GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

Pa.Baker Goes Viral After Making Life-Sized Deer Wedding Cake

Pa. baker goes viral after making life-sized deer wedding cake

f778a80e-7ef7-43da-b3b7-8dad29e63d70-lar
Deer wedding cake (Shady Maple Farm Market)
facebook.svg

Deer-ly beloved...

A wedding cake in Lancaster County is getting attention across Pennsylvania.

Shady Maple Farm Market posted a picture of a life-sized deer wedding cake on their Facebook page over the weekend that has since been shared more than 1,000 times.

According to the post, the cake was made by cake decorating supervisor Pam McNeal.

Company officials say a couple ordered the cake for their wedding that took place this past Saturday.

The couple brought in a pair of plastic antlers and asked Shady Maple to make a wedding cake that fit the antlers.

The company says everything but the antlers were made from scratch.

The head and neck were carved from plastic foam, but the back part of the deer is made entirely of cake – enough for 250 servings.

The cake took about 10 hours to make.

Shady Maple is located in East Earl. For more information, visit their website here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      https://wjactv.com/news/local/pa-baker-goes-viral-after-making-life-sized-deer-wedding-cake

1 hour ago, brandn18 said:

That's some true hillbilly stuff right there

Not sure that’s hillbilly maybe more of a redneck, outdoors man thing. When I think of a hillbilly I picture a drunk old dirty dude with a corncob pipe and cane. Sitting by his outhouse on a log with a bottle of shine next to him.

3 hours ago, jt85 said:

Not sure that’s hillbilly maybe more of a redneck, outdoors man thing. When I think of a hillbilly I picture a drunk old dirty dude with a corncob pipe and cane. Sitting by his outhouse on a log with a bottle of shine next to him.

Yea, I'm unsure what separates a hillbilly from a redneck.  I guess a hillbilly wouldn't bother with a custom cake.