GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bon

Holes Drilled In Water Main Pipes In Clearfield County

Holes drilled in water main pipes in Clearfield County

vandalism-2.jpg
Posted on 

Clearfield County, PA – Police are searching for the person who drilled holes in water main pipes that were waiting to be installed in Clearfield County.

Sometime between Aug. 22 and 29, about 500 small holes were drilled into pipes that were on the side of the road on Third Street and Kindred Road in Woodward Township.

The hole caused an estimated $500,000 in damage, and it makes the pipes unsalvageable.

C&R Directional Boring LLC of Clearfield is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest in the case.

If you know anything about who drilled the holes, please call State Police in Clearfield at 814-857-3800.

1 hour ago, hipower said:

The things people do rarely shock me, but this is about as close as I have seen in years.  WTH?

Maybe someone was angry because they were forced to tap onto the waterline and pay for water service and give up their well water.

First, people should not be forced to tap onto city water if they can prove they have a properly working system and good water already in place.  Not everyone has the money to spend on a superfluous project at their homes.

Second, insurance will probably pay for the pipe, and the damaged pipe may even have a secondary use, but no one need know that I just bought a brand new drill! :D  I couldn't find the charger for the first one.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, hipower said:

The things people do rarely shock me, but this is about as close as I have seen in years.  WTH?

I have seen it happen on a 48 mile long 24 inch gas pipeline being installed.

Everyone knew who/what did it but couldn't prove it.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

2 hours ago, Petee said:

First, people should not be forced to tap onto city water if they can prove they have a properly working system and good water already in place.  Not everyone has the money to spend on a superfluous project at their homes.

Second, insurance will probably pay for the pipe, and the damaged pipe may even have a secondary use, but no one need know that I just bought a brand new drill! :D  I couldn't find the charger for the first one.

The payments of the costs of installation is based on the amount of customers in that area. This is handled by government agencies.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

3 hours ago, Petee said:

I agree Petee.

Now on the others uses that pipe could be used for hmmmm, I am thinking sprinkler system. LOL  or used as perforated drain pipe.

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

I agree. On the news the construction company said that it would cost $80,000 to replace the pipe. However, the sections were already fused into long lengths and encased. At least one section was already buried and had to be dug up. All others already installed have to be pressure tested again. The insurance only covers the pipe replacement. The sad thing is that the person is probably angry with the municipality, but the one hurt was the construction company. The reward has been increased to $10,000.

8 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Maybe someone was angry because they were forced to tap onto the waterline and pay for water service and give up their well water.

I think their time would have been better spent working to have money to pay a water bill. I sure hope they're caught. 

5 hours ago, fedup said:

The payments of the costs of installation is based on the amount of customers in that area. This is handled by government agencies.

Yeah..... America land of the free ..... And home of the overtaxed who have overpriced water and sewer charges forced upon them.......

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.........

7 hours ago, Petee said:

Drill....    Petee ...... Drill    😁

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.........

12 hours ago, Chili N Corn said:

Yeah..... America land of the free ..... And home of the overtaxed who have overpriced water and sewer charges forced upon them.......

It's nearly impossible to disagree  that water and sewerage services aren't overpriced.  Of course I say that about most things anymore.  It is also true that many of us have lived with outhouses, open sewers and wells that produced water that nearly gagged you to drink and dried up nearly every summer.

Those who haven't lived with conditions like those won't understand.

It is all very well to complain about the price of water and sewage and I probably would too if  I were forced to tap into either one. However, that is a very short sighted reaction and I know it. The area is losing population. Kids move away for employment and no one wants to move in for professional positions that are available due to  the lack of amenities. These "city folk" aren't going to buy houses or build them in areas where they don't have the sources of water and sewage that they are accustomed to. When the electricity goes off in the city you can still flush your toilet. Surprise! Surprise! You can't when you have a well. We won't even discuss terrible internet service. Unless this town is dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century it is going to go the way of the dodo bird. What doesn't grow dies and it's selfish to put the desire to live in the past ahead of the future of a town. These small towns could make great "bedroom communities" for people who can work from home if they would just modernize services and get rid of the attitude.  

12 hours ago, hipower said:

It's nearly impossible to disagree  that water and sewerage services aren't overpriced.  Of course I say that about most things anymore.  It is also true that many of us have lived with outhouses, open sewers and wells that produced water that nearly gagged you to drink and dried up nearly every summer.

It's wonderful for people to have a choice, especially when they have a need.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

On 8/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, hipower said:

I agree. Folks waste money on many other things but safe drinking water and sewage systems fall under the unneeded category to them.  

I grew up with a well that went dry yearly and prevented us from having a washer. Neighbors sewage was stinking and contaminating a field that would have been a great play spot. 

I wish there was city water and natural gas where we live. You pay for progress. 

Luckily all of our neighborhood had lots of lean water as long as the Injection Well doesn't go in towards Luthersburg.  Then there may be a LOT of people without clean water.

Albert Einstein

On 8/30/2019 at 11:17 AM, lavender said:

It is all very well to complain about the price of water and sewage and I probably would too if  I were forced to tap into either one. However, that is a very short sighted reaction and I know it. The area is losing population. Kids move away for employment and no one wants to move in for professional positions that are available due to  the lack of amenities. These "city folk" aren't going to buy houses or build them in areas where they don't have the sources of water and sewage that they are accustomed to. When the electricity goes off in the city you can still flush your toilet. Surprise! Surprise! You can't when you have a well. We won't even discuss terrible internet service. Unless this town is dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century it is going to go the way of the dodo bird. What doesn't grow dies and it's selfish to put the desire to live in the past ahead of the future of a town. These small towns could make great "bedroom communities" for people who can work from home if they would just modernize services and get rid of the attitude.  

I have no problem flushing my toilet when their is no electricity. That is why I have buckets and I can get water from lots of sources or I could just plug my water pump into my generator. 

I have a well and a septic and have never had major problems with either one. You are right about what you call city folk( I call them rural challenged.) they think the end of the world is coming if there are hurricanes, tornado's, or just a severe thunderstorm.

They are coddled in big cities and after living in several for many years I would much rather live in a rural setting.

They can also thank rural farmers that keep them fed. The only ones with attitudes are people from the city. They believe anyone not from a a major city is an inbred hillbilly who have one tooth per family and wear bibs without shirts

I believe big cities will be going the way of the dodo bird not small towns like DuBois. Look at San Fransico. They are defecating in the streets. Yep welcome to modern society. No thanks you can keep that

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom

6 hours ago, Gator11 said:

I have no problem flushing my toilet when their is no electricity. That is why I have buckets and I can get water from lots of sources or I could just plug my water pump into my generator. 

I have a well and a septic and have never had major problems with either one. You are right about what you call city folk( I call them rural challenged.) they think the end of the world is coming if there are hurricanes, tornado's, or just a severe thunderstorm.

They are coddled in big cities and after living in several for many years I would much rather live in a rural setting.

They can also thank rural farmers that keep them fed. The only ones with attitudes are people from the city. They believe anyone not from a a major city is an inbred hillbilly who have one tooth per family and wear bibs without shirts

I believe big cities will be going the way of the dodo bird not small towns like DuBois. Look at San Fransico. They are defecating in the streets. Yep welcome to modern society. No thanks you can keep that

I too have flushed with buckets of water during power outages. I have thawed buckets of snow using the fireplace so I could do so. I don't like it. A bucket of snow doesn't make much water. I was born and raised in the city and have adapted. We can look down on people who don't want to do so but that doesn't mean we don't need them. I think it is fair to say that many people who would be contributors to the community refuse to live here because they don't want to rusticate or be inconvenienced. DuBois continues to lose population and the people that remain are aging. I don't think that is good sign for the longevity of the town. Basics like sewage and water are not a sellout and the attitude I am referring to is that of people who want things to remain the same forever so that they won't be inconvenienced.  Wouldn't it be nice if more of our children could find work here rather than have to move to San Francisco where they defecate in the streets? And wouldn't it be wonderful if retired people didn't have to move out of town to be near their children and grandchildren? 

I don't know if any of you have drilled through metal pipe before buy it is difficult and takes time and a lot of drill bits to do this much damage. It makes you wonder at the veracity of the facts. Try it for yourself and see how long it takes.