GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
Bon

Holes Drilled In Water Main Pipes In Clearfield County

SPONSOR:  

1 hour ago, Zilch1 said:

I don't know if any of you have drilled through metal pipe before buy it is difficult and takes time and a lot of drill bits to do this much damage. It makes you wonder at the veracity of the facts. Try it for yourself and see how long it takes.

Ductile iron water mains are going the way of the dinosaurs with plastic pipe and HDPE pipe relpacing it on new mains and branches.

2 hours ago, Zilch1 said:

OK. Thanks for setting me straight. I guess I am showing my age. Now the article makes sense.

When they drilled holes in the pipeline I was working on, we all thought the same thing. It would take a long time to drill a hole through a metal pipe that was .388 thick. We got a drill with a 3/8 bit and gave it a try. It didn't take long at all.

THE WINDMILL IS LIBERALISM.

MY QUEST----------REMOVE LIBERALISM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

ALONG WITH EXPOSING THE TPD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS.

3 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

Ductile iron water mains are going the way of the dinosaurs with plastic pipe and HDPE pipe relpacing it on new mains and branches.

Wilson Construction has been installing miles and miles of " dinosaur" pipe at Treasure Lake for Aqua. Plastic pipe is not as stable as ductile iron and when installed with anti corrision sleeve ductile iron will last generations. 

"I am the master of my unspoken words and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken"

28 minutes ago, Bub said:

Wilson Construction has been installing miles and miles of " dinosaur" pipe at Treasure Lake for Aqua. Plastic pipe is not as stable as ductile iron and when installed with anti corrision sleeve ductile iron will last generations. 

Many municipalities still require ductile iron as the only choice for their water projects

I wonder if Aqua does this for all the systems they own?