GoDuBois.com

Rusted rims

jaman

My car is only 5 years old but my rims are starting to rust. if I would go to a body shop how much would it cost per rim to clean and paint?

I know its not a bad job to do my self but the time to put into it  I want to know a cost.

If you do it yourself after sanding, how coats of primer or paint. Im not too picky. Ive seen many videos on Youtube but they go from 3 to 1 coats.

They make a RUSTOLEUM RUST REFORMER that is basically a primer that converts rust into a paintable surface. Works great on surface type rust and not so much on crusty hardcore rust. There is also a produce called RUST REFORMER that works great but I don't see it in stores locally. The Rustoleum is available at the BIG BOX STORE locally for around $8.

1 hour ago, Zilch1 said:

They make a RUSTOLEUM RUST REFORMER that is basically a primer that converts rust into a paintable surface. Works great on surface type rust and not so much on crusty hardcore rust. There is also a produce called RUST REFORMER that works great but I don't see it in stores locally. The Rustoleum is available at the BIG BOX STORE locally for around $8.

Thank you. I have used that(Rustoleum) before.  I have about 1/2 a can at home which I spray under my parents car in the Spring and fall. Its A 2003 Chevy.

• 4 weeks later...