!!.............goes for Lynsee3 too........

2 hours ago, falsecreek said:

can`t read or don`t wish to ?.........you called it hunt club , I called it a reception w/photographer...........you enjoy spreading lies ? or do you have the dog in this race ?......see who`s spot on and/or who can`t understand what is printed when the hearing reveals all I have said !......facts ? I got them , ....you want them .....keep wanting!!!.............goes for Lynsee3 too........

Quit attacking people. Everybody has their own opinion .

An article was posted and members are commenting on the info from the article.

I deleted 1 posts that shouldn't of been posted.

Confer singed Kriner's hair. Then Kriner punched Confer and Confer fell and got hurt very bad. 

The location or the kind of party it was really doesn't matter or if there was photographer,  DJ or Priest there is irrelevant.

I'm hoping they did blood work on both guys for testing to see how much they were drinking or maybe taking something else??

2 hours ago, falsecreek said:

Um excuse me but I did not make one comment on this thread. 

3 hours ago, falsecreek said:

Good lord, dude. What is your problem? All you've done on this thread is toss out ignorant remarks and call everyone else a liar, but yet you refuse to present the actual facts you insist we all have wrong.

I will again repeat what I said earlier about nobody claiming to know facts. The only facts posted came from a news article. Why don't you call up the news source that posted said article and call them out on their apparent spreading of lies if it bothers you so much?

As for my post, I said it was a hunting club picnic because that's what was posted on their official website, on their official calendar. (http://www.localendar.com/public/antlerclub)

Now I will gladly go and retract this, because upon looking at this again just now, I realized I looked at the date of posting rather than the date of the complaint and August 10th was in fact listed as a "rental." But if that's really the discrepancy that's getting you all worked up from this... ooh boy. 

image.png  image.png

On 8/26/2019 at 12:44 PM, falsecreek said:

a wedding reception !

Oh, and where in this post does it say a wedding reception WITH A PHOTOGRAPHER? I can't read or choose to ignore reading what isn't there to read in the first place. So do you enjoy spreading lies? :rolleyes:

I've always wondered about your posts, but it's becoming more and more evident you're just a troll.

Enjoy your "facts," and good luck with that hearing revealing that we're all a bunch of liars.