GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
frog

Planet fitness

Was thinking about joining and giving them a try.  Anyone else done so yet or have ever went to one?  I am interested in some in put.  Thanks

Getting ready. # of my friends have. At $10 a month you cant beat it. if it is just as well managed and operations like others. It will be good. get the ala carte at $22 month and you can get a message bed after your workout.

Guest Dan
24 minutes ago, Zilch1 said:

They want  both your credit card number and bank account number for monthly payment. I can see one or the other but asking for both is in question for me.

Credit cards expire.

11 hours ago, Zilch1 said:

They want  both your credit card number and bank account number for monthly payment. I can see one or the other but asking for both is in question for me.

What if u dont have a credit card?

13 hours ago, pineappleology said:

There's no such thing today. There's your check card or prepaid cards.

That's a debit card...we were talking credit cards.  I dont own a credit card.

I contacted Planet Fitness on their website. I think it goes to the main office. I asked about paying in full for the years membership and here is the reply. "Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, we are unable to accept payments in full unless that location is offering a paid in full membership promotion at the time. All of our memberships require that you put billing information on file so that the monthly and annual dues may be deducted automatically. Since our locations are independently owned and operated, you would want to check with the club location to see if they are offering this promotion at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience."

20 hours ago, pineappleology said:

No. A checkcard is a credit card with either a Visa logo or Mastercard logo. A checkcard is different from an ATM debit card.

No.  A checkcard debits from your checking account - there's no line of credit involved.  Checkcard == debitcard.

A credit card with any logo (Visa, Mastercard, American express) is simply known as a credit card.

6 hours ago, brandn18 said:

No.  A checkcard debits from your checking account - there's no line of credit involved.  Checkcard == debitcard.

A credit card with any logo (Visa, Mastercard, American express) is simply known as a credit card.

I strongly suggest you talk to a bank. You seem to be misinformed. A checkcard is a credit card. A debit card is for the ATM.

3 hours ago, Trillyn said:

Could care less about Planet Fitness, but they are going to be sharing the old KMart building with Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby is due to open in Jan 2020. And that will be somewhere I will go and spend my money lol

You mean, you could not care less.  If not, you have more care to give away.  I think it's great that another exercise location is opening in the area.  If you look around, a majority of this area is overweight.  More gym options might help people live healthier lives.  SNAP fitness, YMCA, Planet Fitness, etc they're all great.  Find one that works for you and start sweating!

From the Merriam-Webster site:

Could vs. Couldn't

We define could care less and couldn’t care less on the same page, with the single definition “used to indicate that one is not at all concerned about or interested in something.” We do not put these seemingly disparate idioms on the same page in order to save space, or so that we might cause you pain. We do it because one is simply a variant of the other, and they are used in a synonymous manner.

There is little doubt that couldn’t care less is the older form, although no one is certain where this came from. There has been speculation that it is British in origin, and that American soldiers returning from World War II brought it to these shores. While it may indeed have come from the United Kingdom, there is clear evidence that couldn’t care less was in use prior to the 1940s.

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"